Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 18: Shale Spiders!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 18: Shale Spiders!

Unread post by Wassa »

Former threads:
Moths - Warp Stalkers - Crocolisks - Monkeys - Wolves - Core Hounds - Wasps - Dragonhawks - Turtles - Boars - Carrion Birds - Bears - Serpents - Tallstriders - Worms - Dogs - Ravagers

Random pet family appreciation thread is where I roll a random pet family every week for everyone to share their pictures, their stories, their love for that pet family. Please no hate or rants. This is an appreciation thread. If you dislike the family, don't post! Hopefully with some love we can get some hunters to try out new pets they never would have thought to tame before.

Our 18th family is the rocky shale spider family!

Squee!

Shale spider facts

~Shale spiders are one of the newest tameable families, introduced in Cataclysm. They were the only new exotic family introduced with this expansion as well.

~Shale spiders are the highest level tameable family in game. A hunter cannot tame one until level 82.

~Shale spiders have four different skins.

~Shale spiders have one rare, Jadefang which is also a unique skinned named member of the family.

~Shale spiders attack with bite, yet they have no teeth or any mouth for that matter.

~Shale spiders are the only pets that can cover the Mark of the Wild/Blessing of Kings buff if you are missing it in your group with their exotic ability, Embrace of the Shale Spider.

~Jadefang drops a Tiny Shale Spider minipet. If you want a matching pet and minipet, you will need to find Jadefang twice.

~Maybe a more adequate name for shale spiders would be shale crabs, since they share the same basic model design and animations of WoW crabs.

~Shale spiders are well known for their loud "squeeing" noises. Because of this, shale spiders are nicknamed "squee spiders" by some players.

~Deep Spiders come in three different colors, but are all different NPCIDs so they do not color change. This is the only way to get a yellow colored shale spider as well.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 18: Shale Spiders!

Unread post by Ana »

Woot shale spides.

Since they became tameable i always found them extremly cute. However i have had a hard time bonding with them.. THat is until i saw Jadefang on my boozethemed huntress.
First time i saw her i killed her for the minipet, then i just sat in the spawnplace until she spawned for me as a pet. Took quite some time but im happy this little cutie and her offspring is a part of my stable :D

I´ve falling in love with the white reskin that Wain did and if a white shale spider should ever enter the game i think it would find a permenent home in Tårnfalks stable.. I have been thinking of having a lovely shale spider for tårnfalk.. Maybe its time to try and reconnect again :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Yay squee spiders! :D

I love shale spiders and think they have a lot of unique personality to them, although I can see where people come from in that they don't look as much like a hunter pet as most of our other pet families do.

My current squee spider resides with Rosaliah and her name is Gem.
Gem doesn't always see a ton of use, but she's protective and motherly of Rose and does her best to keep the young hunter out of harm. I had never really bonded with the red version of the skin until I tamed one on Rose, but I think it's a perfect match.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

I would love one of Wian's re-skins of them. The colors in game....neh. I do have the Jadefang mini-pet (it's cute!) But, I would love to have a re-skin of them.

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Tobei
Realm: Azuremyst EU

Unread post by Tobei »

I adored shale spiders (Squeeeee :D) from the beginning of cata! :D I loooove the noise they make. :D I was sad when i found they were exotic, being a main spec marksman D: i do however have a little yellow shale in my stable, named Boris. He is awesome. :D <3
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I really like shale spiders. I think the model is very pretty and the sounds cute, but somehow I haven't been able to bond with one properly.
Last edited by Mozag on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The only time I've ever camped for a tameable rare was Jadefang and that was not to tame it I wanted the Mini pet :lol:
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

They do too have teeth! See those stone fangs below their eyes? :<
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Dont forget that Jadefang drops a minipet of herself!!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Ziarre wrote:They do too have teeth! See those stone fangs below their eyes? :<
Since they borrow the crab skeleton and animations, I always saw those "fangs" as small arms. Now that you point it out they could be fangs, but they still have no mouth.
Xakaal wrote:Dont forget that Jadefang drops a minipet of herself!!
I already have this in the facts. Thanks.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I adore shale spiders. I find them to be very cute and incredibly fascinating! <3
Despite that, there's only one true love for me as far a shale spiders go. Jadefang is very special to me! <3
She was my second cata rare that I found. At first I wasn't sure about shale spiders, they were a bit odd to me, but I had to tame all of the rares (I was a rare fanatic at the time) so she had to be mine. I was so glad she was green. I'm pretty sure a bond wouldn't have formed if she wasn't. :P After seeing a friends tamed Jadefang, I was more convinced that I had to have her, so I started the camp.

It's possible I camped longer, but I only remember camping for two days.
At first it was terrible. I had this guy that would try to blast me out of her cave with those bombs from the daily. I was furious. I reported him to a GM, and even later when he apologized, I was still really angry at him. But after I had logged off for the night, at some point she spawned soon after and the guy killed her for her pet. :(

But the next day, I went back to my camp, and eventually she spawned! I had been spamming a macro that targeted her, shot at her, put down a trap, then casted tame beast, but I obviously wasn't spamming it at the time. XD So I imagine I freaked out. But once I... entered that last comment in guild chat I got her! It was an instant bond.

After I established a bond, I had to get her pet, so I think I took a small break, but then I went and camped again! With success! <3

Jadefang is very... well, she really likes being her. She's convinced that she is queen of the shale spiders, and you'd best watch out to say otherwise. ;) The only other beings she deeply cares for besides herself, are Mia and her baby. :P Touch either of those two, and she'll stab your eyes out. :lol:

But yes, she's glorious, and I absolutely love her. I haven't used her much since their run started being bugged, but I still love her to bits, and pray that the shale spiders run will be fixed soon!

"Soon."
Attachments
Jadefang All.png
Jadefang All.png (305.51 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
Jadefang Beauty.png
Jadefang Beauty.png (543.56 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
Jadefang Found.jpg
Jadefang Found.jpg (499.66 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
JadeFang Glory.jpg
JadeFang Glory.jpg (256.17 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
Jadefang Tamed.jpg
Jadefang Tamed.jpg (457.93 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
Jadefang Taming.jpg
Jadefang Taming.jpg (468.07 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
Jadefang.jpg
Jadefang.jpg (373.14 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
JadefangMama.png
JadefangMama.png (263.44 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
Jadefangs.png
Jadefangs.png (242.03 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
JadeFang Glory.jpg
JadeFang Glory.jpg (256.17 KiB) Viewed 2630 times

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr