i head a rumor, true or false?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

i head a rumor, true or false?

Unread post by Ana »

I was sitting in tradechat the othere day, and i know, trade chat isnt just reliable, but there were a conversation about MoP which accually caougth my interest.

Some ppl claimed, that when MoP were launched, it would be possible to share achivements (not FoTS) with your alts. For me this would be perfect, since i ever only bothered doing them on one charecter anyway ;) , but i can also understand those who would be against such implementations.

I was just curios if the rumor held any tracxe of truth in it?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nahale
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: i head a rumor, true or false?

Unread post by Nahale »

This tugged at my memory as being from the last (2011) Blizzcon - a bit of google, and I dug it up:
Account Wide Achievements
Achievements will now become available at the Battle.net account level. Many achievements will be shared among characters, including those for raiding and maxing out professions.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

If they still going to implement this i am going to be so happy.

it would re rolling a different main so much less painfull if needed
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: thanks alot for cheking it for me, im will be so happy happy happy if this become true :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Now if only would could talk them into having mounts be account wide instead of just per-character... =P
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

if theres one thing I wish was account wide, it would be rep...especially BC rep.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Mychelle wrote:Now if only would could talk them into having mounts be account wide instead of just per-character... =P

They mentioned that they wanted to do that, but they also wanted to test it with the mini pets first.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

how will the achivement thingie work though? ive read the intiry blog post... will my druid be able to have the skeletal horsie which my hunter has? - and will i be able to give my other charetecters world events like xmas and brewfest achivement which my druid has... uhh i hope soo.. :D

and the profession one too is looking promising. I cannot wait to see what they implement,

Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

Hoping this will be in Mists at launch but no news yet for sure. Waiting to see what falls out of the tree in beta. Supposed to be stuff that would not give you an edge against other players but would make it easier to roll alts as you would not need to do things over and over. Hoping this includes stuff like "What a Long Strange Trip" for sure as I don't want to have to do all that mess on every one of my characters.

As for mounts, they indeed are testing it with the "pet battle" system which includes mini-pets being account-wide and also mostly able to be traded. At blizzcon in one of the panels, it was said that if the pet stuff went over well then mounts would be next on the list. Although I would not hold my breath. And of course, for arguments' sake, I wouldn't expect something like a gryphon to be copied over to your horde toons or a wyvern to your allies. And it would be account wide so all your toons would have the same mounts and mini-pets. (when both get in)

Just keep your fingers crossed and watch the forums/etc when beta actually starts.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

cant wait for beta :)

Prospector
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by Prospector »

Would love to see this in Mist of Pandaria.
Combined with my 3 accounts i have like 170 different companions and 150 mounts.
And not even to talk about the Achievement points yet.
Would be great to get them all on my hunter.
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

Yes! if this where to happen, hen all i would need to do, is go out achiment mount hunting on one toon per sever I'm on, then share them. I'D BE EPIC!

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

would it be faction based, or would my hordie FINALLY be able to send mail to my allience toons and vica versa?

Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

this certainly makes the "Link the achievement to go on our raid" situation easier.. my spriest has a 10 man she goes with regularly, but Galaxy doesn't. Which, she can't get in on the random 10 man runs b/c she hasn't downed Deathwing herself...which... is silly....

^.^ companions going acct wide ftw, though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

Oooo so if they do this with mounts will it be ones already learned or will it only be a trade access for unlearned mounts to be transferred over?

If the second one is the case, great! I can farm that Lovely Pink rocket on my alts plus all the other holiday mounts!
If the it's the first then awesome! I can have my Amani Dragonhawk on all my alts in that account! Would make redeeming that valued loot card well more worthwhile.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

perhaps all of your toons could share rep per realm that would be way better then sharing rep achievments

so lets say your first toon is exalted with org so all ur toons can ride wolves and so on but lets say one toon has rep with hydraxian waterlords at revered and another toon is also revered when mop hit they would share their rep and hit exalted and you would get the achiev for every toon on that realm also i know this is off topic but i dont want to waste an entire thread so i am wondering since it isnt quite clear with dual spec in mop do u get two sets of talents one per spec? or is it one set of talents for both specs?
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory