Sectumsempra's Rares...Always on the hunt...

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Sectumsempra

Sectumsempra's Rares...Always on the hunt...

Unread post by Sectumsempra »

Hey everyone! I just wanted to ask for some tips on the mysterious camel figurine. Sounds like it's pretty tough to find but on a few threads here, it sounded like a couple of you had found several of them...I've not found any yet! My scanner detected one the other day, but I couldn't find it--which probably meant that someone else found it first. So, even though they got it first it made me feel better. At least I kinda saw one!

If you have any tips or suggestions, please let me know! I've not found too much good advice through google searches or on the many wow websites!

Thanks in advance!! ;o)
Last edited by Sectumsempra on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Mysterious Camel Figurine(s)?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hiya! If you haven't seen this site already, I'd recommend taking a look at this page:
http://notsorare.com/pgs/greycamel.html

It has some good info. The creator is the same who's written tips and tricks for finding many rare mounts, such as TLPD or PSD. Hope it helps!
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'remar

Unread post by kurasiaa »

Heya! I've found around 12 of the fake figurines now, but you can no longer target them =(. If you use 'Ctrl + V, you can turn on friendly name plates and it makes finding the figurine so much easier! Plus if you know where their spawn points are that helps too =).
So next time your NPCscan detects one just hit Ctrl and V and fly over the spawn points until you see the green health bar, good luck! =D
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

the thing is. When ur npcscan finds one. U have to look CAREFULLY around the place it went off. its really small. So its quite hard to spot!

Signature Made By Senenith

Sectumsempra

Thanks every body! And the ctrl V idea is brilliant!!! I knew you'd have great advice for me!

Ugh. I just killed Vyragosa again, lol! That poor drake ;o)
Sectumsempra

So, another question...is it called a grey camel or?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

The object itself is called Mysterious Camel Figurine. The real figurine will send you to the Steam Pools (phased thankfully, so no ninja'ing :D) where you will fight an elite named Dormus the Camel Hoarder. Defeat him and you'll receive Reins of the Grey Riding Camel :)
Here's a screeny of the figurine:
This particular one was found at 51,79 in Neferset. There is no difference visually between a real and fake figurine.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hehe yeah, the suffering Vyragosa goes through, I've completely lost count of how many times I've killed how now :lol: .

The figurine itself is called Mysterious Camel Figurine, that name will be what you see on NPCscan too. There are 2 different ID's on the NPCscan list, if i remember right; the one ending in 10 is the fake, and the one ending in 09 will be the real one. All the ones I have found so far have ended in 10 so it must be right :P .

EDIT: Looks like Varethyn beat me to it :P .
Sectumsempra

Nice! Thanks for the info!

So, I'm wondering--if you can no longer target it, that means (I'm a hunter) I wont be able to see the green dot from it on the mini map? Gripes!!!
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Sadly you wont be able to see the dot either =(, Although if you get the Tom Tom addon, theres actually macros that mark all the spawn points on your map, it helps to learn where to look for the figurines when NPCscan finds one. I'll see if I can find the macros.
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Here you go ^_^ rather big, but you can just copy and paste them. ( You don't have to do this but it helps a little.) I don't use the addon anymore, because after doing several laps of Uldum following the dots on the map, I've learnt where to look for them.

MACRO 1

/way 25.4 51.2
/way 32.6 47.8
/way 32.0 45.0
/way 40.0 44.8
/way 40.0 43.2
/way 40.0 38.6
/way 33.2 28.2
/way 33.8 25.4
/way 29.8 25.0
/way 29.8 20.6
/way 34.4 21.4
/way 34.2 19.6
/way 45.2 15.8
/way 52.4 28.0
/way 50.6 31.6

MACRO 2

/way 37.0 64.0
/way 33.0 59.8
/way 33.2 63.0
/way 33.2 68.0
/way 33.0 71.8
/way 31.6 69.2
/way 30.8 67.6
/way 30.8 66.4
/way 30.4 62.4
/way 30.6 60.6
/way 28.6 63.6
/way 26.2 64.8
/way 25.6 65.8
/way 22.2 64.0
/way 24.6 60.0

MACRO 3

/way 73.4 73.8
/way 51.0 79.6
/way 47.2 76.8
/way 49.0 75.8
/way 50.2 73.4
/way 50.6 72.2
/way 51.8 70.6
/way 52.0 51.0
/way 51.8 49.6
/way 50.6 50.6
/way 48.0 46.6
/way 46.2 44.8
/way 40.8 49.6
/way 38.6 54.8
/way 38.2 60.4

MACRO 4

/way 64.8 30.2
/way 72.0 44.0
/way 69.8 57.8
Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade

Unread post by Roxhunt »

I have found 3 of them and honestly, haven't been looking for another one. On all three of mine, I turned on the NPC names of friendly targets so I can 'see' the name, which makes them easier to spot. I also have Silverdragon loaded. So, NPC scan goes off and Silverdragon goes off. Silverdragon will say 'Rumble figurine" or something like that for the fake ones. It will give the correct name if it is a real one. The only reason I haven't removed the 'fake' one from NPC scan is because you need to destory them to start the spawn timer for a hopefully a real one!
RHMakonea
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (H/A)

Unread post by RHMakonea »

It took me about 20+ figurines before I finally got the mount, NPC scan is a huge help just make sure you pass by every nook and cranny because usually the places I didn't think they did or would spawn would have them. I usually hunted late (would usually find them around similar time). You can't target it anymore what I did was drop as soon as npc scan went off and search in Corners of stuff they like to be next to something (in the corner of a building or ruin or near a rock or hill). They're easy to find if you look in corners or inside carts and items. I wish you the best of luck never give up and even if it is dust it means it will reset. I wish you the best of luck also when you do face Dormus he's very easy just do not step in the spit of the camels (it's the only thing that risks killing you.)

Here is an example of a figurine, they are extremely small:

Here is the mount:

Signature by the Wonderful Britany

My DeviantArt

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

i found one this morning! but was a Dud! :D But npcscan scared me to hell. xD Loove it haha! get such a Adrealine rush!

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

I found one today, it teleported me to the steam pools but when I dropped from the sky the water didn't load so I died and lost the debuff. When I grabbed my body I was no longer phased with the boss. I put in a ticket but I do not have high hopes they will do anything.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Ohh that's terrible! They should assure things like that can't happen, I really hope Blizzard do something! Surely they'll be able to see your combat logs , fall damage and the loss of the debuff. It would be good if they could grant you another chance to get into the phase, be sure to let us know what they respond. =)
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

omg! i hope that is some kind of a bug!! :S

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

They responded with a canned answer about "attempting to recreate the bug to fix it in future". I found reports of other players having the same thing happen with the same "sorry about your luck" responses. Because I never actually fought the boss I cannot be awarded the mount and I cannot be re-phased back in. One of the other players this happened to had 3 straight months of farming with over 70 dust figurines and was told the same thing. He escalated it several times and posted all over the forums, but in the end got nowhere. The blue that finally responded to him basically tried to make him feel bad for demanding a resolution where his months of farming was not in vain. Given that this happened to him nearly a year ago and keeps happening to others since my best advise is to make sure you have some sort of slowfall with you so you don't get screwed too.

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Also whoever thought it would be cool to drop players so high they can die from fall damage if some thing doesn't load properly is a crappy designer who doesn't test their work enough. They should change it so you don't zone in so high up. It was high enough to kill me, but not so that I had enough time to hit my parachute without being prepared to do so in advance. So be ready with your slowfall and spam it as soon as you load into the zone, hopefully I can save someone else from losing out.

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

That is pretty assanine. :|
ImageImage