SWTOR .............

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: SWTOR .............

Unread post by Royi »

Help request:

Getting.... um..... Burnt out perhaps?

I've been looking forward to this game I would say "hardcore" since December 2010. I even finished building my new computer to be able to run this game smoothly (ultra settings without any hiccups :)) But I'm finding myself more and more yearning to play Warcraft on this WOTLK private server, and a few times coming PRETTY close to renewing with Retail (its what private server people call it) WOW. Closest I came was I started entering my CC information to renew for a month. The RealID raid finder thats coming out seems pretty cool and I did want to try the newer 5 mans (i quit before the deathwing patch came out).

In SWTOR i'm loving the gameplay, loving the quests, but I just don't have a "drive" to level as I would many times over when leveling a new character in WOW. I'm only level 33 right now, ironically slowly taking my time and pace so I wouldn't get burned out on the game right away, but ugh...

For the first few weeks I didn't look back, but this past week this Warcraft demon in the form of a lackadaisical Private WOW server has got me

Any of you other SWTOR folks feel similar?

I guess one thing after thinking about it for a couple minutes, I haven't tried out any other characters yet. Still just playing the Sith Warrior. Maybe creating a Bounty Hunter would renew the drive again
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Royi wrote:Help request:

Getting.... um..... Burnt out perhaps?

I've been looking forward to this game I would say "hardcore" since December 2010. I even finished building my new computer to be able to run this game smoothly (ultra settings without any hiccups :)) But I'm finding myself more and more yearning to play Warcraft on this WOTLK private server, and a few times coming PRETTY close to renewing with Retail (its what private server people call it) WOW. Closest I came was I started entering my CC information to renew for a month. The RealID raid finder thats coming out seems pretty cool and I did want to try the newer 5 mans (i quit before the deathwing patch came out).

In SWTOR i'm loving the gameplay, loving the quests, but I just don't have a "drive" to level as I would many times over when leveling a new character in WOW. I'm only level 33 right now, ironically slowly taking my time and pace so I wouldn't get burned out on the game right away, but ugh...

For the first few weeks I didn't look back, but this past week this Warcraft demon in the form of a lackadaisical Private WOW server has got me

Any of you other SWTOR folks feel similar?

I guess one thing after thinking about it for a couple minutes, I haven't tried out any other characters yet. Still just playing the Sith Warrior. Maybe creating a Bounty Hunter would renew the drive again

Tbh with you.. No I havent. There was a patch released just today and playing alts does help! Dont focus solely on one toon but rather two or three. You cant forget that this isnt like WoW where every character is the same doing the same thing NO MATTER WHAT these characters all have their individual story classlines where they're all striving to accomplish something. Thats what I focus on, what am I doing? Why am I doing it? Take your time and it'll be easier, thats how it is for me at least. I have a 31 sith sorcerer, 20 sith juggernaut(new main), 18 sniper, 11 commando, and a few others strung around here and there. If you dont grind solely one thing its easier trust me.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Actually, they delayed the 1.1 patch.

And also, no, I do not feel that way Royi. Perhaps all you needed was a small break from WoW to realize how much you really loved WoW or something. For me, WoW was dragging and I just couldn't bear to log in and now SW:TOR is filling the gap that WoW had created for me.

Everyone's different and everyone will feel differently about the game. If you're dragging in SW:TOR, either try a different class, or allow yourself to go and enjoy WoW for a while. Don't try to cram down your WoW cravings just because, perhaps, SW:TOR didn't live up to its hype for you or something. There's certainly nothing wrong with either enjoying both games at the same time, or swapping back and forth between the two as the urge arises.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:If you're dragging in SW:TOR, either try a different class, or allow yourself to go and enjoy WoW for a while. Don't try to cram down your WoW cravings just because, perhaps, SW:TOR didn't live up to its hype for you or something. There's certainly nothing wrong with either enjoying both games at the same time, or swapping back and forth between the two as the urge arises.
Thats what i'm going to do :) I'm going to try out Republic for a bit. I'm pretty excited about leveling a Jedi Guardian character. I really would just like a 3 day pass for WOW, because I know if I would go back I would be tired and bored after about.... 3days. It would be fun to do the new things for a couple days, but then it would be the same old' same old'. I'll try and get into a bigger guild Republic side too, see how that works out.

The private server WOW works as a pretty good nicotine-wow-patch for me in the meantime. Wow is cigarettes, free-wow is a nicotine patch, and SWTOR is really good legal marijuana.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

well i got tired of the Jedi Knight moderately quickly. I'll use him as a bore-breaker if i get too tired with my main warrior.

On the brightside I found out that you can have friends come with you in your starship. I had a friend join me with a few quests and we thought "might as well try" to see if he could come and travel to the next planet in my ship. So theres an option to view how other ships are designed too!

Yay internets! I'm going to start playing a bounty hunter, the companions for them I think are the best out of all 8 classes.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

<3 my BH companions. Torian's a sweetheart, Blizz is just epic and adorable (and the first companion to make me feel like an asshole for letting him get low on health), Skadge is just awesome; I love the way he insults the people he goes to attack, and Gault combines awesomeness with epic DPS (at least compared to me since I'm heal spec).

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Its really sad that I *WANT* to like SWTOR...because everyone does say how awesome it is, and the questing experience ect. That'd be a dream come true...if it wasnt "Starwars". Meh.

I even turned down the chance to play the Beta. >.>
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thing is, this game is set like 3000 years before the movies so it doesn't really feel like "Star Wars," at least, I don't think so. But I also don't expect everyone to like this game; different strokes for different folks and all that.

[/center]
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I love Bh companions (Torian amg sexxxxxxyyyy <.<) and Sith Warriors, I think THEY both have the best companions! Course.. Those are going to be my two main classes soooooo :lol: Oh but I love republic troopers first companion Aric he looks like a brown panthero to me I <3 him.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I've liked the majority of my Empire characters' companions so far...except for 2V-R8. That f'er can go to hell and back--HE DOES NOT NEED TO SPEAK EVERY TIME I WALK IN FRONT OF HIM!
/rage off

Also, Torian's piddly combat skills and overall squishiness tend to keep me from using him, even though I kept his gear almost as good as mine. Basically only used him to max his affection for a relationship. Been finding more and more use for Skadge as my preferred tanking companion for Belsavis and Voss.

[/center]
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm seriously thinking about making a Sith to level on the side, when I'm not playing with my husband. For some reason, I find the Rattakai (did I spell that right?) very neat. I was thinking of trying an Inquisitor, but I'm also hearing so many good things about BHs, so maybe I'll try that instead. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I like the Rattataki. :) I made a Rattataki Imperial Agent. Inquisitors are a lot of fun; I enjoy my healing sorc almost as much as my BH. And for all the talk I spread about my BH, I tend to play my alts more. :P BH's are just nice because you get your kickass AoE ability at a very low level which makes clearing spawns a breeze, whereas both my assassin and sorc are still waiting to get their AoEs. My Sith Juggernaut is also one of my favorite alts; much <3 for Vy'ala and being a prissy little Pureblood. :lol:

[/center]
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I have a dilemma ><
I have a sith sorcerer .. female twi lek and I'm kinda wanting to make another inquisitor to go with the other choice but I can't decide what race >< I am thinking about making a male and at first I was leaning towards sith but then I made a human for the heck of it .. and now I'm really liking how the human came out but I *Still* want to make a sith ...

Halp!

Edit :are any of you having problems talking to your companions? I keep getting the icon on Aric but when I get to the hangar, nothing.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yeah, that happens to me, too. T7-01 will say he wants to talk to me on my ship, but when I go there, he doesn't want to talk. >.> It might be a bug they're working on, I hope.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Easiest way to tell if your companion legitimately needs to talk to you when the icon pops up is to right click on them; they'll give you some equivalent of "I'd like to speak with you when we have a chance."

[/center]
Nefretiti

I hope they fix it soon, its kinda annoying when you run all the way back and then they have nothing to say.

at this rate I'll end up with 3 inquisitors ><

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Like I said, just right click them, if they say they want to talk, then they legitimately do, if they say one of their other, usual lines, then it's just the bug in effect and all of us experiencing it should report it. :) Also, even if they say they want to talk on the ship, a lot of them will pop up their quest in a cantina as well.

Also, nothing wrong with three inquisitors; perhaps it'll take three before you decide which one or two you like the best, or maybe inquisitors are just your thing. :) Also, Sith Warriors are another alternative for playing a pureblood, human, or zabrak if you want to experience the race and not just the class. I love my juggernaut DPS warrior.

[/center]
Nefretiti

I have a pureblood sith warrior hehe, I love him which is one reason I wanted a pureblood inquisitor.
Tak is a walkin cliche hehe, he does everything he can to please his little twi'lek companion .. she basically has the big lumbering lug wrapped around her finger.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That would make him kind of an oddball in the pureblood community, which is good. :D
I'm playing Vy'ala much like a typical pureblood, but she took Vette's slave collar because she sees no use for such tools to keep her slaves in line. I was having oodles of fun last night making Quinn squirm around by flirting with him as he was trying to give me my assignment. xD

Also, if you really want to make a third inquisitor, I say go for it. :) There's no reason not to make multiple race/class combos if you have the room until you find one or two you really click with, and as a bonus, each inquisitor AC offers a totally different playstyle.

[/center]
Nefretiti

hehe that was the idea, I'm considering a female pureblood warrior instead of a third inquisitor, she could be Tak's sister and somewhat annoyed at him wooing a slave hehe , I really like the purebloods hehe even their flirting is slightly condecending. :lol: