Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: More hunter nerfs coming... sigh...

Unread post by Maizou »

... What the hell?

They just buffed Arcane Shot.

Old: Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes 75% weapon damage plus 1,309 as Arcane damage.

New: 100% weapon damage plus 2,306 as Arcane damage.

It's like they can't make up their freaking minds. Lol.

Apparently Aspects have a 1 second cooldown now. >_>

And Kill Shot now deals 420% (lol) damage instead of 300%.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Well it makes sense that arcane shot was buffed, before auto shots were doing more damage then arcane shots lol. And kill shot was a pretty weak execute compared to other classes execute.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Myzou wrote:It's like they can't make up their freaking minds. Lol.
That is how balance works. ;) Numbers go down and are readjusted up, and vice-versa.

It's not unexpected. ^_^

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

If something is tweaked too far one way, they'll tweak it back the other way.

They removed the Aspect cooldowns...I think because they're considering putting Aspects on the GCD to keep people from macroing them for 'stance-dance' hijinks?
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

I wish they'd remember that the said they were gonna remove Aspect of the Daze back at Blizzcon. Sadface.
Glyphing to get rid of it is one thing, but I remember that Pack was going to be changed into something like Stampeding Roar.

Blargh.

But hey, anyway, here comes the re-tweaking.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

That was Blizzcon. Things change, you know? If they find a reason not to make that change and to let you glyph off the daze instead, then they'll do that.

And a note for those posting on Beta forums!
A new beta build is going up soon that has damage nerfs for many classes and specs in order to hit our target goals. Predictably, this has led to many posts of what I would generously characterize as light on useful feedback.

Here is how to prevent your posts from falling on deaf developer ears:

- Tell us how much damage you were doing before.
- Tell us how much damage you are doing now.
- Tell us how much damage you think you should be doing.
- Tell us who is beating you.
And for the love of ponies don't quote/link SimCraft. They've had to tell people so many times that sims aren't useful, and been ignored, that they'll flat delete that kind of post.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

At least they buffed Arcane.. that should help.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

So many people are not happy about the gcd thing for aspects. I for one really do not like aspect dancing at all..

Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Kalliope wrote:
Myzou wrote:It's like they can't make up their freaking minds. Lol.
That is how balance works. ;) Numbers go down and are readjusted up, and vice-versa.

It's not unexpected. ^_^

Yes and no. What needs to be done is small adjustments down..not take the legs out of her. Its been the same thing for years, its good its happening on beta and I hope it will never occur live again...but i have yet to see a expansion that one spec don't get hit hard coming out of the gates.

And it appears our numbers have been tweaked back up a bit see the last build on mmo-champion.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Being habitually BM, the buff to arcane is right up my alley, since aside from KC (and its much longer CD), this is the button I mash most. It's already pretty potent with the proc that gives you three AS for free... it brings a bit of Surv's LnL to BM and makes things surprisingly more interesting.

I don't feel particularly wimpy when it comes to damage. I HAVE noticed, however, that either mobs in the leveling experience are a little overtuned, or they've made almost everyone in a DPS role into a lot more of a glass cannon than they are on live. My poor paladin struggles to handle two mobs without dying, I have to spam mend pet constantly to keep my pets from being steamrollered... it just feels like ERRTHANG in the beta hits like a truck. And I can't even hedge my tenac-tank pets tougher because you can't alter their talents specifically anymore. Has anyone else noticed this?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Nachtwulf wrote:I don't feel particularly wimpy when it comes to damage. I HAVE noticed, however, that either mobs in the leveling experience are a little overtuned, or they've made almost everyone in a DPS role into a lot more of a glass cannon than they are on live. My poor paladin struggles to handle two mobs without dying, I have to spam mend pet constantly to keep my pets from being steamrollered... it just feels like ERRTHANG in the beta hits like a truck. And I can't even hedge my tenac-tank pets tougher because you can't alter their talents specifically anymore. Has anyone else noticed this?
My boyfriend leveled his paladin as ret in beta and he said pretty much the exact same thing, that everything in questing just seems way over-tuned. He could barely take on 2 mobs at once, which was a very common occurrence.
I don't really remember my leveling experience since I had done it a few months ago, but needless to say we'll be questing together once the expansion is released.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

Yes and no. What needs to be done is small adjustments down..not take the legs out of her. Its been the same thing for years, its good its happening on beta and I hope it will never occur live again...but i have yet to see a expansion that one spec don't get hit hard coming out of the gates.
I can see what they're trying to do, I think...it's something like a binary search algorithm.

Let's say they want the final build to do 100k DPS. They release one build, and it does 120k. Too much! So they nerf everything to the ground and it does 85k. Not enough! But now they (hopefully) know how sensitive the final DPS is to changes in the damage coeffeicients, so their third iteration should (again, hopefully) be close to their target.

Or think about looking for a number in a phone book. If you're looking for John's Bait and Tackle but open the book at Dean's Pizza, you don't flip one page at a time until you reach 'J'; you grab a fistfull of pages and turn to the back. Sure, you might land at Roger's Plumbing Supplies, but at least you have an idea of how far you overshot.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

To me though, that's how mobs SHOULD be! They should be tough, challenging, and we shouldn't be able to just yank a bunch over and kill them without breaking a sweat. Especially while leveling! We've become so accustomed to just face-rolling everything that suddenly when faced with a challenge, the mob is viewed as "overtuned".

We need to be kept on our toes while leveling, we need to pay attention to whats going on. All this babying with mobs and fast leveling has left wow saturated with so many people that don't know F'all about anything. About time they made people sink or swim again!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

I beg to differ, considering we cant fly away if we get into trouble until lvl 90 getting facerolled by two mobs would suck. Being stuck on the same quest cause of brutal respawns who wtf pwn you not my idea of a good time lol. Make the bosses epic but dont make the itty bitty normal quest mobs and suck.. its like bc all over again :lol: when the trash was what killed you not the boss. I keep hearing that tank pets really cant well tank now, and that pets are having a ton of difficulty surviving. Is it the same for bm spec?

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

They're making sure that we still have to pay attention while we're leveling--being situationally aware, not overpulling, things like that. Things might be a bit overtuned beyond that, hard to say without being able to log into the beta myself at the moment, but I know that's the idea behind it.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!