Where The Wild Things Are (MoP rare information)

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Where The Wild Things Are (MoP rare information)

Unread post by Quiv »

Bluefire wrote:I found a decent line of tracks for Paza and was able to follow it even after a good strecth without tracks from Halfhill all the way to the heartland and headed up towards the singing marshes before I lost the tracks compleatly *sadface*
did you by chance take any screenshots of the track locations? im trying to build a map and i cant even get a lead on the dumb thing lol
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Okay, I JUST caught Savage, here are my tips and tricks:

First - Savages tracks ARE backwards. So you need to bear that in mind

Second - It can take DAYS to get one of these pets, they dont exactly make it obvious if the tracks are old or not.

Third - BE PREPARED. These ARE Elites, Savage hits for about 10-30k a hit. So BE CAREFUL. You can die, even at level 90 from these.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

Lazurianis wrote:Third - BE PREPARED. These ARE Elites, Savage hits for about 10-30k a hit. So BE CAREFUL. You can die, even at level 90 from these.
But you can trap him, right? I wanna try and get him at level 85 on live.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Lazurianis wrote:Okay, I JUST caught Savage, here are my tips and tricks:

First - Savages tracks ARE backwards. So you need to bear that in mind

Second - It can take DAYS to get one of these pets, they dont exactly make it obvious if the tracks are old or not.

Third - BE PREPARED. These ARE Elites, Savage hits for about 10-30k a hit. So BE CAREFUL. You can die, even at level 90 from these.
Addressing the points in order:

1) Not all of Savage's tracks are backwards. He is a very confusing cat.
2) Yes, it can take days to track down one of these pets, but you won't be seeing the same tracks that entire time. Old tracks despawn after a while, though the exact amount of time has not yet been pinpointed.
3) I have straight-tamed the sub-90 beasts at 89 and been completely fine. If you are dying to the pets at level 90, you either weren't at full health, were wearing level 85 gear, weren't prompt in starting your tame, or some combination of the above. That said, 85s fresh to Pandaria should definitely use freeze traps.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Lazurianis wrote:Okay, I JUST caught Savage, here are my tips and tricks:
I tamed him with my level 85 I had copied over from live. She doesn't have any gear from MOP yet, is level 85 and I tamed without freezing trap, only with deterrence. He didn't even steal 10% of my hp, although I don't have the glyph of reduced taming speed (it was normal taming for me). So any level 90 who dies to a level 85 elite while taming did something terribly wrong..... This cat doesn't even interrupt your tame so you have to start new. Just hit deterrence and tame - easy peasy.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I lost Mr.crane again but he did go into the marsh area which was interesting, finding his tracks are really hard. They dont stick out so much like the other ones and are tiny.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

Quivering wrote:
Bluefire wrote:I found a decent line of tracks for Paza and was able to follow it even after a good strecth without tracks from Halfhill all the way to the heartland and headed up towards the singing marshes before I lost the tracks compleatly *sadface*
did you by chance take any screenshots of the track locations? im trying to build a map and i cant even get a lead on the dumb thing lol
I'm afraid I dident think to I was just so exited to have even found his tracks at all especially since it was raining in the zone and laggy when I found them If I find them again I will rememeber to screen cap them.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Bluefire wrote:I was just so exited to have even found his tracks at all especially since it was raining in the zone
... This part made me think... Imagine if, when raining in the zone, the tracks disappeared faster? Oh god what a pain in the ass that would be. It would make sense, but so annoying! :lol:

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

If I can flare the crane, I am going to mark it and just follow it to get a map. Wont have to worry about tracks then :D

If I can flare it -_-
Kalliope

Quivering wrote:If I can flare the crane, I am going to mark it and just follow it to get a map. Wont have to worry about tracks then :D

If I can flare it -_-
Except you DO need to worry about tracks, since you need to find the bird in the first place. This is why maps are not entirely helpful for this - it doesn't matter if you know the beast's entire pathing if you can't see the tracks and don't know where on the path they are. ;)

YouTube Edition

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Kalliope wrote:
Quivering wrote:If I can flare the crane, I am going to mark it and just follow it to get a map. Wont have to worry about tracks then :D

If I can flare it -_-
Except you DO need to worry about tracks, since you need to find the bird in the first place. This is why maps are not entirely helpful for this - it doesn't matter if you know the beast's entire pathing if you can't see the tracks and don't know where on the path they are. ;)
Oh right, i meant once I mark him, I will just follow the bird around, not the tracks. finding him requires tracking for sure, but once marked, Ill just follow his sassy feathers
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Kalliope wrote:

If I can flare it -_-
Unless you have the map and are very persistent... Chain flair FTW? :lol:

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

You have to wonder what players of other classes think we are doing, a bunch of hunters standing around randomly flaring :lol:

Probably think we've all collectively lost our minds
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

"Are they testing their new Fireworks glyph?" "Wow it must really stink if they all just fall to the ground..."
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I can see this impression being given, especially since an astounding number of players don't check MMO-Champion or any other WoW news site and instead rely on trade chat or guildies.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Well I got tracks on Pat and while he gave me the slip, I learned something irritating.

His tracks can float on flat(ish) ground. He also crosses the stream. Got a tiny part mapped out anyway ><

Kalliope

This is a really really really REALLY rough map of Patrannache's covered areas. This is by no means completely accurate, just enough to give a general idea of where he goes. Someone will need to make a more refined version for the official records, but hopefully this will be enough to get the path more accurate.

Many thanks to Caelan, who was the one who found and tracked him; I was just along for the ride.
Attachments
patrannache.jpg
patrannache.jpg (269.41 KiB) Viewed 2345 times

YouTube Edition

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Kalliope wrote:This is a really really really REALLY rough map of Patrannache's covered areas. This is by no means completely accurate, just enough to give a general idea of where he goes. Someone will need to make a more refined version for the official records, but hopefully this will be enough to get the path more accurate.

Many thanks to Caelan, who was the one who found and tracked him; I was just along for the ride.
I followed his tracks across the stream. You can see from the map, stream 1 picture I am west of the stream. stream 2, I am east of it. I found a few more in the logical directions he was facing, both east and west.

Maybe he has two paths? Dear god i Hope not oO
Attachments
stream 1.jpg
stream 1.jpg (514.72 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
stream 2.jpg
stream 2.jpg (647.34 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
Kalliope

Quivering wrote:
Kalliope wrote:This is a really really really REALLY rough map of Patrannache's covered areas. This is by no means completely accurate, just enough to give a general idea of where he goes. Someone will need to make a more refined version for the official records, but hopefully this will be enough to get the path more accurate.

I followed his tracks across the stream. You can see from the map, stream 1 picture I am west of the stream. stream 2, I am east of it. I found a few more in the logical directions he was facing, both east and west.

Maybe he has two paths? Dear god i Hope not oO
Ha, no! That's the part of my map that I know isn't accurate. You've got the right stuff (and the screenshots to prove it); I just wanted to give a ballpark idea of the western end of the path. He walked DIRECTLY through Darkhide at one point. :| Troll bird.

YouTube Edition

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

This is the map I'm working on. It's a bit different, but I have tracked him along the non-dashed lines, just the tracks, I didn't manage to flare him up so it's not as accurate as flaring, but it's the general way he went.
Attachments
patrannache-presumed.jpg
patrannache-presumed.jpg (119.05 KiB) Viewed 2345 times