Hi, my name is Seilahyn and I have an addiction.

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Hi, my name is Seilahyn and I have an addiction.

Unread post by Seilahyn »

*twitch twitch*

So I finally, after a lot of procrastinating, made another Hunter. I've been meaning to do it for a while now to have a fresh new stable to fill, but I didn't want to make another when I already had one. Despite my bests efforts, I broke down and made one. I made a Worgen and, very unoriginal, am going to collect wolves/dogs/foxes on her. I plan to, as I level, grab the rares of each color; or if none are available, just grab the normal if I want that color. (I won't be grabbing one of everything though.)

Tame Goals - 12/19 - Current Level: 51
Timber (Rare) - Lv5 - Tamed - Maicoh (Pic)
Gorefang (Rare) - Lv10 - Tamed - Maiyun (Pic 1 Pic 2)
Ashtail (Rare) - Lv16 - Tamed (Pic)
Forest Stalker - Lv19 - Tamed (Pic)
Mist Howler (Rare) - Lv21 - Tamed (Pic 1 Pic 2)
Black Ravager - Lv22 - Tamed - Zev (Pic)
Old Cliff Jumper (Rare) - Lv30 - Tamed - Vukasin (Pic 1 Pic 2)
Snarler (Rare) - Lv39 - Tamed (Pic 1 Pic 2)
Plaguehound - Lv40 - Tamed (Pic)
The Lone Hunter - Lv41 - Tamed (Pic)
Barnabus (Rare) - Lv46 - Tamed - Sandalius (Pic 1 Pic 2)
Deathmaw (Rare) - Lv51 - Tamed (Pic 1 Pic 2)
Snowfrolic Fox - Lv53
Ripp - Lv58 -
Ironjaw - Lv63 -
Coldarra Mage Slayer - Lv69 -
Vargul Blighthound - Lv74
Skoll - Lv80 -
Karoma - Lv85 -

As for names, I'm not going to be as picky as I am with my main Hunter. While it might be silly, I found a few variations of "wolf" in other languages that I thought would fit well for names. I've already named my black worg Zev, which is Hebrew for "wolf". Some others I picked out are Vukasin, Sandalius, Maicoh, and Maiyun. I might not use Maiyun because to me it seems more feminine and I prefer my pets to be male. I just need to match the names to the colors. Obviously I need a lot more names as I have a rather long list of tames...

I know I'm not the first, and that there are quite a few people on these forums that have multiple Hunters, but I can now gladly raise my flag and march along proudly.

In closing, thank you for support my fellow Hunters. =D

(Sorry if it's in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it. I know I've seen posts like this before, but I can't remember where they were.)
Edit:
You know what, when I started it was just going to be a random post pointing out my insanity... but as I came back to it to check my own list I decided to mark them as tamed/etc... so now it's turning into a bit of a "journal" so to speak. So it might fit better to be in the Show & Tell section. If so, please feel free to move. Sorry.
Last edited by Seilahyn on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Re: Hi, my name is Seilahyn and I have an addiction.

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Ahh I allways love a new hunter build.. Good luck with yours!

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Have you considered hyenas? I assume you're going to end up taming Skoll and/or Karoma.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I have considered Hyenas. I think I'm still on the wall about them as there aren't too many skins I really like. The one I tamed on my main just didn't click well with me, but maybe it'll work better with my Worgen.

I completely forgot to add Skoll and Karoma to the list, thanks for reminding me. (And I was even thinking last night that I'd keep Skoll's name the same as it is fitting.)

This new Hunter I've been leveling as Marksman to get a real feel for the spec. My main is BM, and despite trying MM off spec I just felt like I was fumbling around with the spec and even though I knew the rotation, I just didn't do the best I could. So I figured maybe leveling in the spec might give me a better idea overall of it.

The thrill of the "hunt", so to speak, is nice to have again. With my main having her stables full and all her rare wants having been long since completed, it's nice to run around looking for rares again.. even if they're old world lowbie rares that will most likely almost always be there. Karoma might still be a nice thrill to get, even Skoll.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Hyenas aren't canines though.

Here's a list of wolf names for you.
Native American names:
GUITONKAGYA: Kiowa: "Ringboned Wolf" (m)
HEMENE: Nez Perce: "Wolf" (m)
HOHNIHOHKAIYOHOS: Cheyenne: " high-backed wolf." (m)
HONIAHAKA: Cheyenne: "little wolf." (m/f)
KIYIYA: Yakima: "howling wolf" (m)
KUCKUNNIWI: Cheyenne: " little wolf." (m/f)
MINGAN: Algonquin: "gray wolf" (m)
NASHOBA: Choctaw: "wolf" (m)
NEEHEEOEEWOOTIS: Cheyenne: "high backed wolf" (m)
OCUMWHOWURST, OCUNNOWHURST: Cheyenne: " yellow wolf." (m)
OHCUMGACHE: Cheyenne: " little wolf." (m/f)
OKHMHAKA: Cheyenne: "little wolf" (m)
TALA: "wolf" (f)
WAYA: Cherokee: "Wolf" (m)

Other wolf names at this link here. 102 names that mean wolf found there. Have at it!

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I know hyenas aren't part of the canine family which was one of the reasons I wasn't going to collect any, but they are similar enough in looks that it would fit. I wasn't set on just canines, really. I just don't know if I want to or not.

I've used that site many a times in the past. I didn't use it for looking up wolf names earlier. I just Googled "wolf names" and checked out some of the sites that came up. I've seen a lot of those names you listed on some of the sites I was browsing, but a few that weren't. I'll definitely have to browse through it. I think I might use Nashoba.. let me write that one down.

Right now I'm trying to see if there are any "little wolf" ones that I like. The coyote model would fit well with them. I've used up the few I've written down already, and am saving Sandalius for the brown or red model later. Maybe it's the "sand" part in the name that makes me want to use it for a brown wolf.

Anywho, another day.. more levels, and more pets! Old Cliff Jumper and Snarler now join the pack. =3
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd share last night/today.

Last night I hit 46 and immediately went out to Badlands in search of Barnabus. It was rather late night, and the luck I've had every rare has always been sitting there waiting for me to come take them home... but not Barnabus. Broken Tooth, Zaricotl, etc, were all there... but no Barnabus. I sat in the middle of his area where I wouldn't catch aggro from the surrounding cats and coyotes and waited, occasionally queueing for a random dungeon, but nothing. A few hours had passed and still no red wolf. So I ran off to the side and logged out for the night.

I logged in today hoping that he'd be waiting for me, but still he had not shown up. I sat there for a bit in my little aggro free area while I did some catching up of forums on my other monitor, waiting. Eventually I decided that I'd switch to my Warlock and herb while I queued for randoms on her as I needed to level her as well as collect herbs to level Inscription on my new Hunter.

After about an hour of herbing, and a horrible dungeon encounter, I sent my Hunter the herbs I had collected and decided to go grab them and work on Inscription. So I logged off my Warlock, and switched to my Hunter. I am immediately greeted by a very hungry Barnabus, who has been chomping on my Worgen's rear while I was loading into the game. In an odd panic I run him off hoping my pet would not accidentally engage and kill him if I get "dismounted". He resets and I dismiss my current pet and head back over to tame Barnabus.

So in the end.. it was Barnabus who was camping me and claimed me with a bite to the rump.