In search of a new UI

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

In search of a new UI

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well apparently SpartanUI is buggie. It's not proccing Focus Fire at 15 seconds like it should (it rarely procs at all sometimes. It was my raid leader that also plays BM like I do that noticed something off about my DPS. It wasn't bad but it wasn't on par and we were the same ilvl) so I'm in search of a new, nice looking UI that had some stuff SpartanUI had.

I ask you lovelies if you have anything worth suggesting. :D

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Re: In search of a new UI

Unread post by meepitco »

Two good UIs that I've used are TukUI, and Shestak. They come with maps, action bars (3 at bottom, and 2 at right side on shestak, 2 on bottom, 3 on side for TukUI), quest defaults, you can change hotkeys...lotsa stuff. Though for TukUI and Shestak, you need to download a portrait display addon, like Pitbull UI. I use Pitbull, but you can use others, too. You can use Sexymap with these, too. One thing to note with Shestak is that the letters are smaller. Here's a picture of TukUI
Also, Elvui is another good UI. It's clean, and I believe from the creators of TukUI.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hmmm...Not bad. I looked at ElvUI.

I've also looked at these too:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/nui_art_flamingheart
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/guis-gui

LisaaraPokefarm

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The second one is actually really nice looking. I might check that out for myself....

Tumblr is here.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ooh. I found a really nice looking one if you wanna check this out too:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/telnetsui

LisaaraPokefarm

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

You know.. those all have nice looks and all.. but take up a lot of screen.. There are some nice action bar bundles out there that are just bars that you can size and move where you want..
I use... Dominos..
Much less onscreen clutter so my laptop has a larger viewing area.. Just thought I'd throw that out there

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I just use Bartender4, and I must say I like it much more then any of the premade sets. I can mix and match addons that I like and still arrange my bars the way I want them to be. I have two areas for talk, one for guild/party/raid on the left and the other for town channeles, information, loot etc on the right. Its hard to see in the screenshot but I have two rows of action bars along the right side, hidden until mouseover, of all my fave mounts and companions that I might feel like using randomly....

Its not perfect, but I hardly ever have problems with it interfering with the game,can arrange it to suit my needs be it on my hunters or my priest, and can get rid of useless clutter. I've never been a fan of the UI that put things at the center of the screen. I much prefer having it pushed out to the sides so I can actually see whats going on in the game.
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

I'll suggest GarUI, designed by the hunter from huntsmanslodge.com. I did some tweaking to it, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it. It comes right out of the box too, thanks to reflux. Works mainly for 1920x1200px though.

http://huntsmanslodge.com/12033/ui-is-available/

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Here's a pic of gUI:
I had to test it out for myself. I still gotta put down keybinds though xD

Tumblr is here.

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Jessibelle wrote:Well apparently SpartanUI is buggie. It's not proccing Focus Fire at 15 seconds like it should (it rarely procs at all sometimes. It was my raid leader that also plays BM like I do that noticed something off about my DPS. It wasn't bad but it wasn't on par and we were the same ilvl) so I'm in search of a new, nice looking UI that had some stuff SpartanUI had.

Just how much was your dps off by ?..I'm still not sure how a UI of all things could possible effect procs of any kind. It's just a display thing that holds your stuff..
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

i've been using Dominos for a few years now, very reliable.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Well apparently SpartanUI is buggie. It's not proccing Focus Fire at 15 seconds like it should (it rarely procs at all sometimes. It was my raid leader that also plays BM like I do that noticed something off about my DPS. It wasn't bad but it wasn't on par and we were the same ilvl) so I'm in search of a new, nice looking UI that had some stuff SpartanUI had.

Just how much was your dps off by ?..I'm still not sure how a UI of all things could possible effect procs of any kind. It's just a display thing that holds your stuff..
SpartanUI hasnt been updated since Wrath and theres only been one fan update for 4.0.1. Hasnt been updated since.

I was top dps in the dungeon (level 85 draenei hunter in mostly greens and blues, have 2 or 3 epics). I was pulling about 8.5k dps. MY raid leader says at ilvl 340, I could be pulling 12k+.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

meepitco wrote:Here's a pic of gUI:
I had to test it out for myself. I still gotta put down keybinds though xD
I'm REALLY digging this one. I'm testing it myself as well and its very customizable.

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

Jessibelle wrote:I was top dps in the dungeon (level 85 draenei hunter in mostly greens and blues, have 2 or 3 epics). I was pulling about 8.5k dps. MY raid leader says at ilvl 340, I could be pulling 12k+.
Your procs are server side though, I'm using spartan UI and I had focus fire going off when it should. Go run a dungeon with just the default UI and see what happens, or start turning off Add-ons. I talked to a few people and nobody has ever heard of a UI interfering with procs at all. Maybe your pet is bugged ? Focus fire is depended on your pet is it not ?

EDIT: I asked another friend and she mentioned the following "it could cause them to not show that they proc'd though."
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Focus Fire has nothin to do with the pet. I think you're confusing it with Kill Command. >>;

and other have told me they've also had the same problems with SpartanUI. I already did those tests. It showed SpartanUI was causing the issue.

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

Jessibelle wrote:Focus Fire has nothin to do with the pet. I think you're confusing it with Kill Command. >>;

and other have told me they've also had the same problems with SpartanUI. I already did those tests. It showed SpartanUI was causing the issue.

Well I have the same ui and I don't have any problems with it so I dunno. Focus fire is dependance on the pets frenzy effect and it stacking. So without the pet you cannot proc focus fire, according to the tooltips. Dismiss your pet and I bet you Focus fire will not go off at all, unless the pet is out and attacking the target. However you might on to something with the UI, I just can't see how it would effect something like that.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2151761348

Dr. Who Video!

Jadein92
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore, Thrall

Unread post by Jadein92 »

I use a combination of Bison(buff bars), KGpannels, Masque(gets rid of giant spell explanations when you mouse over them on your bars), Sexymap, Shadowed Unit Frames, and Bartender4.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_010912_212248.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010912_212248.jpg (160.34 KiB) Viewed 3151 times

Art by FlailingKitty on Flight Rising

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

That looks pretty neat Jade. I'll be keeping it in mind.

LisaaraPokefarm

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Jessibelle wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:

SpartanUI hasnt been updated since Wrath and theres only been one fan update for 4.0.1. Hasnt been updated since.

I was top dps in the dungeon (level 85 draenei hunter in mostly greens and blues, have 2 or 3 epics). I was pulling about 8.5k dps. MY raid leader says at ilvl 340, I could be pulling 12k+.
Jess one thing to watch out for with comparative DPS is what I call the "airsucking effect" - I don't have the math to explain it, but I've noticed that when the top DPS is more than a little above the rest (though it doesn't take a huge margin either), everyone else's DPS can get shoved down by as much as 20% or so. E.g. doing the exact same thing in the exact same dungeon the first 4 times, you pull (let's say) 10k DPS... but on the 5th time through, a new guy comes in doing 12k DPS - and suddenly you're struggling to make 8-9k. Until the new guys leaves... and then your DPS bobs back up to where you're used to seeing it.

Ofc as you say there could be other causes, just tossing that one out there.

As for UI I use a combination of Bartender4, KG Panels and Stuf Unit Frames - no flashy artwork, but it's nice, clean and functional, and does what I want.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_121711_131751_reduced.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121711_131751_reduced.jpg (290.25 KiB) Viewed 3151 times
AdamSavage

Worba wrote:Jess one thing to watch out for with comparative DPS is what I call the "airsucking effect" - I don't have the math to explain it, but I've noticed that when the top DPS is more than a little above the rest (though it doesn't take a huge margin either), everyone else's DPS can get shoved down by as much as 20% or so. E.g. doing the exact same thing in the exact same dungeon the first 4 times, you pull (let's say) 10k DPS... but on the 5th time through, a new guy comes in doing 12k DPS - and suddenly you're struggling to make 8-9k. Until the new guys leaves... and then your DPS bobs back up to where you're used to seeing it.

Ofc as you say there could be other causes, just tossing that one out there.

As for UI I use a combination of Bartender4, KG Panels and Stuf Unit Frames - no flashy artwork, but it's nice, clean and functional, and does what I want.

That's a UI I could work with if I ever needed to switch from spartan UI.

Dr. Who Video!