End Game Cinematic(SPOILERS!!!!) + Short Story

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

End Game Cinematic(SPOILERS!!!!) + Short Story

Unread post by Lisaara »

DO NOT WATCH/READ THIS IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... YVA0Hh6u3U

I have to say....I cried. Not in sorrow...but in relief......this is the first wow cinematic to move me so much. It's short...but powerful....

Short Story: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/s ... 1#readmode
Last edited by Lisaara on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Re: End Game Cinematic(SPOILERS!!!!)

Unread post by Lupis »

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!!

Huh. I'm actually really surprised. I mean, I'm kind of lol'ing that it stars Thrall AGAIN, but the aspects giving up their immortality? That's strange. It seems like it may cause a lot of problems, actually. What happens when the aspects die? That means a lot of new aspects and potentially more corrupt ones. And if there aren't more aspects, then the dragons have the ability to run wild. (Dragons aren't *all* nice, no matter the flight.)
…I get the message, but this seems like it could screw up the world. >.<

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Not really sure I like where they are going with this. The dragons and the old gods have been my favorite lore. And why would I want WoW to begin an age of mortals? I have to live in an age of mortals in RL. :)
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I'm going to be honest and say I don't like that, not one bit. Not the video, the video is fine, I don't like what happens in the video.. >:

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

GormanGhaste wrote:Not really sure I like where they are going with this. The dragons and the old gods have been my favorite lore. And why would I want WoW to begin an age of mortals? I have to live in an age of mortals in RL. :)

SPOILERS AND THEORIZING:

Well, I assume that the aspects had to go all out and end up 'using up' their powers in the fight. Since they got their powers from the Titans, who aren't exactly hanging around, odds are that there won't be any new aspects.

One reason for this move by Blizz is to open up things a bit, story-wise. No matter the threat, Azeroth has always had the dragonflights there to help make sure things get taken care of. They've always been kind of an unintentional Deus Ex Machina. With them out of the picture, the mortals are on their own.

Without the dragonflights or any Big Bad's in Pandaria, I have to wonder whether Blizzard is going to focus more on the situation between the Horde and Alliance. I strongly suspect they're going to get a lot LOT worse.

EDIT:

Oh, and Thrall....shame on you for not using protection! I guess even with Staghelm interrupting their wedding plans. Thrall n Aggra decided to have a lil honeymoon action anyway.

Hope he names the kid Cairne...
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

*twitch* That...that was bloody amazing. But honestly, they could've done better. At least, with the story line.
@Boven: I laughed at that edit. But if he names his kid Carine, that'd be pretty cool.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I like how it they showed Stormwind then Dal at the end.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

;^; the dragons give up their immortality....

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!!

Huh. I'm actually really surprised. I mean, I'm kind of lol'ing that it stars Thrall AGAIN, but the aspects giving up their immortality? That's strange. It seems like it may cause a lot of problems, actually. What happens when the aspects die? That means a lot of new aspects and potentially more corrupt ones. And if there aren't more aspects, then the dragons have the ability to run wild. (Dragons aren't *all* nice, no matter the flight.)
Well, they did say their "ancient power had been expended" because they had "fulfilled their purpose". That suggests to me that they knew this fight was coming and that it would be the end of their immortality. As for what happens to the rest of the world, here's a few questions that popped into my head:

- What will happen to the balance of power in the Emerald Dream without Ysera being fully empowered?

- Now that Nozdormu is mortal, how exactly will he gain the ability to cause the events leading up to "End Time"? I guess there's tons of way to explain it, but more fun to wonder :)

- How screwed over does Kalecgos feel right about now?

- How long before the new Lich King goes bonkers and starts a second Scourge with the Red Dragonflight's power no longer paying attention to him?
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

^ good questions (the lich king one made me giggle xD)

im also wondering if this is how Nozdormu dies, he was given sight of his own demise and its always been thought (least, it was imposed to me when i read the lore) that it was possibly going to be something really bad and there would be a huge battle, but it could simply just mortality? To grow old as any mortal (i had a vibe when i watched Nozdormu notice the sand running out of his shoulder armor that we was tasting the bitterness of the idea that he no longer has control over time and that he might of been thinking about all the events in Azeroth's past and future and what might now become of the world without him. His son Anachronos im sure has taken charge but Nozdormu was the Aspect of Time, he knows more about time then his son will ever know and he might be troubled at that as well incase something should befall the world or his son and the bronze dragonflight cant stand against it).

Yes im an absolute Nozdormu fangirl (Ysera too but Nozdormu really hit something with me in that cinematic) XD I will probably continue to delve into possible sad and/or dark secrets Nozdormu is thinking and mourning and contemplating now that hes mortal

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Boven wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:Not really sure I like where they are going with this. The dragons and the old gods have been my favorite lore. And why would I want WoW to begin an age of mortals? I have to live in an age of mortals in RL. :)

SPOILERS AND THEORIZING:

Well, I assume that the aspects had to go all out and end up 'using up' their powers in the fight. Since they got their powers from the Titans, who aren't exactly hanging around, odds are that there won't be any new aspects.

One reason for this move by Blizz is to open up things a bit, story-wise. No matter the threat, Azeroth has always had the dragonflights there to help make sure things get taken care of. They've always been kind of an unintentional Deus Ex Machina. With them out of the picture, the mortals are on their own.

Without the dragonflights or any Big Bad's in Pandaria, I have to wonder whether Blizzard is going to focus more on the situation between the Horde and Alliance. I strongly suspect they're going to get a lot LOT worse.

EDIT:

Oh, and Thrall....shame on you for not using protection! I guess even with Staghelm interrupting their wedding plans. Thrall n Aggra decided to have a lil honeymoon action anyway.

Hope he names the kid Cairne...
I agree. There will still be LEADERS of the dragonflights...just not all powerful aspects.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Kargath (US)

Unread post by Britany »

can't even take it seriously after reading this comment:

"0:50
"And new generations will be born." Their expressions! LOL
Aggra to Thrall: What the fuck?
Thrall: Ah shit, I dunno... Not my baby.
Gonna see them on Maury Povich soon"
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I can definitely see the Deus Ex Machina aspects of it and how this will help draw the focus back to the players and war. I'm still saddened by it though.

My friend brought up a very good point as well. What is going to happen as a result of this, the aspects have been responsible for much of Azeroth's energy and power and all sorts of important duties. This is how he explained it to me. (For quick context, the following quote is from Dr. Pym in the Marvel universe, talking about The House of M event where the mutant population was reduced to hundreds from millions in a blink of an eye).
"Well, it's shocking to say these words out loud, but we may have seen the extinction of an entire species, and as of right now we have no idea HOW this happened, and I don't think that any person of science can rest until exactly what has happened and who or what is responsible. because not only has the mutant population been devastated and my heart breaks for all my mutant brothers and sisters, but think of how this effects our entire ecosystem! the natural order of our evolution as a species has been altered. the entire way our planet reacts to our existence has now changed. Our planet may not be ready to handle the sudden changes that have been put upon it. and think about this...how many people are we talking about? tens of thousands of mutants? and of all those mutants, how many controlled energy? or entire energy fields? or produced energy sources? or wielded any number of elements that affected our atmosphere or the magnetic fields that hold our planet's weather systems in place? and this is just off the top of my head. And all this energy, the energy of a thousand mutants....it didn't all just disappear. I'm asking....where did it go? It's Sir Isaac Newton's Third Law of Physics--everyone knows it: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So I'm asking? What will BE the reaction?
RHMakonea
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (H/A)

Unread post by RHMakonea »

I honestly was a little disappointed mainly because I love the lore of the dragon aspects I really hope this doesn't mean not much of a future for the aspects.

Signature by the Wonderful Britany

My DeviantArt

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Blizzard's Solution to Awful-Dragon RPers.

"Guys, what if we make the Aspects mortal, and focus entirely on the races? Then, people won't be all, "DRAGONS <3" and won't make horrible dragon-draenei hybrids!"

"...But what if they start making worgen-draenei-blood elf-dragon hybrids instead?"

"Eh, I'll worry about that after coffee."

No, but in all seriousness, aw. I kind of, you know, like the dragons. Then again, I suppose faction war has potential to be neat, if they play it right. If it's just "Grr, I hate you" and "Grr, I hate you too" it won't work. I want to see real conflict. Give my characters a lorewise reason to fight.

ICly, Azunara doesn't give a damn about either factions, she's just for hire.
Same with my lock, she does whatever she wants, because it's not like anyone likes her in the first place.

My only relatively patriotic character is my worgen, who would fight to the death to protect Stormwind. As it stands, my characters just wouldn't care about the war. Unless something big happens.
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Note how Aggra doesn't get any lines besides "being pregnant". /rollseyes
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!!

I can understand Nozdormu wanting to do this myself, its the only way to really prevent himself turning into the Infinite Dragonflight leader. Perhaps its the only way to prevent further corruption. Just think Neltharion and Malygos were corrupted and turned against Azeroth, what's to say that Ysera with her nightmares, Alex, Kalec, or Nozdormu wouldn't turn against Azeroth next? (well Nozdormu will eventually with the Infinite)

I was a bit happy to find out that Nozdormu was the leader of the infinite (since I theorized that back in BC even), but then I was a little dissapointed how it (for me at least) seemed easy to guess.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

The end cinematic for me was boring and stupid, and here's why;

1. Too much emphasis on Thrall being powerful. Sure, he's now the bloody main character of Warcraft, but come on.
2. A lot of focus on Aggra's face. SHE IS UGLY. SHE IS AN ORC. ORCS ARE MONKEYS WITH DEFORMED FACES AND NO FUR.
3. The Dragon Aspects lose their power for killing our favorite Octopus-Dragon. Why? They can't keep the power to help keep the world balanced? The four living ones, and the soon to be new black one, are all completely good characters, so their powers would still have use.
4. What happened to the Dragon Soul itself? Is that what's inside Aggra? Because I really don't want to imagine two filthy space apes knocking flesh.
5. Where was Deathwing's corpse? Or at least parts of his armor. MAGICAL CLEANING?
6. The real heroes who kept dying and reviving get no screentime. ALL THRALL DID WAS WAVE HIS GLOWY HANDS.
7. What about the remnants of the Infinite Dragonflight? Do they just magically disappear?
8. What about the Twilight Dragonflight? Do they disappear or get exterminated? Would have been nice to see them turn to the good side and become a new flight that is an ally with the mortal races since their big daddy was facerolled by a bunch of random people.
9. Is Thrall still going to be a pansy and not end the conflict between the Horde and Alliance?
10. What about the ten other leaders of the factions? Varian sits on his throne, Garrosh sticks a twig down an ant hill mound, and Baine just weeps over his dead father and all of the plate dps running around with his axe? They all deserve screentime, more so than Thrall and Aggra who have had TWO expansions dedicated to them. It's time to drop their boring story; not everyone wants a filthy monster as the main character, THIS IS NOT MONSTERS INC.

Those are my gripes. Also, for a Cinematic, it was not very good, even in comparison to the shorter WotLK ones. Hell, it pales in comparison to the ending of Wrath. It's like one of the developers took a glorious defecation, said it looked like the rocks we fight Deathwing on, and imagined people talking on his poop.

Moderation note: We've sent Kikanu a PM about this as well, but the disrespectful language in this post is over the line. Now we will drop discussion of this post and go back to the main topic.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

for use of offencive wording welcome to foe list, and its just a cinematic, your welcome to your opinions but i feel this was not civil expression of thoughts in the least.

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

I don't even play WoW anymore aside from random logging on to chat while I wait for SWTOR but when I saw this linked here I had to watch it and I really wish I didn't. It's just so disappointing that they decided to kill off the dragon aspects for no seemingly good reason at all. Their job is done? Really? It certainly doesn't seem that way to me. I know it's Blizz's game and they can do whatever they want but I still can't help but feel this ending was just plain bad. I have no problem with Thrall and Aggra being focused on since Thrall is a very important character but even the cinematic itself didn't seem like a very good quality one.

Oh well. It's just a game after all.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.