Pet talent summary...

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Pet talent summary...

Unread post by Slickrock »

Hadn't seen this posted yet, so EVERYONE should read this...

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/201 ... t-changes/
Account has been closed at user's request.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: Pet talent summary...

Unread post by Gimlion »

I'm extremely sad that Roar of Recovery is going away... I'm also slightly upset that cunning will be the "PvP" spec again, I liked it as a second option for a utility pet in dungeons/raids without sacrificing much or any dps. Guard Dog and Silverback will also be surely missed by me. Other than that though, I'm glad I can change up some of my repeat pets so they're specced differently.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Pets will be able to be any spec, Gimlion. :) Even if cunning becomes favored, you'll still be able to bring whatever pet you want!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

The problem is I liked the extra utility it brought to dungeons, without sacrificing much dps for not bringing a Ferocity pet. Particularly Roar of Recovery, that was macro'd in with Fervor to ensure a was never focus starved. I'm not too concerned, as you're right, I can literally bring whichever pet anywhere now, but I wish they hadn't streamlined Cunning for PvP so much, as I enjoyed a choice in spec for dungeons (as well as pet, which is more so now.)

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope

*nod* It is a bit more restricted in which spec your pets can be for particular jobs, but since you can bring any pet now and spec them appropriately, I kind of like the tradeoff. Sure, it's a little weird not bringing pets for specific buffs and, in some ways, less interesting....but considering that we're the only class that doesn't have all our pets with us 100% of the time, I personally don't mind on principle.

Edit to add that I would rather have Ursa with me all the time if I choose to have him rather than not. We'll see what happens with the pet family buffs/debuffs/abilities.
Last edited by Kalliope on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

YouTube Edition

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Seems fair to me.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm very happy with the tradeoff. :) Looking forward to the new system.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Eh, I enjoy the possibilities, but I feel like we're going back to when pets were just weapons again, at least and especially for Ferocity, instead of useful tools and partners. I hope they do something neat and worthwhile with the new abilities of some of the pets, since the buff list is getting shrunk and we have the chance of 37 different pet types, not including the possibility of double buffs/utilities going to some exotics as well as entirely new families.

I swear, I'm trying to be optimistic :lol: I'm just very much a realist, and right now I'm finding some issues that pertain to me, as well as what I believe will concern others. /shrug

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

It's kinda funny for years people have been wanting this and now that we are getting it some of the people who wanted it don't want it XD I'm not saying thats you Gimlion :lol: just others I have seen XD
Kalliope

Well, again, depending on what happens with the pet family abilities, there may still be some interesting choices and decisions to make. Do I really want to bring Ursa into PvP situations when Orpheus still has a root (and a more useful tool)? Much as I love PvPing with Ursa (how badass would it be to have your pet sleep on your enemy's corpse?), I still consider Orpheus my go-to guy for PvP.

Honestly? I don't think a whole lot will change. We'll still see the same families, but possibly in different specs. With scorpids and birds of prey doing the same thing AND possibly being whatever family of choice, who knows?

YouTube Edition

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Yeah, I'll have to see how it pans out. I'm still particularly excited to have a SB of each spec, as well as my three Skittle Spiders... :mrgreen:

Edit: This thought just came to me, but I'd really like to see a talent tree similar to the new player's tree, with a list of some of these utility abilities that are being left out in the current system. I think that would definitely make this completely okay with me. Although, I'm not against it in it's current state, just not certain of it.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I was one of those hunters that pretty much could spec any new pet in about 10sec or less since I used the same build for all my ferocity, cunning or tenacity pets.
Having everything simplified down talent wise is fine by me. It was a neat concept when it came out, but after going through so many pets it sort of became more of an annoying post-tame step.

Now I am looking forward to picking my pets spec! That excites me. I love alot of my pets but never really use them because of thier spec not being what I needed.
Barret (terropene) and Cromwell (black beetle with the streak) will remain Tenacity, everyone else will probably go Ferocity except Zolkaltar (silithid ant) who will remain cunning for my random pvp spurts.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I like that we're being able to choose our pets spec... But I really did like pets having talents. It made them seem more like a partner, another character, instead of JUST a pet.
Of course I'll still see my pets as more than just pets, but I sort of feel like... I dunno, sort of like they're getting closer to warlock demons?

I can relate a bit to the first commenter:

“I have to say that I’m not happy with these changes. Yes I know that for raiding there was pretty much always a cookie cutter dps spec…..but there are other things besides raiding. My tanking pet is set up differently from my questing pet…the pet i use in BGs is different than the ones I use for arenas. Not a LOT different and it probably does not mean a whole lot in the end …but it makes me happy…. It’s just another way IMO to tuyrn us into warlocks with guns"

I don't think in the end well be warlocks with guns, but I dunno, I guess I'm just being a bit nostalgic. XD
I'll just miss speccing my pets, but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. I'm also sure that, in the end, being able to choose your pets spec will be worth it.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well we where able to get used to pets having telent trees in the first place so I think everyone can gte used to this!
Kalliope

Gimlion wrote:Edit: This thought just came to me, but I'd really like to see a talent tree similar to the new player's tree, with a list of some of these utility abilities that are being left out in the current system. I think that would definitely make this completely okay with me. Although, I'm not against it in it's current state, just not certain of it.
That's the plan, as I understand it. :mrgreen: It's just NYI on the beta.

YouTube Edition

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Kalliope wrote:
Gimlion wrote:Edit: This thought just came to me, but I'd really like to see a talent tree similar to the new player's tree, with a list of some of these utility abilities that are being left out in the current system. I think that would definitely make this completely okay with me. Although, I'm not against it in it's current state, just not certain of it.
That's the plan, as I understand it. :mrgreen: It's just NYI on the beta.
That's what I thought I heard, but Frostheim (Hiem?) didn't make mention of it in the link. I really hope that happens, I can't see a problem with a change like that happening.

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Yeah I'd love if they got their own new talents. As I understood though they aren't doing that?

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Kalliope

I'm going to assume that we'll get some answers once the pet spec system actually goes in. :D

YouTube Edition

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Gimlion wrote: That's what I thought I heard, but Frostheim (Hiem?) didn't make mention of it in the link. I really hope that happens, I can't see a problem with a change like that happening.

Yeah, this list frost posted is only what is implemented currently on the beta, which we have already been told is going to change. Saying thing like "Roar of Sacrifice is gone" by frost is actually already false as GC stated it was one of the things that actually made the cut. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2202 ... -abilities (though frost may be only mentioning it's removal from tenacity tree? I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt)

Again, so far what frost has posted is currently accurate as to what your pets will currently have on Beta, but it's not what we will end up with.

I'm with Kali, we will just have to wait and see regarding what they have in store for our beloved pets.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope

Spiritbinder wrote:
Gimlion wrote: That's what I thought I heard, but Frostheim (Hiem?) didn't make mention of it in the link. I really hope that happens, I can't see a problem with a change like that happening.

Yeah, this list frost posted is only what is implemented currently on the beta, which we have already been told is going to change. Saying thing like "Roar of Sacrifice is gone" by frost is actually already false as GC stated it was one of the things that actually made the cut. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2202 ... -abilities (though frost may be only mentioning it's removal from tenacity tree? I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt)
That's what he meant, since it is listed under cunning as staying. :) It's a little hard to keep track with everything so spread out, though, so it's understandable confusion.

I'm torn; I really want to see the changes, but I'd like to keep our BIG PETS (and teeny pets) as long as possible too. :)

YouTube Edition