MoP Release Date

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: MoP Release Date

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

This makes no sense. Brewfest should be a level 85 boss this year. Hopefully the CM was mistaken.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Pfffffffft--- this means I actually have to rush my way through four levels.. Oh well.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

GormanGhaste wrote:This makes no sense. Brewfest should be a level 85 boss this year. Hopefully the CM was mistaken.
Well, as I mentioned in the "To-Do" topic, I guess I'll be making it a priority to get as many toons to 89 as possible since they're going to have him drop Level 90 trinkets. Raid Finder and Heroic gearing can wait if that's going to be the case. I can't say I'm fully surprised by Blizzard's move on this, I did see Level 90 versions of Coren's loot table awhile back on Wowhead, I just didn't think they would implement it this year.
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

I have to say, I'm rather annoyed about this. I missed out on Brewfest entirely last year, as it's on when college resumes, but I was really hoping this year that I could perhaps have a crack at the mounts. Even if I did have the time to blitz my way to 89, I would not do it; I like being able to experience content and explore, and with additional time contraints this year, I don't know if I'll even be at 89 for Winter Veil.

I am really surprised that they are doing this so early in the expac. Hallow's End, likely (sadly, curse you Headless Horseman!), Winter Veil, almost certainly, but Brewfest will already be running when MoP hits. That just seems a bit unfair to me.

Next year, Coren, next year...
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

Yep, it's not fair at all. Do they realise that a lot of us don't actually want to rush through the levels and want to actually, say, experience the content they put in for us? Not to mention how busy some of us will be, I'll have just started university, I won't have time to rush through levels even if I wanted to. Hrmph. That's just silly. I hope they change this up.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I Don't want to rush through leveling :( Nor should we feel forced to level and skim content just for a holiday boss that should be available to the majority, and not a select few...I really hope they re think this.

Though they did amend in the second bit that it could change...which I hope it does.

...Not sure if anyone already made a post about it on the Us forums, but I made one: HERE
Last edited by Makoes on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I guess the blue post was trying to remind us there's more to the Brewfest holiday than 'queue for Coren' but...still seems a bit painful. I'm not sure what the logistics of postponing a holiday would be, though...it may be difficult enough to make it a non-option. This may also be why they're intending to keep the level the same for the entire event. Postponing the release date, unless it's neccessary, is also a non-option--I can just imagine the hordes of people screaming at that.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

A lot of people have already done the other achievements and events involved in Brewfest though and might just be missing a mount or two from the boss. :/

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying they're pointing out there's more to the event than that, that you'll be able to access without MoP being released. I'm also saying that it's not something they can easily fix with a release date announced.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

The expansion is actually coming out a day after I go back to college.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Chrizesu wrote:The expansion is actually coming out a day after I go back to college.
Yep, it comes out a day after I start university. AKA. Free time over. Wonderful timing Blizzard! I was honestly hoping for a November/December release.

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Can I level all the way to 90 if I want to, or do I have to stop at 89 to be able to do Coren? Not that I'd need to, I'll get the mounts from my alts, I have both on two separate alts, but..

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

Whelp this sucks If they go ahead with the whole, "lvl to 90 to even do the dungeon, right in the middle of the event."
No ram for me this year I quess. :cry:
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Forget shooting through the levelling, I'm taking my time. I'll just get the pink elephant, and worry about the kodo next year.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Blizz has been striving as of late to make us go through the zones slowly to buy them time between patches and to have us experience the world they've created for us. To raise the level on Coren right now.. thats bull. They're being complete hypocrites here >_> Nor is it in any way fun for the people who want to enjoy the expac on their first trip to Pandaria and have a chance at the holiday mounts which both should be allowed! School's already started for those in ordinary school, as some of you are saying, your semesters have already begun or are about to begin, its seriously almost a week into Brewfest which only lasts for 2 weeks and a couple days.

Def posting this in that thread of yours, Makoes

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

While I hope they add an additional week to take some of the pressure off, I also hope they don't go back to lvl 359 gear on it which would of course be useless. The challenge for them is that the progression-minded people will be pushing, and this gear certainly will be of value to them. However, for most classes, it is just one trinket that will be useful.

Adding another week certainly would be the best solution...

I'll try to get my hunter there... but.. I'm tempted to try to push my shammy to 89 first, in order to get the upgraded tankards.. I need to decide if I want him to be enhance or not.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Miyon wrote:Can I level all the way to 90 if I want to, or do I have to stop at 89 to be able to do Coren? Not that I'd need to, I'll get the mounts from my alts, I have both on two separate alts, but..
They said you'll have to be level 89 for Coren. I can see the hard cores rushing to 89 now, then bitching about how everyone sucks because they get in groups with mostly other 89's with the same idea and little to no 90's to help carry them.

Slickrock wrote:While I hope they add an additional week to take some of the pressure off, I also hope they don't go back to lvl 359 gear on it which would of course be useless. The challenge for them is that the progression-minded people will be pushing, and this gear certainly will be of value to them. However, for most classes, it is just one trinket that will be useful.
I can see them either keeping him as a level 85 boss and not raising him to 90 this year, or bumping him up to a level 90 boss with no extensions to Brewfest. Why? Because they want to keep the amount of people going for loot pinata's limited. The trinkets and tankards may not be Best in Slot for MoP, but they are readily available and make for a pretty nice start. Not to mention Trinkets are perhaps the hardest slots to get upgrades for, so some of those getting them might be using them awhile.
Slickrock wrote:Adding another week certainly would be the best solution...
Like I said above, I just can't see it happening unless Blizzard decides to be extra generous. Besides, as soon as Brewfest is over, you have like a 1 week break before Hallows End starts. If they make an exception for Brewfest, they'll have to deal with cries for an extension for Hallows End from those who take it slow as well, with slow being a relative term depending on who you ask.
Slickrock wrote:I'll try to get my hunter there... but.. I'm tempted to try to push my shammy to 89 first, in order to get the upgraded tankards.. I need to decide if I want him to be enhance or not.
I went back and looked at the datamined stuff so far, and noticed something peculiar: There are no new listings for the Tankard or Shanker that you could get from previous years. Oddly, the Horseman's Pumpkin sword is in the database (and is also one-handed now instead of main hand), but I couldn't find the Brewfest weapons. Maybe someone else wants to look, but it may be that they aren't going to drop this year.
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

Blizzard could just make 2 level Brackets for the dungeon like, 85-87 and 88-90.
Something like that, It should be possible for them to just do that.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/230826-brewfest/

Looks like we get some mercy with Brewfest, as it gets pushed by one week.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

They're pushing it FORWARD?! Are they stupid?! They should push it backwards if anything at all, now I'm going to have no chance at all of doing the boss even a few times before MoP comes out. Why do they need to update it this year anyway? As if anyone cares for some easily replaceable trinkets. Just keep the damn thing at level 85 for the bloody year.

GG Blizz. /facedesk.