Removal of "Have Group, Will Travel"?

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Removal of "Have Group, Will Travel"?

Unread post by Lisaara »

cowmuflage wrote:Wait Wain what's the lvl cap for guilds in pandaland?
LEvel 30

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Not happy either. I like to get things done fast which means using this to get whoever im grouped with to me faster, whether its so we can do a low level raid or to get them or myself to a rarespawn that one of us has pinned down that the other is interested in, easier travel to places like Northrend where we now have to take 3minute zepplins to get to or the deep dark reaches of Outlands, or places that people without mount skill can get to (say, i was a lvl 10 hunter wanting to tame the lvl 1 black battle worg from the human start zone).

I dont use flight paths either, i fly faster then the FP by speed alone, and i fly in a much more direct path then the FP's do. They force you to stop at towns you dont need to go to, they do U-turns, they spend as much as a whole 15-20 seconds sometimes doing tricks or trying to land which for many places means circling the entire town one to one and a half times before finally landing.

Seriously, keep the perk, and re-arrange how flight path's work since they are complete bullcrap with how they like to add on extra seconds by doing crazy unnecessary tricks and movements and taking you to entirely unrelated towns that you have no need to fly through or at the very least if they cant do that, increase the speed of the FP's to say, 375% since i fly at 351% which is 21% faster to my existing knowledge then the FP's.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

The new one sounds very anti-climatic. They should at least make it interesting.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Ellaran wrote:Eh, you'll take a couple minutes longer to get somewhere. The only bad part is when you have to hop continents, but the boats/zeppelins only take a couple minutes.

But looking at the posts on places like MMO-Champion you'd think Blizzard just gutted all their girlfriends/boyfriends and rode off in their cars XD Seriously, if having to take an extra minute or two to manually move your character or hop on a flight path makes a person that frothingly angry, I think it's time to turn off the computer and go outside.

But I'm not happy the potion and cauldron perks are gone :(

No its not that at all. And depending on where you are going...its much much longer than "a few minutes". This helps take out the obnoxious pain in the assness of pugging with people in random old harder to get to places. Why is having something be less of a headache call to tell people they need to step away from the PC? :/
ImageImage
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'll really miss this ability. It was useful for raids of course, but mostly I'll miss the ease of having a summon available if I'm by myself and want to bring a friend somewhere that they might not be able to get to otherwise. Or if a friend needs help on their low level alt, they can summon me in instantly. Things like that...it was really handy if you didn't have a warlock around.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Meggers wrote:
Ellaran wrote:Eh, you'll take a couple minutes longer to get somewhere. The only bad part is when you have to hop continents, but the boats/zeppelins only take a couple minutes.
But looking at the posts on places like MMO-Champion you'd think Blizzard just gutted all their girlfriends/boyfriends and rode off in their cars XD Seriously, if having to take an extra minute or two to manually move your character or hop on a flight path makes a person that frothingly angry, I think it's time to turn off the computer and go outside.
No its not that at all. And depending on where you are going...its much much longer than "a few minutes". This helps take out the obnoxious pain in the assness of pugging with people in random old harder to get to places. Why is having something be less of a headache call to tell people they need to step away from the PC? :/
They haven't removed summoning stones.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Yeah, this really aggravates me. All the whiners suggesting that flight be removed in the old world, queues be removed and so on "to force people into the world" ignores one major point: if we wanted to be in the world, we WOULD be. We're not in the world because it's freaking boring.

Add dynamic events, like roaming NPC raiding parties, caravans, world player housing, roaming "corrupted" zones that need to be cleansed, world bosses randomly turning up, more World PvP zones and so on, and see what happens. Forcing us out into a completely empty world will only piss people off. I can only assume this is their underlying motivation.

Incidentally, I'd made a really long post about possible ways to spice up the outside WoW world here:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 0?page=1#1

It's EU only so sadly US players can't post, but it has a ton more of my thoughts on the subject.

...Wish Blizzard would hire me as a world-spicer-upper. With that as my official job title.
World-Spicer-Upper.
Yeah.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

While I'm going to miss the convenience factor (especially once it's gone and I realize I use it more than I think I do), I tend to solo a lot so...I do use flight paths quite a bit. So, faster flight paths is an acceptable tradeoff for me...especially since if I'm not actively raiding, I tend to forget I have group summon. And the meeting stones aren't going away so...those will still be available when a warlock isn't. Even if you're not going to that stone's particular dungeon/raid, it's a way to get someone to that zone quickly!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Im at a loss as to why.. I mean so far the reasons that were said (not sure if by people or blizz peeps) was
"we want more world pvp"
"we want you to explore!!"

Heres a few issues with that.
World pvp.. can be fun but on a pve server it wont happen unless your flagged. On pvp servers I can just imagine all the ganking and horror.. that is unless you know a lock and someone else flies to the zone and summons inside. Which would prolly happen anyways..

Explore? Do people stop to smell the roses while flying to a zone? No.. cause that may cause problems
"Hey lock are you there yet?! its been 10 mins, the heck are you doing?!!!"
"dude.. did you see the big tree?!! its like big.. and whoa and the variations in the green leaves along with the vivid coloring of each leaf is a beautiful symphony of..
GKICK

See? that doesnt work! If people wanna explore they will, we get some crappy title and achieves for exploring already dont we? Most people will just go afk on flight paths, thats not exploring. Blizz could make a better incentive then that if they really want you to go out besides "you must if you wanna raid". The same people who get to the raid earlier to mass summon you? yah now just add a lock or someone else. Wont change really, just going to be long raid starts with people getting lost. (oh the horror of being lost trying to find the thing) People go afk and not accepting a summon and those who refuse to leave town.

I mean in MOP you cant fly in those zones until lvl 90.. I am pretty sure you have seen quite alot of the forestry on the ground, dont see the point really to replace it. I wonder about cross realm raiding, they want you to raid with friends even across realm but youll need to make sure your friend has a lock in party or else you are screwed. There were alot of reasons why its good to have it besides just summoning lazy people to raid..

Or they could make MOP like this
http://www.darklegacycomics.com/174.html
the horror!!!

I just had a really scary and wierd thought.. remember all those multiple person seaters?!! People will now offer taxi rides to each instance..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Wain wrote:
Meggers wrote:
They haven't removed summoning stones.

You won't find a summoning stone in the middle of a random zone if you're trying to get someone to a rarespawn. Even then, its not likely you'll have someone else with you to go hop to a summoning stone and then hope its still there when you get back.
ImageImage
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Summoning stones also means traveling to the area(have two people instead one one) which usually is in BFE to get to the stone, and normally isnt close by the instance.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

they should just make it not work in pandaria zones.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Personally I consider summoning stones sufficient - I mean "back in the day" we managed with just those...

But I think they should remove the "2 person minimum" to activate.

And @Acherontia - I do feel your pain about apathetic world content. Back in TBC they cared about that stuff - back then outdoor minibosses were semi-common, you had at least a few super hard outdoor quests (degrader and dragonmaw race* anyone?), and there were world boss rares (which required an actual raid). Since then? Not so much (and ofc most of the TBC outdoor elites became non-elite in 4.3...).

*Not the version we have now, I mean back when getting hit meant you got dismounted. Usually over a void or a pit of ravenous elite carnivores. E.g. back when it was hard.
Last edited by Worba on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

One of the most WTF decisions in MoP so far. I mean, why would they remove the single most used perk? It's like... I don't know, shutting down WoW because with 10 million players it's "too popular" and getting them too much money... it's just ridiculous, is what I'm saying.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Im still trying to understand why.. they didnt really give much of an answer, well none that makes sense to me. If anything it may even prevent people from doing things because they are indeed that lazy. There are new world bosses now that may still require a raid. But if it really is all about "exploring" why would they up the flight speed of the flight path, dont they know people just click on the flight path then go afk and do something else? thats not really exploring is it..
All that would happen raid wise, the same people will fly to the summoning stone, people will get summoned there and go to raid. Nothing will really change beides the whole actual convinence this brought... It really was one of the best things they brought out.
Ah I remember the fun stress of sitting watching a rare waiting for my friend to come and tame it, hoping some jerk doesnt come by and kill it.....
*sighs*

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

RHMakonea
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (H/A)

Unread post by RHMakonea »

This made me horribly upset I use it all the time to help lowbies get to another area without having to walk. And to help friends get to rares and to level or do stuff with a friend when they're across the map. I'm going to miss this so much!!

Signature by the Wonderful Britany

My DeviantArt