Melee, Ranged, and Wands come Mists of Pandara

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Re: Melee, Ranged, and Wands come Mists of Pandara

Unread post by Sesamee »

There was a TON of information released in the last two days. Maybe not everyone has had the time or opportunity to go through it all with a fine tooth comb so the fate of caster staves wasn't exactly clear to everyone. Lecturing people about what they can and can't be concerned about is just rude.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sesamee wrote:There was a TON of information released in the last two days. Maybe not everyone has had the time or opportunity to go through it all with a fine tooth comb so the fate of caster staves wasn't exactly clear to everyone. Lecturing people about what they can and can't be concerned about is just rude.
I wasn't lecturing. I was correcting and saying chillax. There's a major difference between a long paragraphed lecture and a small response in a light hearted fashion. I think you took my statement WAY too seriously.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Or it could be that your delivery leaves much to be desired.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Could say the same for you. Leave it at that. I know my intentions. If someone reads too much into it, that's not my fault. :)

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Sooo.... who wants to bed off-hand items are gonna get some serious beefage for those people who use wants as a main hand wep, and i wonder if they're gonna give casters the option to use 1 handed/off hand daggers for the off hand

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:Sooo.... who wants to bed off-hand weapons are gonna get some serious beefage for those people who use wants as a main hand wep, and i wonder if they're gonna give casters the option to use 1 handed/off hand daggers for the off hand
I can see that happening definitely.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

*thinks* well I hope they come up with some cool looking designs now maybe im just so used to my stat stick as my predominent look while running around but its.. a nice polearm. I mean really its.. not used and useless but darn shiny thing is shiny! I really wasnt upset at all about losing some stat stick its just.. going to feel extremely odd and wierd for quite some time after 5.0. But we could be re learning our class like some other classes will be .. I just dont know. I guess the bow/gun/crossbow will be on the back as we run? Maybe the gun would be on the side, and the crossbow and bows will be on the back. The quiver is kinda.. neat as long as we dont have to make bullets and arrows :lol:

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I doubt they'd bring back ammo after finally removing it from game. If they do add ammo pouches/quiver looks, they will most likely just be a cosmetic.

I wouldnt mind seeing my ranged weapon across my back, I am currently unsure I want to know where I am currently keeping it...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Uhhh.. *thinks* *looks* *backs away* I dont think you wanna know..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

:lol: The same place we keep our hundreds of mini pets, mounts, 40 stacks of food, some random guy's head, etc. :P

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Morgrimsson
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Morgrimsson »

I really hate this idea of removing our melee weapon completely. I understand we're a shooting class, pure and simple, and blizzard has never really given hunters any real melee ability of note beyond that of our pets, but we should be able to still equip and use melee weapons. There are some sweet looking bows, and there USED to be some sweet looking guns, but the art department puts WAAAAAAY more work into the melee weapons. I don't see my bow/gun/crossbow strapped across my back as I'm running, riding, etc., and I don't really care to. I like having a polearm or an axe across my back, and enjoyed feeling like if need be my hunter could stab or at least club out any enemy that managed to charge past my pet with their last bit of strength. Maybe that's more RP than actual game-mechanic relevant, but from an aesthetic standpoint as well as an interest standpoint, this is a huge step back for WoW for me.
Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by Ebonrook »

Morgrimsson wrote:There are some sweet looking bows, and there USED to be some sweet looking guns, but the art department puts WAAAAAAY more work into the melee weapons.
Maybe with the lack of melee weapons for hunters, they'll go a little more above and beyond in their designs for ranged weapons? *hopes*
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ebonrook wrote:
Morgrimsson wrote:There are some sweet looking bows, and there USED to be some sweet looking guns, but the art department puts WAAAAAAY more work into the melee weapons.
Maybe with the lack of melee weapons for hunters, they'll go a little more above and beyond in their designs for ranged weapons? *hopes*
That seems to be the case cause now ranged weapons are gonna show all the time.

LisaaraPokefarm

Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

I farm like crazy for cool gear/weapons/bows/etc. I have been thinking over my transmog set for a long time and have put countless hours into farming it.

However, I think it's SILLY, plain and simple, to threaten to quit the game because they decided to take away stat sticks for hunters. We have always been a ranged class. When I pvp and am up close with an enemy player, I think my troll looks incredibly stupid waving her polearm around. I would much rather just have my bow and kick ass with that. I'm hoping we are able to show our ranged weapons on our backs now, because I have far more amazing bows than I do melee weapons. It seems like, if they plan on removing hunter melee capabilities, they will instead redirect efforts to bows and perhaps also quivers.

I realize I'm probably also in the minority here but I honestly don't mind that much. I'm not sure where the huge outcry and drama is coming from on this issue. Maybe because I sort of hate melee weapons to begin with and never get attached to them anyway?

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

one concern i have is how they're gonna place the guns.. where are the guns gonna sit and will we see the container our bullets are being held in and what kind of container would it be? They used to have pouches but honestly a pile of bullets in a bag is a horrible idea, perhaps we'll see pouches that are rectangle shaped and not made of loose flimsy fabric attatched to our belts?

.. that is of course if they decide to let us see quivers of arrows on our backs for those wearing bows and crossbows

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

It'd be awesome if, even if we could not use them in combat, we could equip "cosmetic" weapons like simple staves and axes and swords and other generic props for RP purposes.

I just want my walking-stick back.
Image Image
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Is anyone else excited like me at the prospect of possibly getting enchants for our ranged weapons? And I don't mean by Scopes only. I mean a true visible enchantment.

I mean it's a thought, but also a real possibility now. IDK I think it'd be cool. lol

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:Is anyone else excited like me at the prospect of possibly getting enchants for our ranged weapons? And I don't mean by Scopes only. I mean a true visible enchantment.

I mean it's a thought, but also a real possibility now. IDK I think it'd be cool. lol
I am! :D

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Rikaku wrote:Is anyone else excited like me at the prospect of possibly getting enchants for our ranged weapons? And I don't mean by Scopes only. I mean a true visible enchantment.

Not if it's something nonsensical like dripping blood, but sure, if it makes sense, it'd be nifty.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Mmmm...blood...... :lol: (Just kidding.)

For some reason, I imagine the guns being carried similar to how they carried the shotgun(?) in Mass Effect (first one). I'm pretty sure it was the shotgun that carried horizontally across the small of the back, right above the butt. Bows could probably be carried higher up on the back. Same with crossbows, though I see them more as having the handle up top and the crossbow pointing diagonally (similar to Vayne's artwork in LoL for those who play the game, except I think the handle is on the bottom).

/shrug :P

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.