Have an MoP/beta question? Ask away!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Have an MoP/beta question? Ask away!

Unread post by Kurasu »

You will still need to train your flying to be able to use those mounts. Otherwise, if that were the case, you'd have people of low level able to fly. So flight *skill* still has to be trained.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

Kurasu wrote:You will still need to train your flying to be able to use those mounts. Otherwise, if that were the case, you'd have people of low level able to fly. So flight *skill* still has to be trained.
Reading it that way, it makes perfect sense.

-scratches down 'buy epic flight on warlock and warrior' on to do list-
Well, there goes a good chunk of my savings ^_^;

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Sickhuntz56
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sickhuntz56 »

You can, however, use all drakes and proto drakes, etc, with 150% flight speed.

Hcet
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Hcet »

Astratia wrote:Question: Since mounts have gone account wide, will mount speed go account wide as well?
Example: My hunter has 310% speed. Will that be passed to her druid that has Epic flight form only, then to my warlock that has only basic flight? Or will I have to buy the 310% speed for everyone?

The Violet Proto Drake which granted 310 speed if you had the 280 speed trained USED to grant the speed to your alts on the Beta server if they had the 280 speed trained. However it was just removed. Pretty sure the other drakes like the Black and Plagued protos still will though.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Did they scrap the whole "casters only using wand/oh" thing? I keep seeing spell swords and staves.
ImageImage
Hcet
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Hcet »

There are like every other class that had a range slot. They can use either a weapon or a wand. Weapon benefits their spells more but a wand allows them to DPS for free mana cost.
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Is it true that we'll be able to use mounts from characters we've previously deleted? A few months ago I deleted a druid with the Brewfest kodo and the Headless Horseman's mount and I'm wondering if I'll be able to access those without asking to have the character restored. I seem to recall reading that somewhere.
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

That would be strange, I don't see that being a possibility personally...how can the system recognize that you have them without a character being present on your account to show that? x:

If anything you could try getting that toon restored.
ImageImage
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Yeah, I didn't think so. Asked the same question on Reddit and was told it was probably untrue. I'll talk to a GM once the patch hits and see about getting said toon restored.
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Jadvya wrote:Yeah, I didn't think so. Asked the same question on Reddit and was told it was probably untrue. I'll talk to a GM once the patch hits and see about getting said toon restored.

JSYK, the sooner you do it the better. AFAIK there is a point past they wont do restores.
ImageImage
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I don't see any devilsaurs, true the expansion is orient themed, but I don't see any devilsaurs...Has anyone seen any?
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Tilo wrote:I don't see any devilsaurs, true the expansion is orient themed, but I don't see any devilsaurs...Has anyone seen any?
No, I don't think there are any devilsaurs in Pandaria.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Curious on a PTR point of view.

When you log on one toon, do all your mounts/pets/achievements from your other toons automatically sync, or do you need to log onto each one individually?

The way the blue posts keep referring to the "merge" is that it all happens as soon as you log into one toon, but I swear I remember them saying you needed to log on to each toon individually.

Anyone know which it is? XD (Asking here because there's no PTR forum this time around, and this is a simple question :P)

I hope to god it's all at once. I don't want to log on to 22 different characters. My Real ID friends are going to kill me.

I can't ask this on the official forums as I didn't have the money for WoW this month, xD (They REALLY should let you post on the forums with an inactive account, TBH. So long as you have a character to use.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

So far, I've had to log on all toons individually. KurasuTOF didn't get KurasuTNF's stack of pets until I logged KurasuTNF on. So yeah. You're probably going to have to go one by one to make sure.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Derp edit-this is three questions not two.....

Questions, as I have not been in the beta in months:

1) Are RAF mounts still just per toon? *wants my pretty flying panther on all my toons darnit*

2) Has the general rotation for a BM hunter changed that much? With the new spells, I am trying to figure out what my rotation is going to be.

3) Shaman question now-I didn't touch my shammy on Beta, I was too afraid of all the changes to bother then. What the heck is with the totems? If they give only short term buffs-and you can only drop them one at a time, where the heck is the point of even dropping them? How long are they lasting-short term makes me think of less then a minute. If I have to waste time shuffling through my totem stacks that look like the summon pet stacks, to drop four totems and then attack, byt the time I start attacking, are the totems even going to still be up? I play an ele shammy-wouldn't it be better for me to just spam chain lightning instead of digging through stacks for a totem? Really worried about this change.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Totems are meant to be cooldowns now. All of them. xD They're all essentially like Earthbind/Tremor Totem now. Usually a short cooldown with a decent effect. They're meant to be utility, not buffs. Like Healing Stream buffed, removing movement impairing effects, creating a shield on you, etc.

This is why I can't honestly ever see grabbing the talent that relocates all the totems to me. xD

Last time I checked, the RAF mounts were still character-restricted.

Can't answer #2. Don't really play BM.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

@Myzou: If you don't want to log in on 22 characters at once, you don't have to! Limit yourself to the characters that have significant achievements/mounts/minipets to share with the others and just log in on the others as needed.

@Shade: I had actually just seen a post on the BM rotation here: http://thebrewhall.com/2012/08/24/big-r ... k-to-back/ - hope that helps!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

To add something to Shade's question, the RAF mounts are actually in limbo right now... While there IS a Blue post saying that they want to make them character specific, and quite a recent one at that (Was made on the 22nd or something, I don't remember dates very well), they are currently still account wide. So unless they make one last patch before they push in a few days, we might just be lucky enough to see RAF mounts become account wide.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/mounts?page=3

If you mouse over the link it'll say account wide in the tooltip if it is.

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Kalliope wrote:@Myzou: If you don't want to log in on 22 characters at once, you don't have to! Limit yourself to the characters that have significant achievements/mounts/minipets to share with the others and just log in on the others as needed.
For someone with OCD, I can't really do that.

I know every toon has at least one achievement that my others don't. ._.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Geeky question

Lets say i have "The insane" title grinded on one of my mains. I started over on a new server... can i regrind it? If i want the charecter to have obtain it for itself? same questions goes for rare mounts etc

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig