Eyes of the Beast - Official Forum request thread

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Eyes of the Beast - Official Forum request thread

Unread post by Kalliope »

The trolls must be playing Skyrim or something. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

bigbadwolfx
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Stormscale US

Unread post by bigbadwolfx »

did my thread do ths i wonder
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Not sure how one could successfully troll that thread (I'm sure they'd find a way). It's one of those things that no one really hated.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Unfortunately it can actually be easily trolled, most especially people booing us and saying that we're spoiled children cause we've been treated so well the past expansion and saying that Blizzard did good in taking away our 'toys' and such.. and thats just one i thought of in a couple seconds, so im especially glad to read it over again and see that-- all except possibly the person who deleted his comment, are in approval

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Like Xakaal said yeah unfortunately there are lots of ways to troll. Things like "It wasn't useful it had no purpose and nobody ever really used it get used to it lol" is one I just thought of. :/

So far though everything is looking awesome! Maybe at this point they're a bit scared to say anything for getting suddenly attacked by all these people in response. They probably thinking "screw this let's troll something else."

Then again...
we're probably just lucky.

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

There seems to be a disconnect here on word meaning...

When someone else holds a different opinion on the matter, they are simply disagreeing with you. No more, no less.

It's nothing to be upset about, nor is it grounds to call names. :)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Worba wrote:There seems to be a disconnect here on word meaning...

When someone else holds a different opinion on the matter, they are simply disagreeing with you. No more, no less.

It's nothing to be upset about, nor is it grounds to call names. :)
There's a difference between dissenting opinions and people who are posting with the specific intention of stirring the pot, rather than expressing a viewpoint. We're talking about the latter in this case. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

Vephriel wrote:Woo, the thread's hit 3 pages now, all positive replies and very good posts. ^^
um are you on drugs or am i because i only see 2 pages and you can count me in i shall lend my voice as well
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Demonicow wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Woo, the thread's hit 3 pages now, all positive replies and very good posts. ^^
um are you on drugs or am i because i only see 2 pages and you can count me in i shall lend my voice as well
It's at 4 pages now. x) The official forum thread, not this topic.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

oh i thought you meant this thread :lol:
btw i like your sig it kinda looks like betty boop i think(idk if thats how its spelled)
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

I happily added my support! I really miss Eyes of the Beast. I much preferred it to "Move Pet".
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

While I'm one of the number that never used EotB outside of a few forays into Molten Core (wait, you want me to do what with my pet?) and the rare occasion of goofing around, I don't have anything against seeing it return...as long as I don't have to give up anything I see as more useful. I love Eagle Eye for camping rares and making the opposite faction nervous in PvP, for example--I wouldn't have gotten my Loque when I did without it. It's also really fun when you macro it so that you can 'chain' it and go exploring. x3

...I think I wandered off on a tangent there, but the tl;dr is a cautious good luck! :hug:
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I think the only way there would be a good chance of getting this spell back would be if they removed the ability to gank lowbies with it with zero risk to the controlling hunter. It was rather common practice for a hunter wanting to cause trouble to go to a starter area, tame a common beast from there, give it the same name as the local version of the animal or leave it with the default name, and use EOTB to pat the animal around while PvP flagged, making it look just like all the others in the area. Unsuspecting baby toons, not knowing any better or not really looking at what they're attacking, would hit the hunter's pet, thereby getting flagged and making a one-bite snack for that pet. Not terribly fair, even if the offending hunter thought it was the funniest thing ever.

If that were changed, then I would give cautious support, so long as nothing else we currently have - not even Move To, which I quite like - was taken away in exchange.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

I WANT EYES OF THE BEAST BACK! I loved doing that! it worked awesome for min-tanking! (I got through a couple dungeons like that) and I bet it would be awesome for RPing (since, I wasn't on a RP sever back at that time) I miss eye's of the beast, I REALLY want it back. Now.

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}