What Pets Do You Bring Into 5-Mans?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

What Pets Do You Bring Into 5-Mans?

Unread post by Talaridan »

Title says it all. What pets do you bring into 5-mans, if you run them?

I run Beast Mastery as my main spec, simply because I enjoy it and I run respectable DPS in it. I won't break any DPS charts, but I pull my own weight and am not usually too far behind anyone, unless they have really, really good gear.

Currently, I bring....A tank pet (for emergencies), a Spirit Beast/Cat (for the roar buff), and a Wolf (for the crit buff if we have the roar buff covered by a DK).

That still leaves me two spots though and I was debating what to fill them with. Any suggestions?
Zuilu

Re: What Pets Do You Bring Into 5-Mans?

Unread post by Zuilu »

For 5 mans I don't worry about buffs a heck of a lot-- I make sure that I have 3 essentials at all times though. Cat, wolf, and a tank for emergencies. If the cat buff is covered then I use a wolf, if the wolf buff is covered then I use a cat, and if both are covered, then my pink chicken gets to run with me. :)
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Yeah, I have a fondness for my "darkhound" pet, Bane. I was wanting to bring him out, but Lockjaw is kind of useless for the most part.

Still, I just enjoy the way he moves and his particular coloring.
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

Wind serpent is my main pet right now.
Cat is second, but the buff is usually covered.
Turtle for emergencies.
Spirit beast if I'm bm.

I should bring a wolf, but I tend to forget about it. Oops.

ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

1. tenacity pet
2. cat/spirit beast
3. wolf/devilsaur
4.cunning pet (i usually bring a bird for its disarm)
5. open just in case i find something i wanna tame last minute XD

signature by spiritbinder
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

I start with cat/wolf/tank as well. (Spirit beast/wolf/tank, actually, as I'm running BM exclusively these days.)

I usually have my ravager with me, as that's a buff that's frequently not covered. Fifth pet would then be a chimera, to cover fights where heavy AoE is needed, or a corehound, in case the group needs Heroism.

Looking at that list tells me I should really tame a worm so I'll have AoE and emergency tanking covered with a single pet.

When I'd run as Survival, I'd have a wind serpent as my fifth for the spell damage debuff.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Querl Dox
Realm: Warsong / Nesingwary

Unread post by Querl Dox »

I always have with me;

1. Skystrike my blue Madexx for tanking purposes
2. Marc my Skoll in case we don't have a Warrior/DK on the group
3. Big Roy my King Krush or Big Angus my King Mosh, in case we don't have feral druid or a rogue giving +5% crit
4. And Glory, my Nuramoc, for AOE spamming shenanigans :D

Ralyne - 85 Blood Elf Hunter - Warsong US / Quington - 85 Worgen Hunter -Nesingwary US
Dragon Cave
Magistream

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

My new 'usual' group is:

1) Ebonlocke, my Worm. AOE fun, as well as the +4% physical damage, which seems to get missing a lot. I used to take my ravager, but with worm's increased utility, poor Grinch is becoming stable decoration.

2) Calliente, my Spirit Beast. The Str/Agi buff, plus if everything else is covered, she can do some emergency heals. It comes in amazingly useful for some fights, even if it's only essentially a single Regrowth.

3) FangedLime, my Devilsaur. As people have mentioned above, it's the +5% crit. The healing debuff comes in handy once in a while, but nowhere near as often in PvE as in PvP. So it's mostly a stylistic thing; wolf or hydra would work just as well.

4) Panzer, my Turtle. Just in case emergency tanking is needed.

5) Suzanoo, my Core Hound. Heroism a-go-go!

If I'm in a group with my guild (or friends), I make sure of what the group already has before we hit the Dungeon Finder and change my pets as needed for it.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Thank you all for the input! I was considering bring a worm myself, and wanted to see what others thought.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I dont run raids in my BM spec but in my Surv spec
I allways have:
Cat (if its a serious raid I bring my fav aqua tiger, Shy)
Wolf (normaly all ways, Romeo, my ghost wolf)
Hyenas (Purple use to be rare/quest from thousand befor it because sea water, PrettyPuppy)
Armored boar (I love my BeepKakez, he has saved us on a few tight situations)
And my Ravanger (the blue & green one, Pookie), my black warpie (Kek), OR my purple spider from molten frount (Tainted)

I have also brought my purple corehound (DrakoDog),Blue Devilsaurs (FuffyYummz), or any of my spirit beast if asked to. I allways see what my main tank wants and see if any other hunters are comeing what they are running with so we can have a good pet spread since I dont mind changeing around where other hunters dont like to :)
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I've been enjoying my Chimaera lately for aoe. If I don't have him with me, it's my worm instead.

Other than that it's always Cat, Devilsaur, Corehound and Turtle for 5-mans. I'm always BM spec, no matter what I'm doing. Never have had any problems with damage output (unless my pet dies, of course).
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I always have my devilsaur, spirit beast, and wind serpent with me. Lately I've been bringing my worm for AOE and either my rhino or another tanking pet, either shale spider or turtle. (both my rhino and worm are species for DPS)

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I always have these three on me:
• Devilsaur - Skorn
• Worm - Rancid (AoE, specced for dps)
• Turtle - Igneous (For solo or emergency tanking)

Then the other two slots are typically ferocity pets that I feel like having on me at the time, they rotate fairly often. I don't worry too much about specific buffs. Skorn tends to be the most needed, and I usually use him for 5 mans regardless.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

BM-worm
bitches didnt complain when they saw my dps, i laughed at the mm hunters with cats and a DK tank who thought i was bad

signature thanks to Kurieno
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

On Wassa I run survival spec and usually bring Hahadori (always in the first slot. ALWAYS!), a cat, wolf, wind serpent and ravager for 5 mans. Raids will be different since we always have the cat buff and ravager debuff, so I switch those two out for a hyena and raptor just in case we need those debuffs. I usually run with my wind serpent in raids though since we lost our warlock a few weeks ago and no one else can cover that debuff.

On Ptay I switch between survival and BM for 5 mans. My survival line up is similar to Wassa's (although she has no tallstrider *shamed*). For BM I bring a core hound, cat/spirit beast, wolf, worm, and fifth spot will be random.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Harvoc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank

Unread post by Harvoc »

I use the addon Raid Checklist (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/raid_checklist) that inspects my party/raid and tells me which buffs are covered and which ones aren't. I usually park myself by the stable master in SW before I queue up for a dungeon or raid so that I can switch pets quickly if a buff is missing and I can't bring it using my immediate stable. That's why I have a pet for every single buff/debuff available: Wolf, Cat, Wind Serpent, Raptor, Ravager, Hyena, Sporebat, Fox, and Carrion Bird. I keep the Fox and Carrion Bird in reserve in case the tank doesn't spec into the necessary talents (it's happened before...) but I usually have a Wolf, Cat, Wind Serpent, Raptor, and Ravager on hand. If I were BM, I'd get the above pets but replace the Cat with a Spirit Beast, the Wolf with a Devilsaur, and the Sporebat with a Corehound. You can also replace the Wind Serpent with a Dragonhawk and the Fox with a Tallstrider if you wish, considering that they have the same buff. BM would also require a Silithid, Shale Spider, Worm, and Chimera.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Typically I just bring the usual set - cat, wind serpent, ravager, tank.
Nowadays, I've started bringing a wolf, a cat, a wind serpent and a ravager - in MM, my tank pets are very squishy. >.<

In BM, though, my set varies. Often I bring a spirit beast, a devilsaur, a wind serpent and a turtle.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I tend to bring:

Devilsaur-crit buff and Gojira smash! Yay!
Spirit beast-pretty flashing lights of my Banny when I get bored pew pew'ing and if the healer is lazy I can use SM on myself.
Tank pet-usually a shale spider but some times a rhino just for the hell of it.
+whomever I have on hand. Kitty and a wolf at the moment, but I shuffle them around all the time these days.

For five mans I don't really care about buffs/pet dps output these days. I average about 18-25k right now as my personal DPS, depending on the buffs from the other party members and how much running I have to do (that Emerald Dragonshire kills my DPS until we get to the boss!).

I would say whatever pets you want, but have at least one tank pet just in case. A quick dismiss and summon of Kismet, my shale spider, has saved the group from wipes a number of times after the tank gets themselves killed (either by being stupid or pissing of the healer).
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

I pretty much always have Thor(worm), Wolf(wolf) and one of my spiritbeasts with me. The others rotate according to my mood. Of late it has been Ijaba(hyena) and Auma(wind serpent). Other favorites include Yuraliria(silthid), Borealis(raptor) and Blitz(carrion bird).

I have a shale spider I adore that I sometimes bring instead of Thor, but Thor and Wolf and my best buddies. So, I feel guilty if I replace Thor for too long. My corehound doesn't come out very often anymore because I usually run with a shaman or a mage.

I'd bring a tank, str/agi buff, aoe and then make the last two pets ones you find or are fond of. Especially in 5 mans covering missing buffs isn't that important.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am BM for everything. I've my core 3 pets that are always with me.
Nanaki-red hyena
Vlakorados-chomagggus
Barret-Terropene

Then I usually have one spirit beast (loque, koroma, or Ban) for heals/buff, and then one other pet thats dependant on what I feel like using. Atm, thats my fuzzy worm zolom. (I am loving using him as a dps pet, the burrow damage is awsome)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?