Post-Stable-Wipe Taming Spree

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Post-Stable-Wipe Taming Spree

Unread post by Rhyela »

I cleaned out about five slots on Rhyela tonight. I abandoned some duplicates; I didn't really feel I needed two wind serpents, so I let Celeborn (Hayoc) go. I really didn't need three spirit beasts, and I've never been terribly fond of Loque anyway, so off he went. I completely adore Vulkoor (black Madexx), so I never used Deathbelle (blue Madexx), so she was let go. I think I actually had two stable slots already available, so that brought my total to five.

I looked on Petopia to see if there was anything I haven't tried that I might be interested in, and got a short list. First I went to Outland where I tamed fel boars and ravagers. None of them clicked for me, so I let them all go. I then headed to Zangarmarsh and grabbed a green nether ray, and hung onto it until I went to Blade's Edge and grabbed one of the aether rays. I also tried some of the spiky raptors, but they have this odd little graphical glitch on their throats that I can't un-see.

While there, I stumbled upon a chimaera that I immediately clicked with. I never even thought to try taming one of the yellow ones, I was always dead-set on the green one. However, what I failed to notice is that their eyes are green, and the body color matches my current transmog set quite well. So yeah, instant bond.

Finally, I went to Dragonblight to try a mastiff, and tamed a black one. I then decided to try a brown one, too (I wanted to name it Murphy, which made me think of Murphy Brown, and a brown dog would be better suited for that name). I went to EPL and got myself a brown one. However, when I glanced at its portrait after taming, I could have sworn it said "Doug" instead of "Dog", so that's what I named it.

The nether ray reminded me of how an old guildy used to make fun of my nether ray mount, calling it a UFO all the time. So now, that's what I think of when I see them. My brain flicked to Martian, so I took one letter out and named him Martin.

I tamed many creatures, but three stuck. The chimaera I will definitely keep, but only time will tell if I will keep the other two. And, oddly enough, my chimaera is the one I can't think of a name for. I was thinking something alone the lines of something poisonous or venomous that's yellow, but I don't know why since his ability is frost and electric. >.> I suppose it's because he tried to shoot a poison bolt at me before he was frozen in my trap. :)

Thanks for reading!

Edited for spelling fails!
Attachments
Rhyela and Yellow Chimera.jpg
Rhyela and Yellow Chimera.jpg (600.44 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
Rhyela and Martin.jpg
Rhyela and Martin.jpg (621.23 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
Rhyela and Doug.jpg
Rhyela and Doug.jpg (336.52 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
Last edited by Rhyela on Sun May 06, 2012 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Post-Stable-Wipe Taming Spree

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ooh, great picks! I'm trying to do a stable clean out myself, but it's so difficult. I managed to choose one of my Madexx colours, and released a couple pets that weren't used often, but I'm having a lot of trouble choosing between some of my duplicate families.

You have such adorable naming conventions! <3 Martin is too cute. The chimaera looks awesome with you, I'm sure the perfect name will settle in on its own. :) And mastiffs, hee! Love their jowls. ^_^
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I looked up yellow venomous snakes and found the Eyelash Viper or Bothriechis schlegelii, which can come in a bright yellow color. It's named after the German ornithologist, Hermann Schlegel. Maybe the name Hermann or Schlegel might work?

There is also the yellow-bellied sea snake or Pelamis platura.

Beautiful new pets. All ones you don't see tamed often.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I really like Platura for your Chimera. It's a beautiful sounding name. I love it when people put thought into naming and choose cool interesting names for their pets! :D
Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Melentari »

Oh, hey, those chimaeras actually have eyes after all! I've never seen their eyes until your screenshot. XD

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah, the eyes are more apparent on some colors.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I ended up naming my chimaera Rimebane, after Veph gave me a few suggestions in the naming sub-forum. :)

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17780

Thank you for the suggestions here, too!!!

Edited for more spelling fails! (I'm on a roll tonight! :lol:)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Yay for the new pets. Adoring the Mastiff. I found a whole new love for them after Norrathia tamed a red one. They have such personality!

I also like the Netherray :D The color you choose is a rare seen color and he fits with you :D

Gratz :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've been using Martin quite a bit, and I'm surprised at how much I like him! He's so cute tanking those big fire giant guys in Hyjal for the Firelands dailies. :)

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

It's nice to see some "uncommon" pets tamed and given some love. I have the green chimera on Findu and absolutely love her, I always have the impression the green and yellow ones are more rare than Nuramoc.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I actually saw another hunter with a yellow chimaera immediately after I tamed mine. But yeah, I think it's the only other one I've seen.

So, as it turns out, Martin truly is a UFO! :P I thought he looked adorable with his little fins sticking out while we were falling. :3

Attachments
He IS a UFO.jpg
He IS a UFO.jpg (344.35 KiB) Viewed 2734 times

Sylvian

Unread post by Sylvian »

Nice!
Its kinda hard sometimes to clear out old friends.
I removed my red chimera when I started a spirit beast spree. I didn't know they were available in yellow. SO many pets so little space. ><
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Oh my, I just got an idea for my next signature..... :D

And it's okay, I had forgotten that the Outland chimaeras come in white. :lol: I saw them in WMV tonight and was like, "Oh yeah!" :lol: We have so many beasts to choose from these days that it can be easy to forget certain skins/colors.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Rhyela wrote:I actually saw another hunter with a yellow chimaera immediately after I tamed mine. But yeah, I think it's the only other one I've seen.

So, as it turns out, Martin truly is a UFO! :P I thought he looked adorable with his little fins sticking out while we were falling. :3

heheh i love that :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bad Ash Realms

Unread post by Karin »

Why don't we have UFO's that look like that? That would be epic. I know we already have nether rays as mounts but not as UFO's.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Here's the signature that I mentioned above:

I always tend to make them taller than they are long, so they're not quite as big as most people's, but oh well. :) And is it just me, or does Martin look extremely happy in that sig? :lol:

Edit: I'm trying out the name Marvin instead of Martin. I used to like Marvin the Martian from Looney Tunes, and it hit me all of a sudden so I figured I'd try it out. I can always change it back if I don't like it.

I don't know why, but I'm totally loving this guy. His personality is that he is kind of the underdog. He's not as big and ferocious as some of Rhyela's other pets, so he feels like he has to always give 110% to prove himself. Rhyela doesn't feel that way, of course, she loves her companions no matter what. But, that doesn't stop him from trying. He's always so proud when he helps defeat an enemy, especially the bigger ones. Oh, and apparently he loves to skydive.
Attachments
Rhyela and Martin Skydiving.png
Rhyela and Martin Skydiving.png (152.03 KiB) Viewed 2734 times

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I loove that sign.. soo cute !