Sylvi’s journal: what has 4 legs, eats brains & drops in icc

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: Sylvi’s journal EDIT: Vitreous Stone Drake!

Unread post by Royi »

Congrats! Maybe I'll try that Slabhide guy after that stupid Kaelthas drops his white chicken for me. Do you think he would be soloable with a Druid or a Pally too?

I like that look on that drake alot more than the Aeonaxx drop.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Most def @ soling with drood/pally on slabhide
ImageImage
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Oh yeah easy solo. I think any class could do it but I would probably pick a druid so you can skip some trash. What I did was nuke millhouse until he ran, fd so the mobs reset, camo to the last pack of mobs and kill all of them. (Kill the guy who turns into an ele first.) then nuke millhouse in the middle pack of mobs until he runs then FD again. Then I just camo’d through the tunnel and I was home free.
Your druid will probably have to kill all three packs of trash but he can skip the tunnel unlike a pally would. Just get rid of the gnome first so he cant fear then take down the ele, hes the most trouble. The boss fight itself is a walk in the park. My biggest problem was just the pillars blocking my los of my pet but even then slabhide couldn’t kill him. he nrops on normal so you can farm as much as you want.
I really like the way he looks too, nice crystal color. And good luck on getting your chicken!

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

SylviaDragon wrote:Oh yeah easy solo. I think any class could do it but I would probably pick a druid so you can skip some trash. What I did was nuke millhouse until he ran, fd so the mobs reset, camo to the last pack of mobs and kill all of them. (Kill the guy who turns into an ele first.) then nuke millhouse in the middle pack of mobs until he runs then FD again. Then I just camo’d through the tunnel and I was home free.
Your druid will probably have to kill all three packs of trash but he can skip the tunnel unlike a pally would. Just get rid of the gnome first so he cant fear then take down the ele, hes the most trouble. The boss fight itself is a walk in the park. My biggest problem was just the pillars blocking my los of my pet but even then slabhide couldn’t kill him. he nrops on normal so you can farm as much as you want.
I really like the way he looks too, nice crystal color. And good luck on getting your chicken!
Thanks for the tips :) I'll try these out tonight if I get a chance to play (probably once on each toon to see what one I can do the quickest, since this mount will be BOA it doesnt really matter to me who has it first)

That darn chicken! I'm up to I think 25 runs total amongst 4 characters (one's a 80 who takes a bit longer to clear through so I dont do it on her that much), at 85 I can get in and out in about 5 minutes. On the brightside I've gotten 4 Phoenix pets so far
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Dang that elusive chicken! O.o
I think I got mine in about 30-35 runs. I wasn’t really trying to get him so when I got him in a pug I wasn’t keeping track of my kills. The nice thing about that one is with the pet and orb, you will eventually walk away with something nice even if the mount doesn’t drop. The thing I wanted the most from that was the pet and it took 45 runs to get xD how messed up is that? Lol
*gives you a good luck sticker*

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

My chicken took 33 runs, 50+ and still no pet. :/
ImageImage
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

And my chicken run took 87 times with 8 phoenix hatchling drops... For Slabhide though a total of 201 runs before it dropped. I got so tired of that place :-)
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh gosh wow xD I started actually soloing normal mode on my 70 in hopes of getting the pet. It somehow decided to drop on the one run I took a friend and his buddy along with me. (Cant remember why they wanted to come.) and the friend of the friend won. >_> he didn’t even like it though so he let me have it. That bird just didn’t like me.
(And dang that’s a lot of slabhide kills. O.o its like me and the raven lord all over again. I feel for you.)

Just started soloing Slabhide’s cousin, Altarius. Another easy kill that only takes about 6-7 min a run. Tanking him with a spirit beast seems to work really well. 11 kills so far. I’m coming for you Altarius! :k

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

I guess with Panda right along the way, I can just play it easy and wait for level 90 (it would be even more of a joke then :) )
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

SylviaDragon wrote:Just started soloing Slabhide’s cousin, Altarius. Another easy kill that only takes about 6-7 min a run. Tanking him with a spirit beast seems to work really well. 11 kills so far. I’m coming for you Altarius! :k
That is the next one I am going for.. Just taking a small break. Still have to look up how to solo it... But I will be starting soon :-)
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

MASSIVE wall of text. Inc!

Well the TLPD camp has been nuts. For some reason the zone has been absolutely flooded for the past few days. I managed to make friends with a few of them but for the most part these people have been flat our rude. The zone was full of ninjas, campers who try to bully me out of my spot and many, many liars trying to get you to leave the zone. All week they waited, watched, and tried to push me out of my spot. Then slowly, one by one, they got bored and began to leave. Then comes Friday and I’m the only one in the zone.

Now here is a funny/spooky story….

I had this dream last night that I was in my usual spot, in a group with someone and worried the other person would roll on the mount. There was also a hunter looking for skoll. In the dream time-lost shows up right in front of me but I'm distracted and nearly miss the kill. I’m freaking out because I’m in a group and have to roll against someone in order to win it….then I wake up

So today I’m feeling really good about the camp. Time lost has spawned every Friday this past month and I’m all alone, playing a few card games to pass the time. Then someone shows up and I figure its another camper who wants my spot. I talk to him and it turns out he’s just a fellow hunter looking for skoll. I tell him I will let him know if I see anything. Then my friend Dethkiller asks me to make a raid group with him so he can go solo tk. I agree and continue my camping. I start to draw something and almost completely miss the massive dragon flying in front of me. had my headset on low and didn’t notice the giant Time lost staring me in the face until he was almost gone. I flip out, mount up, pop a slowfall and nuke him like there is no tomarrow. I roll need and since I’m all alone I win right away.
Turns out Deth had finished his mount run and had come to chill with me, just a few seconds flight from qualifying for the mount roll. I’m sure he wouldn’t have passed but the whole thing is rather… eerie. o.O crazy dreams. :|
Anyways we all had a mini party to celebrate. Image
The hunter saw him at the same time as me and he was actually kind enough (and honest enough) to point him out instead of trying to tag him himself. It really took me by surprise and was really refreshing after all the jerks I had to deal with this week. >.< I told him I would help him find his spirit beast.

So… After almost exactly one month and one week- I am done! Thank you guys for all the tips and Encouragement
:hug:

TLPD
Vyragosa seen: 16
dead TLPD seen: 6
time spent camping: 1 month 6 days
Hehe… he must have liked the poem I made him on the good luck thread ;)

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Re: Sylvi’s journal EDIT: No more time lost over this proto!

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Major grats!(: I'm glad you got him (and sorry you had to deal with so many nuisances).
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Ahhh I'm sorry that no one bought your Frostweave Cloth... :( :(

Thats what the post was about right?
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Yay grats! :D
ImageImage
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Didn't I say you'd get him? Didn't I? Yes I did. (: And I knew you would, I love dedicated campers like you who put in so much blood, sweat and tears into getting something they really want. Congrats!

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Now you can use a different luck charm! Good luck on your next endeavor missy. :)
ImageImage
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Bwahahaha royi xD thank you for your consolation. It helps me get through this time of pain. v.v

Thank you guys for all the encouragement you gave me! (you were right I did get him, eventually.) I had so many friends and guildies who camped and camped until they just gave up. I never really considered throwing in the towel but dang- snow is boring! >.<’
I tried to just do some light camping but I always end up getting obsessed and not moving until I get what I came for. Maybe I will go for Aeonaxx. But I have some other stuff to catch up on first.
*Runs off to change my luck charm.* mwahah.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well today was a nice day. Nothing too fancy. Found a camel figurine but it was just a dud. But now I know thy are out there…waiting….hmmmm…what to camp next….

In other news my friend V is playing horde at the moment so the quest for the red proto drake has been on hold until now. Today my friend Sqwurt got her volcanic stone drake and mentioned that she was going after the red proto next. So now I have a new partner in crime and hope to finish off the achievement list soon. =)
Have to say it was an awesome day for her. She had some catching up to do so I took her over to UP to get the achievements there and guess what dropped on her first run?
This is so many kinds of crazy. I thought she was just joking when she said it dropped. I have now seen this guy drop twice in under 16 runs and she got it on her first kill. Also ironically I am supposed to help a mage friend run this but he skipped out today. (he’s at 100+ runs too! >.<) oh well. Grats again to sqwurt! Hope to get some matching red protos soon. ;)
oh yes and raid reset tomarrow so its off to start the raid farm again. wish me luck! :D

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

That's some crazy luck right there.
ImageImage
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well I’m almost done with my molten front stuff. Just a few things away from finishing up all the achives. Got my locket and hippo last night. :) Image

Then I did some hots to finish off the last of the rep needed for my camels. These guys look so goofy! XD I must name them Noodle and Duncan. I snicker a bit every time I see their long spindly legs flail around.
Image Image