Unread post by cowmuflage »

I voted today. Just doing my part.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: The Happy Thread

Unread post by Miacoda »

Got a hair cut today and it looks really nice. Going to donate what was cut off to locks of love. I then spent the rest of the day talking to someone who means a lot to me. <3 And ran BT with him and friends and it was super fun. Just... A really really good day. *sigh of utter happiness*

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

For years now I've been wanting to find a torrent of My Neighbor Totoro - the Fox dubbed version. I grew up with the movie on VHS, and the original English dub was phenomenal. Disney came in later and redid it in 2005, and I couldn't bear watching it. It just...wasn't the same.

Tonight, I've finally found some amazing person that's put up the Fox dub. I adore them for it, and I'm so happy I can preserve my favourite version now. :D
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Vephriel wrote:For years now I've been wanting to find My Neighbor Totoro - the Fox dubbed version. Disney came in later and redid it in 2005, and it just...wasn't the same.
As I've always watched it with subtitles, I've never thought about how there would be multiple dubs. Do you think the earlier version is better, or is it simply a nostalgic preference?
Vephriel

GormanGhaste wrote:
Vephriel wrote:For years now I've been wanting to find My Neighbor Totoro - the Fox dubbed version. Disney came in later and redid it in 2005, and it just...wasn't the same.
As I've always watched it with subtitles, I've never thought about how there would be multiple dubs. Do you think the earlier version is better, or is it simply a nostalgic preference?
It's definitely hard to look at objectively, but I'd say it's a bit of both. The nostalgia factor certainly comes into play, but I also genuinely feel the earlier dub had more personality and feeling behind all of the characters. The voices fit perfectly, they weren't just celebrities hired to do the roles. Everything about the original dub preserves the atmosphere of the movie to me, and the Disney one seems lacking in many places.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Vephriel wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:
It's definitely hard to look at objectively, but I'd say it's a bit of both. The nostalgia factor certainly comes into play, but I also genuinely feel the earlier dub had more personality and feeling behind all of the characters. The voices fit perfectly, they weren't just celebrities hired to do the roles. Everything about the original dub preserves the atmosphere of the movie to me, and the Disney one seems lacking in many places.
Well thats Disney for you. The horror stories I've heard from animators who've worked there don't make me want to work there! XD Rather go to Canada.
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo My CD game today :D It's pretty cool. Signed by all 4 band members.. Now I can finally just put it in, turn on repeat, and listen aaaaall day... probably not today though.. still sick.. last thing I need is to get all worked up singing along (loudly)...
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Vephriel wrote:For years now I've been wanting to find a torrent of My Neighbor Totoro - the Fox dubbed version. I grew up with the movie on VHS, and the original English dub was phenomenal. Disney came in later and redid it in 2005, and I couldn't bear watching it. It just...wasn't the same.

Tonight, I've finally found some amazing person that's put up the Fox dub. I adore them for it, and I'm so happy I can preserve my favourite version now. :D
Hayao Miyazaki is simply awesome (though I personally prefer subtitles).

Totoro, Laputa, Lupin and Nausicaa were some of my all time anime favorites. :D
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

I passed my road test...so at 27, I finally have a license :-) Now I only hope that I can exchange it for one in my country when I go back!
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Honor rolls <3 Glad about that.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Vephriel

Worba wrote:
Vephriel wrote:For years now I've been wanting to find a torrent of My Neighbor Totoro - the Fox dubbed version. I grew up with the movie on VHS, and the original English dub was phenomenal. Disney came in later and redid it in 2005, and I couldn't bear watching it. It just...wasn't the same.

Hayao Miyazaki is simply awesome (though I personally prefer subtitles).

Totoro, Laputa, Lupin and Nausicaa were some of my all time anime favorites. :D
*nodnod* In general I prefer subtitles as well, but since I grew up with that particular dub I just had to find that version again. ^^
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Very understandable! I'm a bit like that with Valley of the Winds actually (the english dubbed remake of Nausicaa, as you may know) - despite being a dub, I rather liked that one... being the first I'd seen of Miyazaki's work, it had a pretty indelible effect on me! :D
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Oh yes, and.... transmogs are here! I haven't been this glad about being a packrat since back in Vanilla when I needed like a bazillion silk bandages for the AQ rep grind! :lol:
Bubbleme
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Bubbleme »

Is it? 4.3 isn't here on EU until tomorrow :( *cries* Me no likey.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Actually I haven't used it yet - just logged on to my hundred or so different toons, pored over their bank contents, did a happy dance and logged off.

I like to savor the moment for a while.

Yes I'm weird.
Bubbleme
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

You're on US, then :( you lucky people! I can't wait for tomoz, which is when I get the paaatch! :P Too bad that on the ONE DAY we get no school (due to a strike, blahblahblah), wow makes us wait like ... ten hours. *Cries*
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

So just had my first filling done for this week and I'm drooling like a fool :lol: Not as bad as my cat but I could compete with him! Haha can't wait till friday when I get two fillings done wonder how much dripping I'll do then!
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

cowmuflage wrote:So just had my first filling done for this week and I'm drooling like a fool :lol: Not as bad as my cat but I could compete with him! Haha can't wait till friday when I get two fillings done wonder how much dripping I'll do then!
Pics please.
Bubbleme
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

My dog is so cute!
Attachments
17082007160.jpg
17082007160.jpg (664.59 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
11082007155.jpg
11082007155.jpg (392.02 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Uh, I think I'm going to have an appointment with an alterantive therapist. I think it's a good thing, perhaps it will help me focus better on school. I need those topgrades.

Edit: I googled it. I'm not going to become a vegetarian just to get top grades, and neither will yoga help me.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605