A discussion on Alliance mounts.

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

A discussion on Alliance mounts.

Unread post by Flyra »

I'm not here to begin an argument I just want to see what other people think and if they agree with me, perhaps discuss new ideas for alliance mounts?
This thing with the worgen mounts hadn't really occurred to me until a guildie was looking for the Gilneas mount vendor and was disappointed at finding more horses. I know that the new (is it still safe to call them new anymore?) "Mountain Horses" fit in perfectly with the Worgen lore but you have to admit weren't you even a little bit disappointed? Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful we have new mounts at all, but they could have recoloured them as white and palomino. I just can't help but be jealous when I see horde riding around on Goblin motorbikes whilst we have characters hopping around like grasshoppers. You could feel the horde amusement when the new worgen mounts were revealed "Here have a slightly less pretty version of a mount you already have".

I really hope there will be a scorpion mount available to alliance. I love the Alliance and as a mount collector I'm always after the best looking mounts, which I feel have been given to the horde more. For example,
The Alliance have a super awesome Guild Lion Mount. Don't worry horde you can buy a shiny armoured one that glows AND flies from the blizz store.

The Horde get Undead Horned Horses with firey feet and skulls over them. Don't worry Alliance, you can have one but first must spend your life endlessly running a dungeon and waiting for it to cooldown on the 1% chance that it will drop.

This post probably comes across as angry but really I'm not a grumpy internet rager I just wanted to point something out that bugged me XD and I guess I'm only seeing it from my point of view. If you are Horde feel free to tell me anything you're jealous of? I'd like to hear your point of view.

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Re: A discussion on Alliance mounts.

Unread post by Bonita »

Most of my favorite ground mounts are horde mounts. Undead horses, Blood Elf mounts, Raptors, and the Scorpion guild mount. Was really hoping for something cool for worgen, but wasnt really suprised because they were mainly added to even the mount count (i think cant remember). I do love the Night Elf mounts to death though.
I do think we get a scorpion both horde and ally can get in MoP though. Im on some heavy pain meds atm because I twisted and banged up my knee pretty badly so I cant walk, sooo Dont quote me on the scorpion thing.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Yes, its an amber scorpion...I'll talk more on this matter tomorrow. No ti me!
ImageImage
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Meggers wrote:Yes, its an amber scorpion...I'll talk more on this matter tomorrow. No ti me!
Yay I actually remembered something correctly xD

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

As much as my druid loves being a special snowflake on her green razzashi raptor i wish there were more raptor mounts avaible to the alliance. A wolf would be awesome too since they have the 2 zg kitties (well 1 now) to get :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Overall I'm not impressed by the fact that Alli got more horses (I admit it, I'm SICK of horses by now) from Worgen and yet another cat (though I'll hand it to them, the lion does look better than most other cats, but it's still a cat). Meanwhile Horde are given two brand new looks: a scorpid and a tricycle.

Remember the Tourney rep mounts? Yup, while Horde are given a hawkstrider, Alli are stuck with the umphteenth horse. Also TWO Hippogryphs for Alli there, and a Hippogryph and a Dragonhawk for Horde. (Not that I mind, I very much enjoy my Hippogryphs. <3 But that's still more variety to the Horde.)

I just really wish there was more variety from the constant horse - horse - horse - cat - horse - horse - horse for Alli. I never was a fan of them anyway (their run looks wonky to me and I think they still have a broken leg)...

Oh, and there's the Lil' Mount (or whatever it's called) loot card that gives a tiny raptor to Horde and HORSE for Alli. Typical. XD I'd kill to have the raptor instead.

Now that I think of it, Hippogryphs are half-horse, too. *giggles and is shot*
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

And the horse for the PvP 75 RBG wins.

Bleh.

I have noticed this for a while, it sucks. I'm sure horde would like access to something other than a cat as well. xD
ImageImage
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

What I would love to see is some new Stag mounts for the alliance. The new pandaria models are amazing, and I think it's a great shame if we don't get to have them as pets or mounts.

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

I guess sabre cat mounts are to die for :lol: but a lot are available to horde. The guardian and obsidian nightwing are pretty similar just without the long fangs and I've seen countless horde on the old raid sabre cat. I LOVE the thought of having a stag mount, I think that would have been a great choice for the Worgen mount since there are a lot of them around the Gilneas city.

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

That's what I had thought in the first place! Maybe there's a chance that they're going to change the worgen mounts? I seriously hope they don't let those beautiful models go to waste. (No pun intended)

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I think there is a scorpion mount everyone can get with rep in MoP,but I may be mistaken. I'd like to see some flying mounts that don't take up the entire screen for ally. Maybe a spectral flying lion with no wings.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

Just to confirm there will be a Scorpion mount available in MoP , called Amber scorpion. You have to be exalted with the Klaxxi in the Dread Wastes. :D

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

I'm kind of jealous of the Alliance mounts, honestly. As someone who is, more or less, always a Hordie, it's been ages since I got to sit on a (living) horse. No offense to my deader ponies. In fact, I love belves, and hate hawkstriders, so I always get a deader pony to ride around on >.> But with account wide mounts that doesn't matter anymore. The fact is that, while I have a couple of sabers to sit on, I wouldn't mind if they shared a few horse and cat models with us (*gets headbutted by her ram* >_> Maybe some rams)... Though we are getting some sexy kitty mounts soon, so I guess it's just horse mounts that I'm missing. Which I have a few of, also... But. Just a plain, regular model and not an undead or demonic horse. Just. A horse? Of course. (*more brutality from her horses this time* o.e)

I'm just not a fan of Worgs, raptors are decent but there's only two colors in the game I even like (thankfully I own both), Kodos are the Horde's Elekks and there's only one coloring of those that I like...

But, I feel for the Alliance as well. I mean, while Horde got little trikes that everyone I know snickers about and just ride on their choppers and pretend the trikes don't exist due to being... so bleh... must suck having so many horses. Why don't we trade trikes and horses? >_>

tbh. I'm in favor of random drop faction mounts or something. PvP and keep killing the opposite faction and randomly one of the mounts they own can be looted (but not taken, just shared really) o.O I'd PvP a lot. Especially against Night Elves.

Bah, now I'm rambling. *goes to treat her wounds*

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Xcturnus
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil Eu
Location: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Unread post by Xcturnus »

Well i've always prefered Horde Mount mainly the Orc and Undead but i like the Gilnean Horses even though they are a previously used design, Blizzard very fond of Copy N Paste.

If i worked for Blizzards Design team we'd all be running around on Fire Breathing Dragons with the face of Samuel L Jackson and the voice of Morgan Freeman and the Flight Speed of the Ncc 1701E but hey that's my idea of an awesome mount.
The Dude Abides.

Xcturnus, 85 BM Hunter, Nordrassil Eu