List of Rare that are OK to kill for the 25g

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Re: List of Rare that are OK to kill for the 25g

Unread post by Golden »

Dr. Rockso wrote:I did acknowledge you by responding to your response to what i have personally seen when it comes to taming or killing these mobs

and now im getting attacked cause i say ez instead of easy? lol yikes
The only part of my post you openly acknowledged was the part that was effortlesly easy for you to counter without even trying to expand your own viewpoint. That's a single sentence out of 8, and even from that you seem to only acknowledge "... kill the Molten Front rares ...", while the rest is lost.

I don't think a lot of responses are about disagreeing with the point you're making as much as they are about your attitude towards the opinions of others. As a general rule, show respect to others and they will in turn respect you.
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Golden wrote: I don't think a lot of responses are about disagreeing with the point you're making as much as they are about your attitude towards the opinions of others. As a general rule, show respect to others and they will in turn respect you.
:nod:

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dr. Rockso »

meepitco wrote:
Golden wrote: I don't think a lot of responses are about disagreeing with the point you're making as much as they are about your attitude towards the opinions of others. As a general rule, show respect to others and they will in turn respect you.
:nod:

i haven't attacked anyone so my attitude towards it is pretty calm to say the least. but all this trolling on how my spelling = trolling and and all that it taking away from the topic. if any one can add any more rare mobs to the list that they think are ok to kill for the 25g crystal they drop go ahead and say it here.

iv gotten a couple questions though PMs on here regarding Kirix. I got people telling me that hes a rare spawn but then again hes not due to the Cinderweb Broodlings that spawn so is it ok to kill him. My thoughts on this is that yea its ok to kill him if the Cinderweb Broodlings are up cause again you just simply tame one of those. now to flip the card is it ok to kill the Cinderweb Broodlings? these i say its ok to kill cause they will respawn almost instantly close by and they can be a problem cause they are annoying wile you are trying to do quests in that area, so yes i think its ok to kill them and i dont thing its fair to get mad at some one that killing these
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

Wow, the self righteous attitudes of the hunters here make me sick, and they remind me why I stopped posting here long ago. Someone posts legit reasons on why it's okay to kill rares and because their opinions differ than yours it makes them a troll? Grow up.

Those rares are there for everyone. If I want to kill one and I get to it first, then I have every right to kill it. I have a list of hunters that I met through camping which I will whisper if I see a rare I know they are looking for but that's it. I don't have time to whisper hunter after hunter and try to find a home, and 25g for a few swings of my weapon is pretty decent cash, especially for someone who doesn't have time to play very often. It will always spawn again.

I know I'm fueling the fire, but I really don't care. This will be the last time I post on these forums, even though I have been really scarce over the last year anyways. I just hate hate hate how people jump down other people's throats so easily here. Ive watched the forums steadily go downhill from an accepting community for all types of players to people complaining about new members to Watching countless people leave because everyone has to walk on eggshells.
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Long story short, here's my opinion in a nutshell.

If that 25g is seriously worthwhile enough to you, then I'll be happy to give you a handful of copper ore to sell on the AH. That shit is way over-priced these days.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Gumballs wrote:Wow, the self righteous attitudes of the hunters here make me sick, and they remind me why I stopped posting here long ago. Someone posts legit reasons on why it's okay to kill rares and because their opinions differ than yours it makes them a troll? Grow up.

Those rares are there for everyone. If I want to kill one and I get to it first, then I have every right to kill it. I have a list of hunters that I met through camping which I will whisper if I see a rare I know they are looking for but that's it. I don't have time to whisper hunter after hunter and try to find a home, and 25g for a few swings of my weapon is pretty decent cash, especially for someone who doesn't have time to play very often. It will always spawn again.

I know I'm fueling the fire, but I really don't care. This will be the last time I post on these forums, even though I have been really scarce over the last year anyways. I just hate hate hate how people jump down other people's throats so easily here. Ive watched the forums steadily go downhill from an accepting community for all types of players to people complaining about new members to Watching countless people leave because everyone has to walk on eggshells.
well said
i dont fully agree with ya on killing all or any rares but you do make an interesting point is saying these rare are for everyone not just us hunters . Its really more a curtsy thing to not kill the rare spawn and let a hunter get it. I see it hard to get mad at some one who is killing a rare spawn that's looks exactly like a common mob that most of the time is in the same area when that rare spawn yields such a nice reward
Last edited by Dr. Rockso on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I actually agree with Rockso here, and I don't think his posts on this particular thread have shown a negative attitude.

I am strongly against killing unique rares, but I have no problem with non-unique rares. In the case of Madexx, I think it is preferable to quickly kill or tame the common color spawns, to reset the timer for the chance of a unique color spawn.

I don't have a problem with the non-unique fire spider rares being killed, but as I have had no interest in them, I don't even know How to kill them, so would just pass them by. :)

The green fire spider skin is a bit of a grey zone. So to be kind, I'd suggest not killing Kirix.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Dr. Rockso wrote:iv gotten a couple questions though PMs on here regarding Kirix. I got people telling me that hes a rare spawn but then again hes not due to the Cinderweb Broodlings that spawn so is it ok to kill him. My thoughts on this is that yea its ok to kill him if the Cinderweb Broodlings are up cause again you just simply tame one of those. now to flip the card is it ok to kill the Cinderweb Broodlings? these i say its ok to kill cause they will respawn almost instantly close by and they can be a problem cause they are annoying wile you are trying to do quests in that area, so yes i think its ok to kill them and i dont thing its fair to get mad at some one that killing these
I would personally pay you a 100g to see you attempt to kill him, and I would double that if you could somehow manage to kill him before he killed you. I would find it highly amusing to see you die repeatedly trying to kill him.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Mychelle wrote:Long story short, here's my opinion in a nutshell.

If that 25g is seriously worthwhile enough to you, then I'll be happy to give you a handful of copper ore to sell on the AH. That shit is way over-priced these days.
I made enough to get my alt epic flying off that stuff.

Anyway. Touchy topic because everyone has different and often very strong opinions, but I admit that the major issue here is how certain people aren't actually letting this be a serious, intelligent discussion. Rule #1 of Discussions goes as such: Acknowledge the counter argument. There has been a remarkably small amount of this going on.
Second rule: Read previous posts. If you don't, you're going to fuel a spark and cause a fire. Bringing up the same point over and over doesn't win an argument, it just gets so frustrating that everybody gives up.

On to the topic at hand.

First off, the rares are for everyone, as Gumballs said. (I don't agree with the rest of the post but hey, to each their own.) I don't kill rares that don't drop loot, but that's just me.

From what I can tell, that isn't what people are getting riled about. It's the "Just tame the common one" idea. This has been proven over and over and over again to *not apply to all hunters*. I have many friends that will only tame the rare version of a common skin - I myself prefer the rares. Why? It's an experience. It's fun. Killing a rare and saying "Go tame the common" is just… silly and insensitive.

That doesn't mean it's never okay to kill a rare. If nobody wants it and it's been sitting around, fel, kill away. If you honestly want that 25g, who am I to argue? Hunters tame pets to be happy, and that means *any other player* is allowed to kill a rare because it makes them happy. It's a game. It's meant to be fun for everyone, not just the hunters.

Tl:dr, killing rares is fine, but don't tell the hunter to go tame the common skin. Your opinion is not that of everyone.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

AdamSavage wrote:
Dr. Rockso wrote:iv gotten a couple questions though PMs on here regarding Kirix. I got people telling me that hes a rare spawn but then again hes not due to the Cinderweb Broodlings that spawn so is it ok to kill him. My thoughts on this is that yea its ok to kill him if the Cinderweb Broodlings are up cause again you just simply tame one of those. now to flip the card is it ok to kill the Cinderweb Broodlings? these i say its ok to kill cause they will respawn almost instantly close by and they can be a problem cause they are annoying wile you are trying to do quests in that area, so yes i think its ok to kill them and i dont thing its fair to get mad at some one that killing these
I would personally pay you a 100g to see you attempt to kill him, and I would double that if you could somehow manage to kill him before he killed you. I would find it highly amusing to see you die repeatedly trying to kill him.
i myself have never tryed it cause he is a grey area on weather hes a rare or not but i have seen a DK solo him, a warlock solo him, and a Hunter solo him
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:

Anyway. Touchy topic because everyone has different and often very strong opinions, but I admit that the major issue here is how certain people aren't actually letting this be a serious, intelligent discussion. Rule #1 of Discussions goes as such: Acknowledge the counter argument. There has been a remarkably small amount of this going on.
Second rule: Read previous posts. If you don't, you're going to fuel a spark and cause a fire. Bringing up the same point over and over doesn't win an argument, it just gets so frustrating that everybody gives up.

On to the topic at hand.

First off, the rares are for everyone, as Gumballs said. (I don't agree with the rest of the post but hey, to each their own.) I don't kill rares that don't drop loot, but that's just me.

From what I can tell, that isn't what people are getting riled about. It's the "Just tame the common one" idea. This has been proven over and over and over again to *not apply to all hunters*. I have many friends that will only tame the rare version of a common skin - I myself prefer the rares. Why? It's an experience. It's fun. Killing a rare and saying "Go tame the common" is just… silly and insensitive.

That doesn't mean it's never okay to kill a rare. If nobody wants it and it's been sitting around, fel, kill away. If you honestly want that 25g, who am I to argue? Hunters tame pets to be happy, and that means *any other player* is allowed to kill a rare because it makes them happy. It's a game. It's meant to be fun for everyone, not just the hunters.

Tl:dr, killing rares is fine, but don't tell the hunter to go tame the common skin. Your opinion is not that of everyone.
Well said, Lupis. Seems the OP missed the point of why everyone is getting angry in the first place. We at Petopia arent self righteous or anything that Gumballs stated. We just don't like people telling us to go tame the common and kill the rare we camped for.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

LupisDarkmoon wrote:

On to the topic at hand.

i will agree well said, you made some points and defended those points. I may not agree with all of what you said but i do appreciate you saying it in a non trolling manner like telling people to ignore this thread and let the mods handle it
now with that said i got some people asking me about jadefang.
Jadefang is a special case cause this one drops a critter pet that only this mob drops. Yes, its ok for anyone to kill this mob cause its yields such a unique reward. As far as killing it when you already have the pet? i would personalty have to say no i wouldn't do it
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that it is ok to kill a rare, unique or not, out from under someone who is in the process of taming it.

I can also understand preferring to tame a rare rather than a common. But if what you enjoy is the rarity, rather than the skin, then complaining that someone is doing something to make the tame harder doesn't make sense to me.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Dr. Rockso wrote:i myself have never tryed it cause he is a grey area on weather hes a rare or not but i have seen a DK solo him, a warlock solo him, and a Hunter solo him
I've yet to see anyone kill him, he is an rare because you can't rely solely on the spawlings to be up. He is also a rare because he is a rare, some hunter may want him simply because he is a rare, and they want the challenge.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

GormanGhaste wrote:I can also understand preferring to tame a rare rather than a common. But if what you enjoy is the rarity, rather than the skin, then complaining that someone is doing something to make the tame harder doesn't make sense to me.
It's not always the fact that it's really rare - I tame Gorefang instead of a normal grey worg, for example, because he's rare. But I've never stepped foot into Silverpine without seeing him. (Sometimes even two of him, if he's bugging again.) It's the part of your mind that knows it's the "special" one, even if nobody else knows. Not everyone has this, but trying to tell people that do to ignore it is the unfair part. :-)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

AdamSavage wrote:
Dr. Rockso wrote:i myself have never tryed it cause he is a grey area on weather hes a rare or not but i have seen a DK solo him, a warlock solo him, and a Hunter solo him
I've yet to see anyone kill him, he is an rare because you can't rely solely on the spawlings to be up. He is also a rare because he is a rare, some hunter may want him simply because he is a rare, and they want the challenge.
i can understand hunters may want to tame him cause of the challenge but then again its also a challenge to kill him and i can respect people who attempt that challenge in killing him and be rewarded with 25g or there own little trophy to keep in there bags
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:I can also understand preferring to tame a rare rather than a common. But if what you enjoy is the rarity, rather than the skin, then complaining that someone is doing something to make the tame harder doesn't make sense to me.
It's not always the fact that it's really rare - it's the part of your mind that knows it's the "special" one, even if nobody else knows. Not everyone has this, but trying to tell people that do to ignore it is the unfair part. :-)
Yes, I can understand wanting the special one. I wouldn't tell anyone to ignore it, if they want to tackle the frustration of taming the non-unique rare, that's fine. I just don't think non-unique rares should require special consideration from other people.
Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Kargath (US)

Unread post by Britany »

Personally, I wouldn't kill the rare. Maybe you can't find anyone willing to tame it, but I remember killing the rare tallstrider in Darkshore and as soon as it died a disappointed hunter had shown up with the intention of taming. That image pops up in my mind every time I see those common rares in Molten Front...it made me feel really guilty especially since I figured nobody would give a crap so I don't want to be "that guy" who kills the rare you want, even if they share a skin with someone. Idk...I just don't want that to happen to me again. I can understand why you'd say that though. I also prefer taming the rare more than the common skin. Gives a feeling of accomplishment. I mean, yeah, someone else probably will kill it but it's so easy to make 25g that I just don't want to be the one who actually does so. Just because of the small chance somebody actually may try taming it.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Sorry to be off-topic, but THANK YOU GUYS for being so civil. I was expecting this thread to turn into a massive flamewar and it looks like we've avoided that nicely. It's actually an interesting and thoughtful debate now.
This makes me a very happy person.

Okay, carry on.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising