How "Soloable" are Cata Heroics at 90?

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

How "Soloable" are Cata Heroics at 90?

Unread post by Sigrah »

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, I could not find it in the search engine. How "soloable" are cata heroics going to be for level 90's, if at all? I'm particularly interested in the archeology bosses of ZG since I can't find anyone that wants to do them now in the dungeon finder, but would also like to get an overall feeling of them since I intend to go back and grind cata reps on my future Monk at some point.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: How "Soloable" are Cata Heroics at 90?

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Pretty easy I bet...I can just about solo heroics by myself already (I've tanked one of the HoT bosses before and done ZG partly solo). I'm pretty sure it'll be cakewalk at 90school on all of them for the most part, like LK ones are now.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Once I recover from all of this pet tracking, I intend to visit ZA and see what I can pull off. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Hmm... how soloable, if at all, are the 10 man normal raids? I want that Drake of the South Wind...
It's possible we simply don't have the gear for it: but I've watched videos of people soloing Ulduar 10 man on normal mode, in Patch 4.2.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Well, given that I have personally soloed Zanzil and 3 out of 4 Archaeology bosses in Zul'Gurub on live, I would say that every dungeon boss will be solo-able, as long as mechanics allow (Anhuur). I also guess that some 10 man normal raid encounters can be soloed, for example Al'Akir will probably be killed quite quickly, as based on my quick (and I really mean quick) research his damage can be outhealed with Spirit Bond (if you avoid all damage you can), and he requires only 45k DPS (when you ignore Stormlings), while I have heard that DPS in MoP will be closer to 60k.

In short: Everything will be solo-able unless mechanics require more people or something, and pet-damage/AoE won't be crazy.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I think throne needs people for mechanics though...don't think you can solo it.
ImageImage
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I know at level 85, I can solo all Northrend heroics (save for ToC) so I have to assume that at 90, in similarly 'raid level' gear, it should be possible to solo all 85 content. Unless they are *way* harder, or the stat curve is *way* shallower. Raids.... I'll let raiders answer that one. ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Meggers wrote:I think throne needs people for mechanics though...don't think you can solo it.
Well, Council won't be solo-able of course, but I think that Al'Akir himself will be quite easy. We will see.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Stonecore was easily soloed at 90. I am in full pvp gear, unenchanted, no gems. ilvl 482, with a turtle. I did obey mechanics, and camouflaged past most trash.

Off to try an hour of twilight heroic.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I saw some videos of a hunter soloing heroic ZA at 85, so I assume it will be easy to solo those heroics at 90.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

OK well End Time solo as a hunter.

First was Tyrande (ugh). I made it through the darkness OK, but it was rough at times. Lots of stopping and misdirecting, feign deathing. More annoying than anything. Tyrande herself was weird though. She wouldn't attack my pet, she would focus me, no matter how far away I ran. To much damage to take directly, so I hid behind a tree and basically Kill Commanded her. When she did tears of Elune, i just dodged them, and when she was around 300k, I ran out and finished so my pet didnt do all the work (i tagged a little at start to). Easy once I LOS'd her.

Then it was Sylvanus. I skipped trash because it was too much for turtle (I could cc but nah). Sylvanus herself was also interesting. I had to duck in and out because she would keep hitting me pretty strong with her abilities. I would feign death for some time to. She got my pet kinda low but I was able to heal up during zombie circle phase. Ducking in and out, and healing up during zombie phase I was able to kill her.

Murozond trash was rough, I had to CC and even then it was hard. Murozond himself PLOWED through my pet, hitting him for 85 - 120k. Stampede caused him to turn a lot (no pets had growl on except pet I was using), and I got hit and tail swept and everything, a mess. Hourglass did not reset Stampede.

My strategies are fly by the seat of your pants though, I was just curious about the damage output.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

What about the raptor boss in zg? Just wondering about the one shot mechanic, sometimes a hunter and his pet count as two so if hunter gets one shotted it'll suck.. im hoping its not the case but it could happen.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Yeah the raptor boss in ZA is not soloable. As soon as you die (and you do due to that mechanic), your pet despawns, boss resets. You dont even get a ghost rez :(

Maybe 2 mannable, I dont know, but the problem is if you die, whoever you are with has to deal with him until you are able to rez, call the pet back out, and get threat again.
Kalliope

Quivering wrote:Yeah the raptor boss in ZG is not soloable. As soon as you die (and you do due to that mechanic), your pet despawns, boss resets. You dont even get a ghost rez :(

Maybe 2 mannable, I dont know, but the problem is if you die, whoever you are with has to deal with him until you are able to rez, call the pet back out, and get threat again.
FTFY. :D

That's true; the charge/instadeath thing would make him impossible to solo.

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Sigh.. the one mount I really want to. And the one my dice really sucks on lol.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Well... I know that Mandokir doesn't even really hurt that much when it comes to melee hits. Every time I heal his fight I'm worrying about the DPS and myself instead of the tank. So if you could keep aggro on him and maybe have a spirit beast with you not taunting, it might work. Just depends how hard he hits.
Because as far as I know, he doesn't one-hit the tank? And I know he doesn't one-hit pets. I honestly don't know. I'm probably wrong, rofl.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Kalliope

Ooh, that's right. He doesn't target the tank for insta-kill.

YouTube Edition

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Yes it is ZG isnt it :oops:

Well it is worth a shot. Also maybe let the pet do the work, and stay FD the entire time. I wonder if his charge can be LOS? MUST TRY FOR SCIENCE

I dont know what is with me and ZG cat mounts. I got the tiger and panther, but despite trying for a lonnggggg time for old ZG raptor, nada, and ive not seen the red one drop. Hopefully this works because I want it.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

LOL well... yeah no, not gonna happen.

Attempt 1: Cant LOS, the doors close -_-

Attempt 2: Sent pet in, I hit Feign death. A spirit best with spirit bond and using cower MIGHT be able to live through the damage (with the SB heal) but its a moot point. He Decapitates you through FD.

Attempt 3: Me tanking the boss. I was taking 20kish every few seconds but even though I was his primary target (tried with and without pet), he still Decapitated me.