Sylvi’s journal: what has 4 legs, eats brains & drops in icc

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Sylvi’s journal: what has 4 legs, eats brains & drops in icc

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

So I have always loved the idea of a mount/accomplishment journal but never quite got around to it and by the time I decided I wanted to start one I had already collected well… pretty much everything I can collect with only a burning crusade account, (lvl 70 for the win?) But I just got my new comp and hit 85 so I have 2 xpacks worth of new stuff to go get!

Latest catch: ZOMBIE HORSE!
Latest achievement: soo title
Latest screenies

Mounts collected: 2016 ? :|

“Rare”mounts: rivendare’s deathcharger. (first ever rare!) Armored Razzashi Raptor, white hawkstrider, albino drake, black war bear, dark war/riding talkbuk, mech hog, ravenlord, red qriaij tank, Fiery warhorse, Poseidus, Mottled drake, blue proto, twilight drake, Vitreous Stone Drake, time lost proto, drake of the north wind, grey camel, ony drake, Alani, spectral tiger (epic)...
For the full list visit me here! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ted&page=1

Mounts I am currently working towards:

other firehawk(s?)
kills: 4
:mounts 0

bloody coins mount/title/pet
coins needed: 2k
coins gained: 340

Soo wolf
Ilvl needed: 550+
ilvl obtained 555

world bosses
gal kills: 26
sha kills: 47
Oon kills: 17
Nal kills: 16
mounts: 0

Other items I am hunting:glory achives! bloody coin achivs! things!

Screenies of past glories: Mounts
obtained at lvl 70

P.S sorry for any typos or words spelt backwards… I’m a bit dyslexic and tend to read things backwards or add letters that aren’t there so even though I’m always proof reading I don’t always spot all of my mistakes >.<
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:28 am, edited 180 times in total.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Sylvi’s mount and achievement journal (Image heavy )

EDIT This page is now for all of my past screenies. =)

Screenies of past glories: non mount achivments

about 30 kills and three years after hitting lvl 70...

got bloodsail ^.^

my dragon puppies Shiftdormu and Google.

I "helped" kill the whale shark at 70 :>

found my rare dress :)
Gnome hats for everyone!
Wow has driven me INSANE!
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:18 am, edited 7 times in total.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Sylvi’s mount and achievement journal (Image heavy )

Well once again the huntsmen wouldn’t give up his horse. However once I was done I got the feeling to go check with my shammy stationed in moonglade and look what was waiting for me when I logged in…

My formal dangui! Only took about four months =) also heres a pick of my new purple bird ^.^
ImageImage

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Sylvi’s mount/achievement journal: Spectral Tiger!

So today I get on a bit late after watching a document and although I was planning on doing lunar festival stuff first I had this nagging feeling that I NEEDED to get to kara- like right NOW.
Mount farming tends to make me a bit superstitious and in the past whenever I had that feeling it paid off to listen to it. (Deathcharger, Hawk strider, Raven lord, legendary bow and various rares were all obtained because I just got the feeling I needed to go back and try right then and there.) So I ask around until I get a guildie to help me make a raid group before he logs off.
I get to kara and expect a smooth run seeing how I had gotten the hang of soloing it and usually only die once on trash.
Things didn’t go so well. I die three times on trash due to a lot of noobish mistakes I should never have made. When I get to the boss everything falls apart after the huntsmen despawns when I hit FD. (if he despawns and you still try to kill the horse Midnight will vanish and not respawn so you have to reset everything.) I panic and die. I get back and wait for hero to come off cooldown and try again and he bugs AGAIN. I avoid death this time but now I have to pull again without hero because if I wait much longer trash will start respawning on top of me. Just before I pull I think about how ironic it would be if the mount dropped since the past two times I had a horrible mount run I had been rewarded with a mount at the end. When I finally kill them, (and survive by the skin of my teeth.) I go to loot and lo and behold….

Shes is sleeping…really…..

Nah I’m just kidding here she is! (exscuse the emty white spaces, MSN paint tends to screw things up for me like that whenever im not looking.)

I have named her Nightwish since my playlist randomly chose a song from that band every single time I would go in to farm her. Eerie right? Her nick name is Glue though since my friend who no longer plays liked to fondly refer to the horse as such. xD
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Tue May 06, 2014 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Sylvi’s mount/achievement journal EDIT fiery war horse!

Unread post by Snowy »

Omg! You're only level 70 and yet you have all these amazing mounts?! And it really sucks that Ashes of Al'ar was ninja'd from you... Damn selfish people. :/

I'll be totally keeping an eye on your thread here. Being level 70 and having those mounts is just so impressive!

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

Looks like Ashes of Al'ar is the most sought after mount in the game. It's the only one I've heard countless stories about being ninjad. It's awful. :( Though to be honest, I have no idea why Blizzard put a 'need' option available for mounts... taking that away would surely stop a lot of vile people stealing things. If they're not ML, that is... :/

I love this thread, I'll be checking in here a lot too!

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

congratz!!

Signature Made By Senenith

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Ata - To be honest, I find people who 'greed' on mounts to be rather silly. Everyone by now should know there will *always* be someone who takes advantage of this and, instead of being nice and giving everyone else a chance as well, 'needs' on the mount instead. As long as everyone remembers to press 'need', all's good really. Master looting is where ninja'ing is really a problem though. I've never actually seen an item being ninja'd at all but I've heard plenty of horrible stories about it before. I refuse to join a mount raid run if the loot is set to ML. It needs to be on group loot the whole time so I can know for sure that everything is fair and square. Besides, ninja'ing an item, especially a mount, is a nice and quick way to get straight on to your realm's hated people list.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Phew been so busy I haven’t checked the thread in a bit x.X And thank you Chaoyll. ^.^ This toon is four years old so I have had a lot of time to collect these mounts. ;) I get a new computer in a few months though so this toon will probably start leveling since I have never had an 85 before. ;)

The mount was ninja’d by the master looter sadly. =/ I knew him fairly well and he had always been a good raid leader with strict and very fair rules. Everyone trusted him and no one expected that of him so it was really sad to see. His reputation as a raid leader went down the drain over night, he got kicked from his guild and he eventually xferd servers. Even worse he was another 70 and didn’t have epic flying but carried it around in his bags just to link it. -.-
I think it would be a good idea if the “greed” button on mount was grayed out and the only option was “need.” It would help with ninja problems and/or people who aren’t sure what to do, so they do the honest thing of rolling greed when the rest of the group hits need.

EDIT

Late last night I finally got my love bird. (I kind of neglected to do any farming this week and now I have to scramble to get everything done before the event ends.) I don’t like the color pink and im not a fan of the tall strider to be honest.. but this morning when I used my new mount I was reminded of peach fuzz and now I kinda like him xD
Image I dub him peach fuzz =D Also big thanks to my friend Cory for the exstra charms.

ALSO…..

It worked….
It actually worked!
They said I was MAD but it worked!
Now they know, now they all know… I’m not mad….
I’m simply…INSANE!

Also I decided to kill some time by looking for Poseidus. I figured out that if I use a water walking pot and run towards vashj’ir from just the right spot I wont drowned. After that I can safely swim about on my sea turtle as I look for him on my map =) I have solod lots of 80-85 mobs before and have various pots on hand so it will be an interesting hunt. xD wish me luck!
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Sylvi’s journal EDIT: The hunt for Poseidus begins

(wall of text inc)

My first week of seahorse hunting has come to a close on a satisfying note. Although Poseidus has remained elusive it was a nice week.
This is my first rare mount camp and I am loving it. Early on in the hunt I discovered the flight path and was overjoyed that it actually let me use it since I was running low on water walking pots. (I can usually only use flight paths within the zone they were found in they never take me outside the zone- possibly because I have a bc account.)
In a week filled with forgetting to come up for breath, killing hammer heads and stealing their eel loot, (mwahah) flying into whale sharks and things that looked like whale sharks… I was jumping over every red dot on the map. Then for the first time in a year and a half a cranked up my view distance so I would stop getting lost >.< if I put it too high it usually gives me problems but I figured what the heck let’s give it a try and wow! This place is just so beautiful! I keep swimming down and just watching all the lil fish schools swim by the ruins and stuff.
So now that I can actually see everything I am having a pretty good time just enjoying the view and hanging out in the alliance caves I found. The swim path between spawn points Is awesome I don’t think I have enjoyed a flight path or “swim path” this much since my first toon was lvl 10 xD After so long at 70 I have gotten to the point where I know outlands like the back of my own hand and I can kill anything I set my sights on so it’s a breath of fresh air to be out in a new unknown place and having to watch my step again.
Also about an hour ago as I was finishing up for the night I decided to check for Burgy blackheart and sure enough he had spawned. I let the guild know but the only one who was interested was a friend who wanted it for his banker alt. He had helped my toon get the hat in the past so I figured what the heck- it will be good practice for the fight with poseidus. =P Was nice to put a smile on Someone’s face. ^.^

After the kill I felt like wearing my hat for a bit and bringing out my seahorse. Maby they will bring me good luck…?
P.S anyone know where i can get a nice Poseidus luck charm?

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

Just a couple of tips for the hunt:

If you can fly, you can just fly between his spawn spots, your scanner and macro will pick him up, height doesn't matter.
Poseidus spawns at the earliest 72 hours after a restart or reset, so you have 3 days after that before you have to start looking for him.

Good luck! :-)
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I've never camped Poseidus before so I can't give much advice I'm afraid, except for agreeing with what Sam said - Trying flying from spawn point to spawn point, it gets you around much faster and I'm positive that NPC Scan or Silver Dragon will still pick him up even from all the way up there. Also... Good luck! (:

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Sadly I cant use flying mounts outside of outlands. I think that one requires the Lk xpack. As far as NPC scan goes my parents hate me downloading anything onto this computer so I have never gotten any kind of add-ons but I think I will ask them if NPC scan is ok because I would love to have it. >.< Thanks for the good luck wishes and the tips though! :D
……………………………………………………

Rough farming day. Somehow this one guy who I can’t stand (and thus have on ignore) found out I am camping Poseidus. As soon as I left the zone to go do my valentine quests real quick he told a mutual friend that we have that he just killed Poseidus right after I left the zone and linked the mount. I was really angry with myself for leaving the zone and was not happy that he was rubbing it in my face through a friend who also believed him.
Lucky for me this guy is a bad liar. I checked his armory and there was no record of him obtaining the mount and no seahorse in his mount collection. The final nail in his coffin was when he claimed he killed him again two hours later on another toon. *sigh* really man? Cant you find a better way to entertain yourself other then spinning lies?
Anyways I swam back to Vashj’ir hoping to luck out. Took a short detour half way through my rounds to go empty out my mailbox and when I finish my round this is what I find.

I was probably only 3 minuts too slow >.< I’m not too upset about it though knowing that it was probably someone who deserved it and had been camping him for a while. Much easier to live with then knowing some jerk swam by just to try and take him away from you.
Oh well. On the bright side my amazing friend Darktomorrow has offered to check for Poseidus for me now and then whenever I cant be online which I think is really sweet. : )
Grats to whoever found him- back to the farming for me!

Oh yes I got my last love bird today and I got Dark’s alt a gnome hat since Blackheart spawned again ^.^

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

That's some terrible luck! I'm so sorry. ): I hope the next spawn is yours! At least you can allow yourself a break now anyway. (72 hours+ until the next spawn, right?)

At least you have some nice friends to help you as well! And just out of curiosity, how do you plan on killing him? His level is a skull to you, he might be hard to kill. Also, since you don't have WotLK for flying and Cataclysm for swimming in Vashj'ir without losing breath, how do you get around? Just go around on your turtle near the surface?

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thank you :) and yeah getting a break from camping is kind of nice. Got all my love birds now and was able to max out my jp and trade my lunar lanterns for some festival lanterns in my free time xD

As for killing him that’s all part of the challenge/adventure for me. I’m fairly sure I can do it since I have killed lots of 80-85s before. His spells will make things interesting and things seem to hit you with melee attacks from quite a ways away in the water so it will be tricky. I have been swimming around killing sea snakes, sharks and other mobs in the zone to practice and kind of get a feel for how to fight him in the water. I solod Blackheart without too much trouble and he is the same lvl and has the same amount of health as poseidus. I found the best thing to do is to just bring my turtle and have him do all the work with kill command while I stay as far away as possible and just spam heal my pet. I have also brought along some health pots, swim speed pots, invisibility pots, first aid stuff and spiced mammoth treats to keep me and my pet up and moving. I think if I can just get past the most dangerous part of simply tagging him without the threat overpowering anything my pet dose and he doesn’t charge me I should have no problem killing him.
As for getting around yeah,I just use my sea turtle mount. I can dive down and scan the bottom if i want and come back up in time without any problems and my friend was kind enough to give me some water breathing pots too so the only problem I actually have it just moving fast enough to tag things if it becomes a race.

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

nice! This camping journal looks interesting! :D I think its entertaining that u do this at lvl 70 :D

Gonna be awesome when u actually find him and manage killing him without drowning. If u do that. Then u will get a new mount farming fan! ;D ME! ^^ hihi gl hun!<3

Signature Made By Senenith

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well another week of camping has gone by with no luck. One of the other campers was kind enough to tell me when she killed him though. (5am- curse my need to sleep =P) So its back to the waiting game for me. A lot of guldies find it amusing that I’m staying in vashj’ir so much and I think I’m starting to develop a waiting list on those gnome hats xD I have also been keeping an eye out for ghost crawlers in hopes of seeing him in his natural habitat and hopefully finding him a nice home but he seems to be somewhat shy. Oh well I have plenty of time to meet him and the other rares out here.

3rd hat given away…

I can only hope that all these free hats I am giving out will build up some good karma or something and Poseidus will come say hello. ;)

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I'm still sending you loads of luck! And you're not the only person hoping that karma will help them out somehow - I've been handing out suggestions to people all over Storm Peaks and I helped a hunter camp for Skoll for a bit after he told me kindly about a Vyragosa spawn. Sometimes when I ask other campers if they can tell me if they see anything and I'll do the same in return, they ignore me though... Hrmph. Well if I get Time Lost while they're around, they better expect me not to tell them about it!

Also I think it's so cute that the Aspects mount folds its wings back underwater, hehe. I can't wait to get my own. ♥

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I know right? xD the mounts swimming animations are so cute. If I had the money I would get one even though I find some of the flying animation to be a bid odd :? Good luck on your TLPD camp too btw hope he spawns for you soon. : )

EDIT: Look who I found. I’m surprised I found him after only a day of checking. First time I have seen a wild spirt beast- smaller then I thought he would be and quite cute. My GM raced out here to tame him as soon as I told the guild he was up. Enjoy your new pet Andy.
I found him again the next evening, sent him off to a good home then helped the owner get TLPD then came back a day later and found Ghostcrawler again. Im having crazy luck with every rare but the one i need. xD*adds some more good karma to my lucky box*

EDIT again: (didnt feel like making a double post) Got my darkmoon dancing bear today. I Love her eyes and the mount special. I named her gypsy. :) the only non TCG/blizz store mounts left that i can get without an exspantion are the ashes and the camel. I should be getting my new comp in the first week or two of April- I cant wait!
here she is dancing with her friend ;P
*waves goodbye* see you guy later!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Sylvi’s journal EDIT: POSEIDUS!

Its been weeks since I last found Poseidus dead, probably closer to a month or two but everything starts to melt into one waterlogged day down here. I see ghostcrawler after ghostcralwer. (My guild gets sick of rehoming him he shows up so much xD) and I hand out about 6 gnome hats and watch Mobus go down but still no sign of my Seahorse…
Until today….
I log on and start swimming, doing my usual laps. I pause to do some laundry and just keep swimming. I make to the depths, (a place I only bother checking every 20 min or so since its so far out of the way of the others) I go to put my clothes in the dryer and go afk and wouldn’t you know it the washing machine is messed up. So I’m taking my time trying to get it to work again and when I come back upstairs I notice a strange red dot on the map that’s in a place I never saw a hostile mob before. I mouse over it… could it be?..no it can’t…its Poseidus.
I freak out and dive off the shelf towards him and my computer freezes right off the bat and I get disconnected. I’m starting to panic because there are at least 5 other campers and some of them are close by. I wait for the screen to load….waiting as it gets stuck at 80% for what seems like an eternity. When I finally get back in he’s swimming right under me. I dive down and tag him and the fight begins.

My hands are shaking so hard I can hardly hit the buttons and I have no idea if I’m strong enough to kill him even with non-shaking hands. I’m calling my sister up to the computer and she is cheering me on. For the first time ever my pet holds aggro like a dream and I hardly even have to heal him. About a minute later Poseidus wilts and gives up the fight.
He is mine
...I just cant mount him until I hit 78 >_>
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.