Beware low-priced high ticket items

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Beware low-priced high ticket items

Unread post by Kalliope »

There is a high chance that they might be duplicated.

http://www.powerwordgold.net/2012/08/st ... -item.html

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Beware low-priced high ticket items

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That does not mean all cheapish ones are fake right? Because I've seen cheapish mounts on my AH but they have only been single things.
Kalliope

It's hard to tell. The sellers might be smarter or they might be reselling mounts that they snagged at a low price.....or they might be people who snagged the items legitimately and got caught in the crossfire of dropping prices. Unfortunately, that's up to Blizzard to figure out.

YouTube Edition

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Hmmm yeah true. There was a Seahorse for 60K a few months back about 10K-20K cheaper than what they most of the time are. I'm kicking myself that I forgot to bid on it :lol:
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Damn. I hope my deathcharger isn't a product of that.. I bought mine many, many months ago. There were three at the ah at the time, ranging fro. 50k to 90k I think, and I grabbed the cheapest one. I kept it in my bank for a month before I learned it, as I hadn't been certain whether I should resell when the prices rose, or learn it. If I hadn't bought it, I would have done the quest chain on my paladin to get one. I still will do the chain. Legal money is nom.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Kalliope

A few months ago, you should be okay, at least according to that link in the first post. But within the past month or so, it's probably an issue.

YouTube Edition

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Eep.. I bought a Deathcharger for 33k back in April... Sure the signs are pointing at the exploit not surfacing until later, but could it be possible it was around back then, just not common enough knowledge to affect the economies this much?

Edit: Reading the comments on Vial of the Sands on Wowhead, people are mentioning duping the mats as early as in February.
Kalliope

Ugh, that's bad news then. Guess it's just gotten spread around to the point that the people who don't care about covering their tracks have the info.

YouTube Edition

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

What will happen to people buying dupped items via AH? My guild mate bought a Deathcharger for 25k couple days ago and didn't know anything.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I don' think that Blizz will do anything to those, who bought stuff.
How can you possibly know that someone duplicated that item?
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Kalliope wrote:Ugh, that's bad news then. Guess it's just gotten spread around to the point that the people who don't care about covering their tracks have the info.
That's what I thought, yeah. It just makes sense that it took a few months before it spiralled out of control and became this obvious. Could be they've also come up with easier ways of doing it.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

I was seeing someone on my server advertising a Deathcharger for 15K last night. And all I could think was that "Wow, is Shadowmourne that easy to complete now?" Took forever when we raided ICC. I bought our Shadowmourne-user's Sylvanas Music Box back then. Some other guy in our guild was so hard-pressed about buying that horse. I was like... ehhh whatever, I want my singing banshees. :3

My boyfriend mentioned duping, so seeing this today kinda makes it all click for me now.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2168 ... e-channel/

So if you see something that's an amazingly good deal (and there's dozens on the AH), don't buy it. Report it and explain that you're concerned that someone is duping and let them (maybe) look into it. So far I haven't heard of anything being done about duped mounts, but I doubt they'll let it go on forever.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I've seen topics and videos for duping items in WoW for quite a while now. Blizzard does fix them but exploiters do find new ways to dupe items. I've heard of people having their Deathcharger or Spectral Tiger that they got cheap deleted from their inventory/mount list with no refund of the gold once the exploiter was caught, so do be careful when buying these deals that might be too good to be true. GMs will not give your gold back.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I guess that could explain the massive influx of vial of the sands that hit AH a few weeks back that were being sold for 5-10k cheaper then the cost of making one instead of the usual 40-60k. I almost bought one for a friend too. Guess this is also why a former arena partner has 3 death chargers on the ah. =/

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

What I heard, regarding the bug with it, is there was something they could do to repeat the quest over and over getting the box of goodies. Check to see if the other items are on there too, I know the tabard almost sold for as much as the mount on my server... But then there is also the other deal with things are going lower right now because its the end of the expansion and everyone wants money for BMAH etc. I do agree tho, 15k and less is pretty darn bad.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It was amusing that original article took the angle that it's terrible because it lowers prices and is bad for people who like to sell high. That's an angle I have a bit of trouble really sympathizing with, not being a power AH player. But if it's cheating it's cheating.

Remember not to get too paranoid, though. This is the end of an expansion, when people get bored and grind old stuff. So an increase in cheap items on the AH could be from that as well.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

Prizes of everything has dropped on my server after diablo 3 and the DS patch going on forever. More people might be very wel geared and getting shadowmournes, especially now that there is very little to do. Just something to think about. Personally I got one for 25k some months ago, but I'm on a very high pop server. I also managed to farm 137k and bought a giant chicken yesterday. With mop I'll have chickens on all my characters!!!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Well, the original article is on a gold-making site. Makes sense they'd take issue with that aspect.

They can check things that we might not think of to check, particularly account activity. If a bunch of Deathchargers show up on a character without being mailed or earned more than once...well. /has no clue how duping is done, lol
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Kalliope

Yeah, that may not have been the best source site to pull from for that reason, but you've gotta figure that they're more concerned about such things there than we are. ;) Hence sourcing for accuracy. :)

YouTube Edition