A little Help

Nakrin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

A little Help

Unread post by Nakrin »

Hey not long been 80 and just started doing Hc, I have changed my spec to help with my Dps though I miss my Spirit Beast,
Anyway My question is I have gone MM but was wondering is Survival better?

here is a link to my Armory so you can see my spec, Ignore the gear lol I'm getting there,
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... gn=Obscuro

Here is the Survival spec I found
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cZ0eVooZx ... hsd:NAfMz0

Thing that bugs me about MM is my pet does not seem to keep agro like it did with my Bm spec will this be the same if I decided to go Survival?

any help would be great full
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Re: A little Help

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Marksmanship is not for everyone.
You'll often be killing the target before your pet has a chance to get to it (when you're better geared), but it means faster killing if you're out for quick runs/quick farming. However, three of your pets are not level 80. That is the reason at this point you're tearing aggro straight off of them. Take 'em through heroics, they'll be 80 in as little as 4 runs. Bear in mind your BM spec grants 4 extra pet talent points, in MM/Surv you won't have that to fall back on.

MM spec seems to bank heavily on Wolves being the primary DPS pet, you get laughed at for not bringing one with you. I've learned from crucial experience the wolf may be fine and dandy but you get very sick of seeing 'em in raids. Yes it's a DPS increase, but when your guild fails as hard as mine did, I learned it didn't matter what pet you brought in. I was one of those hunters perfectly content to bring in a Warp Stalker and watch her survive whilst the horde of wolves perished on Festergut.

Gem your gear. No gems will get you laughed at and probably get you thrown out of heroics from people that inclined to do so. Kas got that treatment dinging 80 too.
Farm Sholazar if you're low on gold - skins, mining and herbs = a lot of gold, short amount of time.

http://www.wow.com/category/scattered-shots/ - guides for everything here
http://www.wow.com/2010/04/05/scattered ... out-raids/ - this one's very helpful if you're not planning on raiding...or get put on a forced permanent hiatus like myself...

Hmm, there's prolly other stuff I missed, but I'm sitting in a queue for the Celestial Steed, so you'll have to forgive me for that XD

Nakrin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nakrin »

That fine lol thanks for the advise, I have not long got 80 its not been a week yet, The lack of Gem is due to waiting for a guild mate to come on not going to spend 200g for a gem that I can get for a lot less lol, still unsure weather to go Survival or stick with marks
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Survival is generally better DPS at "lower" gear levels (ie everything pre-ICC/Frost badge gear), but both specs have their tricks and quirks. So I'd recommend trying both, see which you like the feel of better, then get to learning everything there is to know about that spec. Skill is better than spec, so you are best to find the spec you enjoy the most and have an affinity for and go about mastering it.
Even in end-game gear, a well-played Survival Hunter will do more DPS than a poorly-played Marksman. So experiment while running Heroics, find what you like, and go to it.
Nakrin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nakrin »

Thanks for the advice not been marks for long but will give Survival a go too,