Removal of "Have Group, Will Travel"?

Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Removal of "Have Group, Will Travel"?

Unread post by Ikutai »

It's being replaced by Ride Like the Wind (Guild Level 21) - Increase flight path travel speed by 25%.

Seriously?

That was, like, the HANDIEST Guild Perk.

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Re: Removal of "Have Group, Will Travel"?

Unread post by Samskeyti »

I can understand why they want to take it away. But... the countless times I've used it to summon a hunter to a rare.... I'm gonna miss it!!
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

They should really just keep it, and have it not work in Pandaria zones. Wouldn't that still solve the alleged "problem" that doesn't really exist?
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I think it was a problem via pvp.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Jessibelle wrote:I think it was a problem via pvp.
In the early days of Cata, it could be used in Tol Barad. Only a few guilds on most servers had gotten Have Group, so it really gave an unfair advantage in TolB. Basically, it only took one person going to one of the nodes and summoning a huge chunk of their team.

That got fixed fairly quickly, though, so it no longer works in TolB. It can't be used in any battlegrounds.

I honestly don't like the fact it's going away. It was great for getting all the raid members to the instance entrance instead of having to summon them individually via a summoning portal (assuming you had a warlock in the raid).

Faster flight paths are great. I've wanted those for my max-level characters for ages, but they don't really help everyone get to the instance quickly to get a raid started.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm not happy either, regardless of the reason. D:

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I really dislike the fact that it is going away. They could simply make it non-functional in areas they don't want it to work, such as they did in TB and the goblin and worgen starting areas. Its such an amazing time saver and convenience. I think we have all gotten very used to it and having such a useful tool taken away will be a disappointment to alot of people
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I personally think it's a good thing... for now. But then I also like the way they restrict flight when you start a new expansion. And I'm hoping, like flight, they'll eventually return it at a higher guild level once we've spent a lot of time in the new continent. *cross fingers on that* (Especially when I personally found the new highest level guild perk, which just gives you a discount on transmog and void storage to be kind of... underwhelming for the pinnacle of guild achievement. Sure those are expensive things but regular players don't use them all that frequently.)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

For me personally, I kinda like it - but that's because even in a guild I tend to be a loner. :)
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Bad imo, I'm not one of the so called "Gimme" players that demand everything be handed on a silver platter. But this perk was one of the most useful to myself and my friends.

I can't say how many times I've used it to summon someone to tame a critter either, I'm not...and will not be happy about its removal.
ImageImage
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

As someone who's not a fan of guild perks in general and has old school grumbles about guildies who were too special to travel to the raid portal themselves, I'm a bit biased. I enjoy the experience of exploring and traveling through the world, so instantly popping from place to place takes away a lot of the fun for me. ...it is pretty helpful for completing those enemy city holiday achievements, though! :)
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I just think, if you want to travel...good for you. Those that don't can keep the perk. XD (Not being cranky to anyone just didnt know how else to put it)

I have forever been a warlock so I know the grumbles of summoning late comers and lazy people. But the perk helped so much with that...I loved it. I just don't see why those that want to travel can't continue doing so and those that like/enjoy the perk can't keep it too. :/

Having one doesn't block the other from working.
ImageImage
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

Eh, you'll take a couple minutes longer to get somewhere. The only bad part is when you have to hop continents, but the boats/zeppelins only take a couple minutes.

But looking at the posts on places like MMO-Champion you'd think Blizzard just gutted all their girlfriends/boyfriends and rode off in their cars XD Seriously, if having to take an extra minute or two to manually move your character or hop on a flight path makes a person that frothingly angry, I think it's time to turn off the computer and go outside.

But I'm not happy the potion and cauldron perks are gone :(

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I really hope they don’t take this one out for good. This is a life saver for me. All those times I did something stupid and ended up stuck and didn’t want to hearth and fly all the way back to here I was? Friend would just summon me to some place safe. Found a rare hunter pet? Summon a hunter. Raid group pressed for time? Massive summon inc. Lowbie player needs help getting across a dangerous zone? Summon to the rescue!
I can see WHY they want to do this but I don’t really agree with them. Players who want to explore and enjoy will explore and enjoy. Players who need to get there fast want to get there fast. They won’t enjoy something they are forced to run though if it means they miss that rare or die on the way over. I add my voice to all the others suggesting bumping up the guild level needed to use it or just limiting its use so you can’t use it in MOP zones.
The flight path thing is nice but somewhat underwhelming considering that it is replacing one of the biggest and most often used guild perks.

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

It's gong to be such a pain for pug raids... -_-There's ALWAYS that ONE person who begs for a sumon for 10 minutes when they could have flown there in less the time..

For me, I always used it to summon people to rares to tame. :( Not happy about it going away. D:
It's also a really big time saver when I do the old world raids with my old world raid groups....

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

I haven't touched one in forever so I forget - do the old "meeting stones" still let you summon absent group members?
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

This was one of the best guild perks, IMO, and I'm so sad to see it going away. I too love being out in the world and exploring and I do that a lot but there are times you just want the quick convenience of a group summon. It sucks to have gotten used to having it for almost two years (by the time MoP hits) and then to have it taken away. I hope the outcry is huge and Blizz reverses this decision.
Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

Increased Flight Path? Really? -_- At least give us something more useful. I don't even USE flight paths. I rarely use them even when I am leveling. :/
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wait Wain what's the lvl cap for guilds in pandaland?
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

What? Seriously? That was such a priceless spell! Surprisingly, it's not fun to fly all the way out to Netherstorm/Shadowmoon/whereverthefel to raid, especially if there is, say, a rare spawn.

I am NOT a happy person.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!