wow no low level porcupines?

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

wow no low level porcupines?

Unread post by Redith »

So all the quilled buggers are all over level 85. Im surprised by that. I figured they would throw some lower leveled ones in there somewhere...I mean sure they are for fite...but they all are more tough then any existing spirit beast Devilsaur or core hound lmao. I mean these guys are supposed to be on the bottom of the food chain
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: wow no low level porcupines?

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe they will yet. They haven't done a lot outside of Pandaria itself so far. Still plenty of time yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Ya I am also hoping they add the new non-exotic families to lower level areas. Porcupines would be great in forested areas like Silverpine and Duskwood. Goats in mountainous areas like Stonetalon and Badlands. Cranes maybe in Wetlands.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

Wassa wrote:Ya I am also hoping they add the new non-exotic families to lower level areas. Porcupines would be great in forested areas like Silverpine and Duskwood. Goats in mountainous areas like Stonetalon and Badlands. Cranes maybe in Wetlands.
This, exactly. Porcupines in the forests (Silverpine, Duskwood, Ashenvale, Felwood), Goats in the hills (Stonetalon, Desolace, Badlands, Redridge), Cranes in the marshlands and swamps (Wetlands, Swamp of Sorrows, Dustwallow). A nice distribution across both old-world areas. And change the Critter Rams to Beast Rams and make them tamable as Goats.

For Outland and Northrend, make Talbuks tamable as Goats, and add some Cranes in Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord. Bada-bing bada-boom.

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

They might consider it one of those, secluded species only here things...since the stuff in pandaria is a bit different. -shrug- xD
ImageImage
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Meggers wrote:They might consider it one of those, secluded species only here things...since the stuff in pandaria is a bit different. -shrug- xD
That's what I was thinking. I mean, just look at Zangarmarsh. You don't see sporebats or fen striders outside of that zone.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

i do have to echo the others for the zone specific creatures, however, id like them to at least give us more variety of these creatures in the wandering isle (panda turtle zone), like, by what im reading on petopia for the new families (didnt read the exotics since they wont be tameable by lvl 10 pandas), theres seriously only one crane color on the isle. One. Theres not even any low lvled MoP turtles, just the starter pet.

*note for all, ive only made it to lvl 4 on a panda so i havent explored anything beyond the ponds that turn you into animals, where the white cranes are first seen, im taking everything off what mania has put up on the petopia beast page*

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Taeliana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, US

Unread post by Taeliana »

I like that a lot of the new beasts are specific to Pandaria. It's like...Australia...or Madagascar. Someplace that has been cordoned off from the rest of the world and has developed its own, uniquely balanced eco system.

***PORCUPINE IS FOR FITE***

Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Masquerain »

It wouldn't really make sense. They're "never before seen" species outside of Pandaria, like waterstriders.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

While I could easily see porcupines in other zones, I'm not sure if they'd go back and implement new mobs in low level areas for that reason alone. When you think of past expansions, any new species introduced were usually restricted to the expansion zones. Cataclysm and the revamp of Azeroth was really the only time new creatures were put into old areas.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I think they would look out of place, graphically. Especially when seen with other older mobs in older zones. I would hope they stay in Pandaria. It will be hard enough putting a gorgeous tiger with my sadly under-polygoned dwarf.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

While it makes sense, I would just think overall it would be super strange for them to just pop in.

"Oh, hey. I've sekritly been here the whole time. *waggles magic fingers*" XD
ImageImage
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Meggers wrote:While it makes sense, I would just think overall it would be super strange for them to just pop in.

"Oh, hey. I've sekritly been here the whole time. *waggles magic fingers*" XD
Hey it happens. Invasive species pop up out of nowhere all the time. Maybe a few porcupines were stuck in the underfur of a yak and then the pandaran rode around they were dislodged and flourished.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Taeliana wrote:I like that a lot of the new beasts are specific to Pandaria. It's like...Australia...or Madagascar. Someplace that has been cordoned off from the rest of the world and has developed its own, uniquely balanced eco system.
Though it would be awesome if you could tame the Pandaria mobs at lower levels, I still think Taeliana has a pretty good point there.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

The only bad thing about panda hunters is they are thrown out of the start zone at 10 before ever being able to tame anything. I've not tried, but I guess you could avoid the final quest and see if you could find a trainer and learn to tame something before leaving but big if there.

It would be cool to see the pets in other areas outside Pandaria but not sure if they would do it. Like the others, too easy to say Pandaria was closed off by the mists so the animals ONLY show up there. *shrug* Could be wrong and we would eventually see some of them. It could be done since some pandas like touring the world (Chen? darn that empty keg you left) so could have had animals with them that populated outside Pandaria.

*shrug* Only time will tell.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

Teigan wrote:I think they would look out of place, graphically. Especially when seen with other older mobs in older zones. I would hope they stay in Pandaria. It will be hard enough putting a gorgeous tiger with my sadly under-polygoned dwarf.
The representatives of existing families not available until higher doesn't bother me. You can't swing a dead Gnome without hitting a Cat anywhere in Azeroth :lol: It's when you have to wait until you're in one of the expansions at a high level to even see, much less tame, the first reps of a pet family that annoy me. It's bad enough that I have to wait until I finish Outland to tame Exotic Beasts.

Quilen I can understand, they're uniquely Mists, along with the Water Striders (excepting the Outland ones, but they're a different genus of animal altogether). It's Goats that really bother me, with Rams in old world and Talbuks in Outland being perfectly viable members, but so far all we have are the new Mists models. Cranes in a lesser way, some could have left Pandaria after the concealing mists vanished and settled in other places.

And don't worry about your blocky Dwarf, they're the first race to get the new models :D Though it's been a few months since any mention of that little particular, has there been any news about how the models are coming along?