Loque needs a lovely name!

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Loque needs a lovely name!

Unread post by Nevar »

Ok Petopians as I am not at home I cannot post SS's atm HOWEVER... I have finally bagged Loque as many of you know and for over a year of trying I would say he deserves the perfect name. I've searched and searched and the best I came up with was Kean from Irish mythology it means "amazing, Legendary, Otherworldly" This however dosent seem fierce enough for my baby and I'm just stumped when I look at him. To me Loque is fierce and beautiful..unique yet a great protector...he is sleek and strong and reflects my favorite Big Cat irl. I like serious names..from mythology(irish,norse,gaelic,welsh,celtic preferred) maybe a reference from a book or a movie or heck even something that just screams I am fierce and powerful. I'm really counting on you guys for this one! :) Gimme your best shot! <3 hehe

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Firefrost
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Loque needs a lovely name!

Unread post by Firefrost »

I like the idea of Thunderfury, as it is a legendary weapon, and would fit with the ferociousness of Loque.

But there is also Hania, native american for "Spirit Warrior", which would also work.
U jelly?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vomitface.

(Serious suggestions:)
Orcslayer.
Bifrost.
Snowfall.
Lazahkitteh.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Loque was by far the most difficult pet that I've ever named. It was so hard to find something fitting. I renamed him twice before settling on a permanent one.

Anyways, a couple that I had on my list were Soulfrost or Runefrost if one strikes your fancy. I'll edit this with more ideas when I think of them. xD
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Hmm getting there but not quite.. Needs to be just perfect.. I am partial to anime names as well =D

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

As much as I kinda don't want to share my special name, I feel that Loque'nahak means as much to you as my white lion does to me. So, my suggestion is the name Tetsusaiga (or Tessaiga, which is the real name but translation got a little flubbed, but anyhow). Here is the description of Tetsusaiga/Tessaiga:

"Means: Iron Crushing Fang
It's second, "active" form is a whole different story. When wielded in defense of humans it transforms into a gigantic crescent-shaped sword with a furry hilt. As the story progresses and Inuyasha gains experience using Tetsusaiga he's able to switch its form and activate it in a larger and larger set of circumstances as well as use more of its special abilities. It is a truly impressive and powerful weapon in this form and can even act on its own if Inuyasha loses consciousness."

In defense of humans.....impressive and powerful.....object of desire (for Sesshomaru, his brother, who wants it for himself)

So, I think it describes your Loque'nahak but of course you don't have to like my suggestion. I know it's kind of an odd name to someone who might not be familiar with the series.

Good luck!!!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Thank you Rheyla and while I wont be using that name per take I too LOVE Inuyasha however the name I chose would be...

Tenseiga - The sword has a special property in that it cannot harm any living beings, which is ironic for a sword. However its power lies in the fact that it can bring the recently dead back to life as well as healing the wounded. The literal translation of the kanji is "heavenly life fang" or "fang born out of heaven", Tenseiga allows a powerful wielder to see and slay the beings from the underworld, as well as bringing up to 100 beings back to life in one swing. And it should be noted, that the Tenseiga has a mind of its own, as at various points, it has been seen talking to Sesshomaru by telling him things like wishing to be drawn or giving him advice. The same thing goes for Inuyasha's Tessaiga.

To me this is Loque while he can indeed harm I see him more as a life-giver and indeed to me he fell from the heavens :)

Thanks Rhyela!

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh wow, I love your choice of Tenseiga! It's absolutely perfect. :D

-resident Sesshoumaru obsessionist
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Haha thak you Veph! I am as well soooooooooooooo dreamy for an anime character. Hehe <3 :)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

/cheer! Yay! It's a perfect name for him! I thought of suggesting that one too but I guess I'm more bent on destruction. :twisted: :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.