Pet/BM issues

Lampray
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skullcrusher

Pet/BM issues

Unread post by Lampray »

I decided to try raiding heroic DS last night with the new BM spec. On most fights my dps was crazy good, but ultrax and deathwing seem to be bugged. My pet could not use kill command in either fight, saying he was too far away or no clear path available. The only thing my pet could use it on in madness was the corrupting parasite and a few of the blistering tentacles. I could not call out dire beast or lynx rush them either. Does anyone know if this bug extends to other instances such as firelands and what bosses it also effects?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Pet/BM issues

Unread post by Lisaara »

We had that problem on Ultraxion too. Both BM hunters couldn't do squat against the damn dragon cause their pets were bugged. As if DS wasn't buggy already....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Banard

Unread post by Banard »

There is also a problem in Heroic Rag, just not as bad. I had to hit KC like 5-6 times for it to go off once.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

We pugged most of Dragon Soul yesterday (I had to go at the gunship, so I can't give you guys feedback about spine/madness on normal mode) but it was quite disturbing not to be able to use such an important part of my rotation. We ended up beating Ultraxion with about 5 people left alive, and I can't help but think that number might be higher if the hunters in the group could actually use their pets.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

There's a bug where your pet can't use Kill Command or Lynx Rush if it's not behind the target, but it sounds like it'll be fixed.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

That doesn't sound exactly right, though, since I was running the ICC 5-mans for transmog gear and was able to cast KC and Lynx Rush just fine when my pet was tanking the mobs.

(And to address another issue regarding pets, I didn't notice him being harder to keep alive than when I went in there a couple weeks ago.)

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, perhaps it's situational. I haven't encountered the issue yet myself, I just recall last night reading in a thread that KC was bugged on fights where the pet couldn't get behind the target, such as Ultraxion or Deathwing, but that it was being looked into.
Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

Yep. I saw in DS last night that my pets would randomly dismiss as well. My fiance who plays lock had the same problem.

Let's see, I wasn't able to KC or Blink Strike (egad I'm in love with that ability) during:

Ultraxion - Blink strike I understand, but KC not working due to range?
Ship - KC sometimes worked. Emphasis on "sometimes". Blink Strike failed pretty religiously except for TWICE it shot Lunaria behind the drake. Unexpected success for those two times. But I don't see why it would fail on the guys running around smacking the tanks.
Spine - Range issues like Ultraxion, except for both Blink Strike and KC.
DW- ERRYTHING. From despawning to inability to KC/Blink Strike anything. Even bloods. Oddly. Augh.

On a positive note, Blink Strike was EPIC amazing on the other fights lol I loved running out to kill a slime and BAM! My pet was TELEPORTED TO IT! :D I'm rocking Blink Strike like a caffeinated mage! The movement mechanic with it is just, I mean, how did I survive without it?! I don't care if I should be using a different ability! *hugs her blink strike button*

So, sadness where I couldn't use it. I'll swap to crows or something for those fights?

It doesn't help my KC issue, though. :(

Good to hear that the issue is being looked into, though :) HOPE! I HAZ IT!

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

There were KC issues on Spine even before the patch; I would have trouble with it when trying to kill tendons, which is exactly the wrong time to have a major DPS ability not fire off on cooldown. Those got mostly solved after a while, but it made the first few kills pretty dicey. Never had problems with Madness, Ultrax or the gunship drakes, though; those are definitely new.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Popping Bestial Wrath or Lynx Rush on Malygos causes him to drop aggro on my pet. This resulted in a few deaths from face-smacking until I called in a friend.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!