It Clicked

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

It Clicked

Unread post by Nevar »

Maybe this is a pointless thread but my new addition to my family..Tenseiga(Loque0 and I click. I havent really bonded with a pet like this since my first snow leapard Vash.. I like to think Tens is Vash reborn I suppose..just with a different name. I cried when I let Vashy go for Bangalash worst decision of my life (In WoW) but now I finally feel complete. :) So I ask people out there what pet do you really click with and why?

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Yojimbow
Realm: Bronzebeard-US

Re: It Clicked

Unread post by Yojimbow »

I would be much obliged to share.

My first-ever Hunter in WoW was a Tauren named Doomtraen. His first pet the Mottled Worg from outside of Undercity. I named her Marshmallow, because (at the time) I was eating peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches. Marshmallow grew with Doomy, up until he day that account was hacked and Doomy deleted. It was the first pet I ever had, and we clicked VERY well, odd as it may sound.

In fact, on Yoji (Bronzebeard one), his wolf, Sentry, I feel to be Marshmallow with wicked sweet armor plating.

I do plan on getting Marshmallow back on my new Hunter for the Petopians guild. :D

+ TALIA + YOJIMBOW + SENTRY +
Yojimbow <Beer Brotherhood> [Bronzebeard-US]
Yojimbow <Petopians> [Nesingwary-US]

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aww, that's wonderful to hear! I love when a pet just suddenly is *perfect*. The same thing happened to me with Skorn.

I went through a couple Devilsaurs when they were first able to be tamed. Tried all the colours, and kept switching them and stuff. Then I retamed a black one and suddenly I thought of the name Skorn (I was trying to find a name that matched the style of other Devilsaurs. Mosh, Krush, Dred...usually one syllable words that are slightly mis-spelled).

Anyways, Skorn clicked instantly and I knew he was the one. :D

Naturally I love all of my pets though. ^^ I'd just say Skorn is my trademark pal.
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Aye I love all mine too from Shinigami to Malik and of course Gotham but..Tenseiga and I we just fit :)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Well my first pet, and first rare, Gorefang by Undercity :D was somthing special. I loved him to peices, and I hate myself to this day for getting rid of him. Image
The pets that I bonded most to are Slash(R.I.P), DeathWarp, Dakota, and Marrok.
ImageSlash was the green outlands raptor and even my best friend loved him. He was the "Bad-ass" figure in my stable, noble, strong, and brave. :)
ImageDeathWarp, I was extremely proud of myself when I got her, after 3 weeks of getting things to spawn her, and trying I finally got her. I think all that effort really helped our bond, she is the current "Bad-Ass", leader figure in my stable. (Sorry for the language!)

ImageDakota, he wasn't as hard as usual, it only took 3 days of camping to get him, but the instint I got him, he had character, a story, a personality, and I loved him from the second I got him. To me, he is like your average dog but more, Loyal, playful, affectionate, strong, fearless, and protective, often playing with the kids in Orgrimmar.

ImageMarrok, he took 3 months of camping to get and I didn't expect to fall for him the way I did, to me he his personality is that of a one man dog. He isn't very social, or friendly, but for his master he has all the love and respect in the world. He is extremely protective, and loves the thrill of the fight.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Saydeflower
Realm: Uther, Emerald Dream

Unread post by Saydeflower »

I've found out that unless a name comes to me, that isn't a pet I'm really going to click with.

My blood-elf hunter was so hard to get started...changed her hair color and style a hundred times [I finally settled on a look kind of like Vephriel, but I promise I picked it before I saw V on these forums :) ] It was just as tough finding a pet that seemed right for her. But I took some of ya'lls advice on another thread and decided to try taming a new pet, one I'd never had before. Ended up taming Image, just because I liked the color. Almost immediately her name came to me - RoseMadder. Odella and her clicked perfectly!
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Thats good! I love hearing about how's :) Btw why the name RoseMadder if I may ask?

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

The first pet that ever really 'clicked' with me was one of the green outlands wind serpents from Blade's Edge.

Sparta grew on me quickly, and I hated having to let him go seeing as he helped me level to 70 and was there every step of the way since I tamed him. After I got to 80 in Wrath, I kept going back to Blade's Edge and retaming the wind serpents, but the never did grow back onto me. :'( Had a green outland raptor for awhile like a Sparta reborn into a different species but until I can get my currently in his 40's alt up to Blade's Edge level, I may never have another Sparta again.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Laz had a really difficult time bonding with her pets, she was very headstrong and completely unwilling to admit she was at fault for things she dived headlong into. That said, Timber and Broken Tooth were her first two pets as such. Valuable life lessons learned from their eventual departure (Timber) / death (Broken Tooth). The one pet that truly clicked with her and 'rebirthed' her into her current personality was Rak'Shiri (Boannan) - Image
I always regretted having let her go, and now that she's back again, depite the fact Laz has three "cats" (Araga, Rak'Shiri and "Loque'nahak"), she, and I, can't imagine being without them. Tibs is still learning what it means to have a family but...that's something I'm still working out the kinks for in Laz's story - he plays a much greater part in the lead-up to Cataclysm but.

For Kas, it was a no-brainer; he bonded immediately with Zarakh (Banshee) - Image
He was an adventurous, often crazy young Troll who wanted to seek trouble in all honesty - he only chose the hunter's path to differ from and infuriate his Ambassadorial family lineage. Banshee became truly his first foray into real trouble XD

For Tencents, he's a themed hunter, he's based on the other fandom I treasured growing up and I still do (to a visual point of clear insanity XD).
The original character was standalone until Sunshine came along, so my first thought was a Dragonhawk (as prior ones for Laz and Kas were named Sunshine), but later I realised I preferred the feline form - Image - I want him to stick with Sunshine until at least Outlands...I haven't gone far enough to decide the other characters tied to them, other than their 'Captain' - the new Celestial Steed mount.

Shadowfyris's reincarnate has been very difficult to bond with just one particular pet. I haven't quite yet found "her pet" yet, but her Prairie wolf is sorta growing with that. I'm really unsure what direction to take with my lil' Tauren chicka.

Cleyandra's been completely thrown for a loop - Moriarty was her first pet - Image
And after what happened, yeah...it's been a bit of a whirlwind trying to find something she'll trust on sight - even Banaded's having trouble right now.

Veejay's pet is defintely Barkley - Image
Hands down her favourite pet and the one's who's her mia familgia. They've just clicked from the moment they met.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Ahhh my little Snort. I can't say exactly what it was specifically as it was probably any number of reasons. But one was that in real life, since I was a little girl there was alway two pets I've wanted. One a dragon. Two a hyena. In my opinion hyena's are the epitome of the "Never judge a book by it's cover" rule. Just by viewing them they appear to be a weak animal with a wobbly rear end and unintelligent gluttonous thieves. When in fact hyena are extremely smart, quick moving and have more powerful jaws then a lion. Plus the noises they make are just cool (IMHO).
So as soon as I was big enough to tame him I went for it. I had someone with me on my alliance toons though to survive any hostiles that may have come my way and to also heal me if needed. Snort has been with all three toons since they were level 13 or 14.

Next would be my Tallstriders. Not sure why but I love those big birds and are bonded with them to. These too have grown with me since the beginning.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Hyenas are indeed cute. Its interesting to see what pet clicked with who and why :)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Firefrost
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Firefrost »

I'm not really a clicky person, only getting a pet for it's looks really, but I clicked with my Strider Clutchmother Azure today, she's just so great.
U jelly?
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Thats good! Its always nice to click and bond with your pet even if it is just a pixel hehe :)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Saydeflower
Realm: Uther, Emerald Dream

Unread post by Saydeflower »

:) Btw why the name RoseMadder if I may ask?
RoseMadder is a color and the name of a Stephen King book...it seemed to indicate something both feminine yet dangerous, and is (sorta) the color that my scorpion is.

http://www.dickblick.com/items/01723-3500/

Quite honestly I'm not sure why that name came to me but that's part of what clicked! :)
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Oh awesome! I didnt know that haha

Foxy and Wiley! <3