Retired mounts a possibility on the Black Market?

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Retired mounts a possibility on the Black Market?

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Based on what we've seen so far with the Black Market, Blizzard is using it as a way to restore old content through gold sinks, as well as extremely rare items/mounts. So if we're really going to trade the whole "spwecial snowfwake" crap out the window in return for cash, why not re-introduce Zulian Tiger, Amani, or ZG Raptor into it?

In my opinion, all for except the cat mount, there isn't a whole big difference between the re-done mounts except a simple re-color. While the two cats are different species. So in the end, these mounts can now show of two things: I has alot of gold, and I did the content way back in the day.

And really, those don't have much to argue about at this point. Blizz stated removing the availablility of certain items/mounts back in the day was a mistake that they hope never to do again. Considering they're starting somewhere with the Market along that path, what's the issue with bringing those mounts back, other than the common "I don't want other people to have this because then I won't feel as special literally riding around or standing in an area in a capital city to fill up my gamer ego." Well, that's the attitude I've assumed with those who I see with the mounts.

Any thoughts?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Retired mounts a possibility on the Black Market?

Unread post by Ziarre »

Maybe. It's a huge maybe, though. If they were going to do that, why not add the Naxx proto-drakes back to their meta-achievements? It would raise the same sort of hue and cry...and they'll have to draw the line as to how much outrage they want to risk somewhere.

And to be fair, the old ZG cat had armor, the new ZG cat does not--it's actually a close match to the old vanilla epic nightsaber sans saddle pad and harness.

http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/nightsaber.php
http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/swiftzulianpanther.php
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I hope they do reinstate every retired mount/pet. I'm a collector and idgaf if something I have had was made more common, more people to enjoy it.

I had farmed and farmed and farmed ZG with my BF to try and get myself the tiger and he the raptor. I also beat the content to hell and back when it was relevant and even far past relevance in vanilla/bc.

I want my kitty. :(
ImageImage
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I would so save up the gold if I could get some retired mounts.... god that'd be worth it.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

The only mounts you'll never see ther are the PVp ones, anything else is likely fair game.

The only one that I really want is Mimron's head, which while not retired, is hard enough to get now that it might as well be.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I often said there should've been a way to let players who got Exalted with Zandalari through the grind purchase their choice of the two mounts. Gold sinks are interesting; I'm not sure I like the idea of encouraging people to just spend days grinding crap (TLPD & Aeonaxx were mistakes imo, along with a good deal of vanilla content lol) but hey.

Stupid RNG! Anything that brings the mounts back is a good thing, I s'pose! :P

Too bad there's still no way to get the old PvP mounts back...
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

(I'm bitter about arena mounts ngl)
ImageImage
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

At least arena requires work rather than RNG.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah, I don't mind if it's an RNG mount, I think. I'd probably implode with DOWANTNAO if Firey Warhorse's Reins ever popped up, but that's more of a personal problem because fffs. I want that horse.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Black Qiraj Resonating Crystal for 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999 gold!
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Kalliope wrote:At least arena requires work rather than RNG.

HAhaha, I have a friend that got a season 2 arena mount by accident cause he joined a 2's team with a friend and played barely enough to be able to get it...he got carried so hard! XD
ImageImage
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Hmm... I like the idea of Retired mounts becoming available again.
But, and this is somewhat of a huge but, as long as it's only those that didn't require a ton of effort to get and were one of a kind things, such as PvP arena mounts, the RaF mounts (I do wish I could get a zhevra...) and mounts gotten via realm first stuff, like the black quiraji (which, again, I do want a lot...), just to keep those one of a kind mounts of extreme epicness stay. Stuff like the old epic riding mounts, and the naxx proto drakes shoudl totes be reintroduced. Although, I think the proto drakes should just be re-added to the achivement (and mailed again to those who have said achivement done)

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I so wish they would bring the original vanilla faction mounts... I could sell my soul for a palamino for my priest :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

The Black Market would be a good way for those of us who didn't ever have a chance at the mounts to get stuff. The only way I even knew the ZA bear existed was when it was mentioned to be getting retired. Never got to do the ZA raid as I only had a 55 when Wrath launched so I could make a dk. Naxx protos? Anyone got a name for those as I didn't know there were such things? Would love to see what they look like.

I'd probably never be able to buy the things but it would be nice to know if I ever got gold cap on someone I could use it to get a mount I never got a chance at because of not playing when it was current content.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Kerafirewing wrote:The Black Market would be a good way for those of us who didn't ever have a chance at the mounts to get stuff. The only way I even knew the ZA bear existed was when it was mentioned to be getting retired. Never got to do the ZA raid as I only had a 55 when Wrath launched so I could make a dk. Naxx protos? Anyone got a name for those as I didn't know there were such things? Would love to see what they look like.

I'd probably never be able to buy the things but it would be nice to know if I ever got gold cap on someone I could use it to get a mount I never got a chance at because of not playing when it was current content.
Plagued and Black Protodrakes

http://www.wowhead.com/item=44175

http://www.wowhead.com/item=44164

I would seriously die if they were added to the black market, id do whatever it took for em both

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:Black Qiraj Resonating Crystal for 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 999 gold!
Pretty sure this will never, ever happen. If it does, I'll eat my slice of humble pie, but that's how confident I am that it won't happen. It's a legendary, after all!
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Xakaal wrote: Plagued and Black Protodrakes
I would seriously die if they were added to the black market, id do whatever it took for em both

Errk! If they added these Proto to the BMAH, I think it would cry... Not because it's there, but because I would really really like one, and I doubt I would ever be able to afford what ever price it would be.

They are just very sexy imo.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Spiritbinder wrote: Errk! If they added these Proto to the BMAH, I think it would cry... Not because it's there, but because I would really really like one, and I doubt I would ever be able to afford what ever price it would be.

They are just very sexy imo.
I knooooooow right, id burst into joy and then into sadness and then denial, and then acceptance that i will probably never get one, but try anyways xD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

I still think they should re-add them to the cheevo. The old issue with them was that they granted a faster flightspeed ala-violet proto right?

I'm sure they can easily fix that.
ImageImage
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

The retired item I still want the most is the BRK-1000.

Beyond that, I'd like the Z tiger, but the mount I want most is Mimron's head. That's what I'll spend all my money on.
Account has been closed at user's request.