Fo' teh Horde, y'all.

Firefrost
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Fo' teh Horde, y'all.

Unread post by Firefrost »

I just got the For teh Horde achievement. I feel kinda giddy. Had a great run and slew all those puny Alliance leaders, and got that lovely bear throm Thrall. Whenever I see and Ally, I mount up on it and blow a raspberry.

How did your FTH raids go?
U jelly?
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Re: Fo' teh Horde, y'all.

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Sadness.. Have to say I haven't done it yet (Looks bashfully around).. Sigh.. I don't do much even PVPing...

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

I've never done For The Horde. I can't bear the thought of grouping with that many random people in such a disorganised manner and spending so much time with them. Makes my skin itch thinking about it.
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Anansi wrote:I've never done For The Horde. I can't bear the thought of grouping with that many random people in such a disorganised manner and spending so much time with them. Makes my skin itch thinking about it.
D: But the disorganization's the best part! It's enjoyable chaos, and when you all work together and it all falls in smoothly it's awesome. Plus it's just neat seeing a train of 40+ people riding across the world together.

I need to do it on my druid. Badly. She and the black/red bear would go awesomely together.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Er, well, I did For the Alliance *hides* It wasn't something I had thought I would do anytime soon. It was rather an "oh, what the hell, it'll probably just fail anyway" kind of thing. I've only done it the one time, and it went fine, got all of them. Due in large part to it being 2 AM on a Sunday. It was kinda cool, having such a huge group running around. I really felt bad about Thunder Bluff though. It's my favorite city. The bear is nice, but I don't ride it much. Ultimately, I want the 100 mounts achievment for the dragonhawk, so every mount counts.
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

ive done it 3 times now and i dont know why as a healer i loved it the most o.O normally i hate PvP healing .. mainly as in battlegrounds you sit healing everyone one but as soon as something hits you they all run away ¬.¬
and yes the mess is always what makes these events fun :) its fun watching one guy try to order people even though no one will wait for the dead cas once you enter one city you know the chain has been set and its not long till someone comes running xD
though i dont use the mount as much as i have the Hog, brewfest ram and the shiny pony now but its always nice to see it on my lil holy priest <3
but as a horde who loves the tram when ally try to attack there <3

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

I've ran it a couple times.

On my server, there's a guild that is strictly pvp (I hail from a pvp server) and I ran it with them on my druid. They get a lot of flack in trade chat, but they were very organized and we didn't leave anyone behind. I do recall it taking a bit longer to start, as the leader gave us a pretty detailed layout of what was goin down.

I recently ran it on my hunter, also, but with just a big, messy pug. A friend/guildie came with me, though, so we kind of laughed through the madness. It almost becomes more of a people watching ordeal than anything else...

I ran both really late at night/ early in the morning (however you want to look at it), so we didn't really come across any defenders.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

On Feathermoon, we have a disturbingly organized undead mage who will occasionally go to take the leaders out and get people their bears. He has the whole thing down to a fine art, really. He knows where to have people log in, what order to do it in, and when to have someone pull. He makes sure anyone that has an emote addon running shuts it off before entering the enemy city. It's really a thing to see when he gets a city raid going. I've done For The Horde with him on my death knight, but not yet on my hunter. The next time he decides to get a group together, I may see if I can't get Tahlian on it, just to get the achievement.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I did For the Horde recently, but never use the bear much. Too much like the Kodo mount with it's annoying terrain slope movement.

But one mount closer to my 100 mount acheivement! :D

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Firefrost
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Firefrost »

I thought my group went fairly smoothly, everyone listened to leader and we slaughtered those hapless fools. It's nice to hear of your versions though.
U jelly?
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

My For the Alliance (*dodges incoming assault*) achievement was actually pretty fun! But heh, the first time we attempted it, we wiped in Orgrimmar. Most of the people left but for some unknown reason, I stayed. I had been debating leaving but eh...it was a crappy Saturday and the hubby was still at work, so I had nothing better to do. Well, second time around we hit TB first I believe, and had no resistance at all, except for some lowbie guy who decided to attack and my pet killed him in one shot (hey, I saw red, I attacked it) :lol: Then we went to Orgrimmar and had no trouble surprisingly, seeing as how we got wasted in our previous attempt. Then finished off the other two, I can't remember the order. It was a blast, in my opinion. Took me back to the days of vanilla WoW's 40-man raids, which I personally enjoyed. And I do use the bear all the time, even with its odd sloping-over-terrain run.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

There's a guy on our server that's legendary for his FTH runs. He has said that he won't rest until every Horde member has a black warbear, and believe it or not, he's even gotten the bear for a lvl 1 toon!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

FTH and FTA are really not much in the way of "PvP" raids if done correctly. You ideally have 40 people streamrolling everything in their way, which doesn't leave much room for finesse. Most resistance from players is easily snuffed out...although I hear that the Horde/Alliance ratio is now 3:1 on my server; that may no longer be the case on mine. :( At any rate, for the most part, swapping to the players is just another call by the raid leader. There's a degree of randomness in the "encounter" due to that.

Check out the mechanics for Sylvanas - she's such a badass hunter. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kalliope wrote:FTH and FTA are really not much in the way of "PvP" raids if done correctly. You ideally have 40 people streamrolling everything in their way, which doesn't leave much room for finesse. Most resistance from players is easily snuffed out...although I hear that the Horde/Alliance ratio is now 3:1 on my server; that may no longer be the case on mine. :( At any rate, for the most part, swapping to the players is just another call by the raid leader. There's a degree of randomness in the "encounter" due to that.

Check out the mechanics for Sylvanas - she's such a badass hunter. :D
It is a PVP raid tbh; it's only PVE for Ally on my server 90% of the time. Why? 100 horde in org and all CBA to do crap to defend Thrall. Yet for horde to do the same in ally? yes 40 horde vs 40+ alliance easily in Lagaforge.

Oh the pain just the blinding pain from all the failed SW and IF runs on Ryai, just burn so much. And the ONLY time she managed an IF run? When a legendary hordie on our side, put together a raid group for IF. 20 people taking the boss and 20 people defending, we actually downed the dorf.

And then worst of all, I've seen Alliance, whenever we have actually put in a def raid, wait for an hour nearly and when horde gets bored and wanders off, BLAMO THRALL IS DEAD.

Yet horde can't even go 5 minutes into one wipe without screeching and half the raid quits and just...

I hate hellscream hordies so much sometimes, it hurts.
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

Ryai are you on the U.S Hellscream server? I'm from there too...I will admit I have seen horde fail time and time again especially in IF and SW because those areas are high pop alliance towns and it seems Hellscream Alli's will do whatever it takes to defend their kings /ducks - It seems easy when I do it but then again as alliance myself..we arent met with very much fight or oomph...which to me is half the fun. Your supposed to try to defend your king from becoming killed >< That's just me though.. /hugs for Ryai

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

I think a lot of failing/succeeding depends on the time of day that you run it. If you're charging in at 3 in the afternoon, it's likely everyone will be home and ready to wipe your raid. My advice is to get in one that's very early in the morning, or late at night, if you're around and see someone starting one up. Guess your Horde/Ally ratio counts, too.

If you have the World Defense channel turned on, you get messages for wherever is under attack, so if you're chillin in Dal, you can easily run to the aid of any city. Most people seem to not really care, but it's fun if you get a willing group to try and wipe a raid. >:3
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ryai wrote:It is a PVP raid tbh; it's only PVE for Ally on my server 90% of the time. Why? 100 horde in org and all CBA to do crap to defend Thrall. Yet for horde to do the same in ally? yes 40 horde vs 40+ alliance easily in Lagaforge.
^
Exactly what I was talking about.

Of COURSE they're PvP raids. You get flagged. But if you're hitting at off times or on servers where people don't care to defend, then they're stripped to the PvE parts.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Nevar wrote:Ryai are you on the U.S Hellscream server? I'm from there too...I will admit I have seen horde fail time and time again especially in IF and SW because those areas are high pop alliance towns and it seems Hellscream Alli's will do whatever it takes to defend their kings /ducks - It seems easy when I do it but then again as alliance myself..we arent met with very much fight or oomph...which to me is half the fun. Your supposed to try to defend your king from becoming killed >< That's just me though.. /hugs for Ryai
I'm american but I play eu, cause of Aria. Who's over on the other side of the pond and she got me into it and well..

And yeah, guess EU and US Hellscream aren't that far different >>

and no don't really bother about missing out on the oomph, I've dealt with it horde wise and it just sucks. Cause then your raid fails and you gotta wait another week before anyone has the balls to even go 'LFM [For the Horde]'
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

So sorry :( It's gotta suckl..Hellscream U.S used to be pretty evenly split but then the best horde raiding guild who could organize such things faction changed to alliance..so now Hellscream U.S is full of alli powerhouses and hordes got nothing. We did a Wg battle the other day and I truely felt bad = / there was zero competition...winning is fun and nice..but its sad when theres no real fight :( Or they just dont even wanna try..cant say I blame them for not trying to fight a losing battle though :(

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

i don't pvp. i used to, but stopped when i found out rogues only have to stun you and you're out long enough for them, or anything else, to completely rape you.

that is not balance.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net