If only I knew while leveling

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
The huntress
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

If only I knew while leveling

Unread post by The huntress »

How nice it is to have a bear by your side. He would have made leveling a lot easier I think.

Now add something pet related that you wish you would have known as a hunter coming up :headbang:

Tasêr

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Re: If only I knew while leveling

Unread post by Dakonic »

Wind Serphants, I love them to death now, but I don't have one. No room in my stables. =[
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Krush. His skills in walking made him venture straight into a dwarfcamp when I was going to tame. I HAD to start shooting, otherwise it would have been a waste. Got some angry tells ffrom another hunter that flew down and only saw me and some dwarves killing him. He would NOT listen to my explanations...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

If I level a hunter again, I'd level with nothing else than an Owl at my side. Fuzzy leveled 10-80 with Archimedes, and I'd do it all over again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Hm. I leveled my hunter when pet skills were taught by other pets and trained by running with them, so any advice I would give my noob self wouldn't really count back then...

Today, though? I'd tell a new hunter to get a tenacity pet for soloing, to mix the questing with random dungeons, and the ABCs of grouping (growl off, attack the tank's target, protect the healer, all that lovely stuff).

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

I think this time I would try Marksman instead of Survival

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

1. Stables exist
2. It's safe to use them
Kroxis
Realm: Daggerspine -US

Unread post by Kroxis »

Teneacity is great for leveling, Ferocity for groups and cunning for.... good question =p
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

When I first started this hunter five years ago, I really wish I would have known that strength and spirit are terrible stats to have! I was a really big noob back then (come on, the game had just come out!), and picked out gear by how *pretty* it looked. Doh! But now I know! :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sarayana

Oh that's true, the stats!!! It was such a mess starting out, wasn't it? And everything had spirit on it, so that had to be a good stat, you know? :lol:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I always assumed that if a piece of gear had more armor, it was better. :lol:
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:I always assumed that if a piece of gear had more armor, it was better. :lol:
So did I. At least in my case ot was somewhat beneficial, since I played a protadin back then. Still...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Vephriel wrote:I always assumed that if a piece of gear had more armor, it was better. :lol:
You mean it's not?!
Sarayana

Mania wrote:
You mean it's not?!
Well it is for some... ;)

GethlarNomudac
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by GethlarNomudac »

never tame a pet because its level 10, not 8...
u lost tha game :D
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Same here. I was wearing a lot of SM mail when I got to 40 because "mail is better! it has more armor," hehe. Even though all that mail had str on it.

I also thought when I first started playing the faster I pushed the attack button, the faster my character would attack. I had such sore hands after the first day.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I wish I would of realized I could take on beast a couple levels ahead of me if you did it properly or take on more then one beast at a time without dying. Leveling to 85 should alot easier for me then it was from 70-80. I played most of the time on my hunter grouped up my girlfriend at the time. So when we broke up I was still level 72. I had no Idea what on earth I was supposed to do and questing took forever for me.
Sarayana

Wassa wrote:I also thought when I first started playing the faster I pushed the attack button, the faster my character would attack. I had such sore hands after the first day.
That's true, the first couple of times I played I kept hitting 1 continuously! Haha! I don't even recall how I realised I just had to leave it on...

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Sarayana wrote:
Wassa wrote:I also thought when I first started playing the faster I pushed the attack button, the faster my character would attack. I had such sore hands after the first day.
That's true, the first couple of times I played I kept hitting 1 continuously! Haha! I don't even recall how I realised I just had to leave it on...
Oh man I totally remember doing that too! xD Just spamming the attack button...lol. Thankfully I figured out quickly that I could just press it once. x)
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I also thought when I first started playing the faster I pushed the attack button, the faster my character would attack. I had such sore hands after the first day.
picked out gear by how *pretty* it looked
Oh that's true, the stats!!! It was such a mess starting out, wasn't it? And everything had spirit on it, so that had to be a good stat, you know?
Yeah...I think I've repressed some of those memories...oh god, it's all starting to come back to me now!
The stats...well, when I started a druid friend who no longer plays bought me some "starter" gear...I can only assume she didn't know squat about a hunter, though her intentions were good. Um. And so, with her being a lvl 80 and all, I assumed she was the authority on everything. So, until I started doing some reading about the game, I tried to find things with the same stats. Intellect, spirit and strength. This went on until at about lvl 30.
But still guilty of "pretty gear" to a degree, on lower level toons, especially after I discovered the dressing room...I mean, those shoulders are just SO last year! lol

Oh, and one more thing...oh, god, this is embarrassing. So, after I figured out how to kill things, I noticed they had this shiny stuff floating over them, which I thought was weird and this icon that looked kinda like a fig or something if I moused over them. I didn't know what to make of it and the only person around (I kept trying to talk to NPCs too. I didn't know how to tell what was a player) once I figured out how to talk just laughed at me when I asked what that was. Finally my husband asked why I wasn't looting anything...looting? What? I guess I should have read the little book thing that came with the game.