Ghostcrawler Told Me Why We Can't Have Hydras!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Ghostcrawler Told Me Why We Can't Have Hydras!

Unread post by Ziarre »

Wait, when were we able to tame a floor texture?

I missed that one.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Ziarre wrote:Wait, when were we able to tame a floor texture?

I missed that one.

I think it was during WOTLK, a quest would cause a raptor I think to explode into a patch of flames...so when people tamed it they had a firepatch to follow them around.
ImageImage
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Meggers wrote:
Ziarre wrote:Wait, when were we able to tame a floor texture?

I missed that one.

I think it was during WOTLK Cata, a quest would cause a raptor I think to explode into a patch of flames...so when people tamed it they had a firepatch to follow them around.
Fixed - otherwise, correct. :D There were also tallstriders that did the same.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Ziarre wrote:I consider a tame 'exploit' only if it requires going above and beyond hitting 'Tame Beast,' in addition to being unintended. Otherwise, it's just a glitch.

Not condemning anyone by that, I should note, because I have a ghost wolf, and it took me four hours straight (with a VERY patient shammy friend) to get him.
I agree! Just because a glitch on Blizzard's end allows a tameable beast to keep a buff or whatever after taming if all someone did was hit tame beast I see nothing wrong with it. I think if people use glitched pets to try for world firsts or something like that they should get the ach taken away but otherwise the fault lies with Blizzard for allowing a glitch in the game.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Teigan wrote:
Sesamee wrote:
Teigan wrote:In all fairness, if they are not going to let all of us tame hydras, they should remove the hydras from those who have them. That would take care of "but they have a family and ability and everything give us hydras cause you made them a family" argument as well as the "fairness" argument. Turn em into white crocolisks and call it a day. *shrug* I don't think there should be a family just for people who were lucky enough to be playing then, be the right level, know about the glitch and have the daily in time.
That's kind of harsh, don't you think? I would never want someone's pet taken away from them just because I don't have it. At least the fact that a few lucky hunters have Hydras gives hope that maybe one day they'll be available to everyone. Taking them away from those who do wouldn't do anything but punish a few to make another few feel better. Terrible idea and very selfish, IMO.
I don't see how its selfish. Sure, it would be fun to have a hydra. It'd be fun to have a lot of things but I'm hardly emotionally invested in the issue. Its simply one fix to a problem Blizz got into with the hydras. Its somewhat harsh but it would neatly sew things up.
And its not a punishment. It wouldn't be the first glitch pet to be changed or removed. I would feel bad for hunters who lost their hydras, but, they were glitch pets from the start and its surprising they allowed them to keep them in the first place.

So in all fairness, let's repeal the ghost wolf also from the people who tamed it as a wolf and not a spirit beast, and the slime I tamed that was a crocolisk, and anything else we may have tamed that was cool and neat and we went out of our way to grind all the way up to it's level to tame. Hell, let's just do away with rares completely because not everyone can find/tame them so no one should! And omg, especially spirit beasts, because that camp is long and I have things to do, so you shouldn't get a cool wolf/lion/tiger/owl/bear!

To be noted. The above post was an ice cold wave of sarcasm and should not be taken as my actual opinion. I love rares.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Guys stop being so snotty with the replies, I get the post didn't make you happy but now we're being snooty. :c
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yes, please dial the drama back to zero. :)

Next someone will use the term "slap in the face" and I'll be forced to lock the thread for reasons of taste.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:
Next someone will use the term "slap in the face" and I'll be forced to lock the thread for reasons of taste.

Sorry I just couldn't help myself, plz don't ban me!!!!

Ok, and back on topic :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

A ban for Spiritbinder! Cute animal violence is no laughing matter. Next they'll be adding it to the game, or something.

But as for the topic at hand, I suspect Kalli has the right of it:
Kalliope wrote:My guess is that the team is just delaying the inevitable addition of the family at large, due to the aforementioned model issues, but knowing that they'll have to do it at some point because hey, the precedent's been set.
I know it can be frustrating for the many that want to tame one, and I expected to see them this expansion as much as the next person, but there's nothing to do but wait. I think they are inevitable.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Yeah I probably shouldn't have posted right when I get home from work. Sorry about that!~
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I asked people to tone down the dramas. I may have asked nicely, with a smiley, but it was a request, not a favour.

I deleted two posts that were aimed at increasing the drama further and I'm locking the thread.