What if a rare spirit beast introduced at lower level in 5.1

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

What if a rare spirit beast introduced at lower level in 5.1

Unread post by pop »

I know this is far fetched but would you agree if Blizzard introduce at least a rare spirit beast in the old world? 5.1 had introduced tonnes of awesome low level pets that before this a hunter needs to traverse trough expansion to tame them. Does this mean there is a glint of hope that maybe we get to tame a spirit beast at earliest at level 69?

Just imagine the potentials; A mate of one of Amani's LOA, or a hidden spirit of Gurubashi, or maybe even a friend of the cenarion circle, worst.. a spirit beast with The Scourge origin..
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Re: What if a rare spirit beast introduced at lower level in

Unread post by Lazurianis »

I can't see this, all spirit beasts so far that have been introduced are all above level 74, so it would be silly to add a low level spirit beast that is just up for grabs more less.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

I would agree with making the spirit beast pet game mechanic more readily available to players with the inclusion of a lower level tameable beast. Especially now that we're not only competing against our own realm but the people on cross realm as well when trying to find rare spawns.

I wouldn't mind if it was a rare or just a common mob, really. Personally I've always felt it to be a little dodgy that one pet family is only accessible via rare spawns.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think it would be neat to see a lower level spirit beast myself. :)
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

A low level spirit beast would be welcome... But also with a long respawn timer (Just like the rares in vanilla had timers of 12-48 hours sometimes).

I think a spirit beast in outland would look neat, y'know... with all the nether energy of netherstorm/Blade's edge or spiritual residues of nagrand/terokkar/shadowmoon...
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Spirit Beasts actually have a place in Warcraft lore. Therefore, I would love them taking that lore and introducing Spirit Beasts in the sort of areas they *would* be showing up in! There's all sorts of 'pure' areas that ones could show up in. Like, say, Un'goro. And the Emerald Dreaming spots. Maybe Moonglade could have a tameable Spirit Beast. Or Winterspring.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Electraa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Electraa »

Kurasu wrote:Spirit Beasts actually have a place in Warcraft lore. Therefore, I would love them taking that lore and introducing Spirit Beasts in the sort of areas they *would* be showing up in! There's all sorts of 'pure' areas that ones could show up in. Like, say, Un'goro. And the Emerald Dreaming spots. Maybe Moonglade could have a tameable Spirit Beast. Or Winterspring.

This ^.

I'd like to see a Devilsaur Spirit-Beast in Un'goro.
Imagine seeing him on one of your ALT's. :}

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

A devilsaur spirit beast omg. <3

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

While I enjoy my rares I do agree that having spirit beasts only accessible through rares is a bit unfair. Not everyone has the time some of us spend hunting them. That being said I do very much want a new rare one with the new tracking function.

I love the new tracking mechanic. But there's nothing left I want. So I often out of boredom track one down, mark it, then find a hunter who wants it that was otherwise having issues tracking the lil bugger. Keeps me occupied. Although the last guy didn't even bother to say thanks. /shrug.
Enikka & Gara.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I think it would be great to have a lower level spirit beast, why not? There really is no reason not to right?

Also as others have said there are many spiritual places around wow that a Spirit Beasts could be seen in, and it could always have a nod to some lore if they'd like to also.

Though as Ejpaints mentioned, maybe if they did it was possibly introduced with the new tracking mechanism? I would make it less likely to be killed by accident by those leveling in the area it was placed in.

TLDR: Sure, sounds good, why not :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This would be especially nice if they shifted exotic beast taming to lower level BM. It certainly can't hurt.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Wain wrote:This would be especially nice if they shifted exotic beast taming to lower level BM. It certainly can't hurt.
This this this this this this this
okay done.

But on a more serious note, I'd love to see a lower level spirit beast, or at least trackable low level pets. It seems too fun a mechanic to limit to only 85+!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Electraa wrote:
Kurasu wrote:Spirit Beasts actually have a place in Warcraft lore. Therefore, I would love them taking that lore and introducing Spirit Beasts in the sort of areas they *would* be showing up in! There's all sorts of 'pure' areas that ones could show up in. Like, say, Un'goro. And the Emerald Dreaming spots. Maybe Moonglade could have a tameable Spirit Beast. Or Winterspring.

This ^.

I'd like to see a Devilsaur Spirit-Beast in Un'goro.
Imagine seeing him on one of your ALT's. :}
Yeah, I can already imagine what his name would be and where he fits into the big picture. :P

N'goro
<The First King>

Lore-wise, he'd probably be the first, biggest "King" of the Crater, with King Mosh as one of his progeny. His spirit remains to watch over his heir and protect the other great beasts of the land.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Wain wrote:This would be especially nice if they shifted exotic beast taming to lower level BM. It certainly can't hurt.
To be honest, I'd rather like it if they just made exotic taming the initial spec talent which you get when you choose a tree. :D
Spiritbinder wrote:Though as Ejpaints mentioned, maybe if they did it was possibly introduced with the new tracking mechanism? I would make it less likely to be killed by accident by those leveling in the area it was placed in.
While getting an exp boost off of a rare is all swell in my books, I do really like the new mechanism of track & flare. It's so much more interactive than just camping a spot. They could really use one or two in the good "old world" as a teaser. Regardless, given that this mob was indeed of a lower level and they went with the new habit of making low level rares spawn fairly often, I don't think having it be "accidentally killed" for exp and loot would cause much grief?
Electraa wrote:I'd like to see a Devilsaur Spirit-Beast in Un'goro.
YES. This! Un'goro is easily one of my favourite zones and a spirit beast devilsaur would just top it off as perfect for me. Reptilian SBs would be more than a welcome addition in my opinion as well, even if it's not necessarily a devilsaur. :)
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Electraa wrote:I'd like to see a Devilsaur Spirit-Beast in Un'goro.
That would explain how those devilsaurs are ninjas
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Lazurianis wrote:I can't see this, all spirit beasts so far that have been introduced are all above level 74, so it would be silly to add a low level spirit beast that is just up for grabs more less.
yeah all of the shale spider introduced before this are above level 80, what is your point?

The only reason it is futile to put spirit beast as tamable at earlier than level 80 is because it's special skill is a mastery buff which actually only effect level 80 players and above, but at least it is better than a cat because sb at least can heal you even though it doesn't learn the mastery buff yet.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

pop wrote:
Lazurianis wrote:I can't see this, all spirit beasts so far that have been introduced are all above level 74, so it would be silly to add a low level spirit beast that is just up for grabs more less.
yeah all of the shale spider introduced before this are above level 80, what is your point?

The only reason it is futile to put spirit beast as tamable at earlier than level 80 is because it's special skill is a mastery buff which actually only effect level 80 players and above, but at least it is better than a cat because sb at least can heal you even though it doesn't learn the mastery buff yet.
My point is, putting in lower level spirit beasts in the game is just absurd sounding, let alone them not to be rare spawn. As mentioned before, Spirit Beasts actually have a place in lore of World of Warcraft, so now look at it like this, if Blizzard was to add a Lower Level Spirit Beast, doesn't that mean (from a lore stand point) that the Spirit Beasts are weak and untrained? And that they have become so desperate that they resort to weaker and untrained Spirit Beasts? Because according to lore, Spirit Beasts phase in and out of existence, and that they RARELY appear in the same area twice not to mention, they are SPIRIT BEASTS, they are very powerful. QUOTE: "Fighting a Spirit Beast is harrowing". . There for implying that no Spirit Beast will be A. Low Level. Or B. A Common NPC. Because, When they mentioned that a Spirit Beast rarely appears in the same area twice, as I (personally) have noticed, Vanilla Areas that have any form of a Rare Spawn can appear more than once every hour. So if that is the case, what is the purpose of the lore saying that they rarely appear? It's no different at that point than waiting for a quest mob who has a respawn timer. So basically my point to get across is:

1. Spirit Beasts will never appear in Old World content because in the previous expansions, there were little to no areas that was focused around death and spirits.

2. Spirit Beasts are POWERFUL. There will not be a level 47 Spirit Beast roaming around Searing Gorge. Because Levels is like a Rank. The higher level you are, the more powerful you are. Sure, looking back at Northrend and some Cataclysm areas, they aren't powerful anymore, but they used to. Look at Ghostcrawler for example, he is still very powerful, because of his HP and Damage he does.

Sources: http://www.wowwiki.com/Spirit_beast

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Lazurianis wrote:
pop wrote:

My point is, putting in lower level spirit beasts in the game is just absurd sounding, let alone them not to be rare spawn. As mentioned before, Spirit Beasts actually have a place in lore of World of Warcraft, so now look at it like this, if Blizzard was to add a Lower Level Spirit Beast, doesn't that mean (from a lore stand point) that the Spirit Beasts are weak and untrained? And that they have become so desperate that they resort to weaker and untrained Spirit Beasts? Because according to lore, Spirit Beasts phase in and out of existence, and that they RARELY appear in the same area twice not to mention, they are SPIRIT BEASTS, they are very powerful. QUOTE: "Fighting a Spirit Beast is harrowing". . There for implying that no Spirit Beast will be A. Low Level. Or B. A Common NPC. Because, When they mentioned that a Spirit Beast rarely appears in the same area twice, as I (personally) have noticed, Vanilla Areas that have any form of a Rare Spawn can appear more than once every hour. So if that is the case, what is the purpose of the lore saying that they rarely appear? It's no different at that point than waiting for a quest mob who has a respawn timer. So basically my point to get across is:

1. Spirit Beasts will never appear in Old World content because in the previous expansions, there were little to no areas that was focused around death and spirits.

2. Spirit Beasts are POWERFUL. There will not be a level 47 Spirit Beast roaming around Searing Gorge. Because Levels is like a Rank. The higher level you are, the more powerful you are. Sure, looking back at Northrend and some Cataclysm areas, they aren't powerful anymore, but they used to. Look at Ghostcrawler for example, he is still very powerful, because of his HP and Damage he does.

Sources: http://www.wowwiki.com/Spirit_beast

1. No, almost all parts of Azeroth are focused around death and spirit. Wow is a Hyper Fantasy area.

2. I think you have confused between game mechanic and lore. A mob's level and our level and ability are just game mechanic. Lore is there to explain and enrich game mechanic. A creature found in a later expansion doesn't mean it is stronger than the previous encounter. I don't think a level 85 Stag in the Jade Forest would be any stronger than a level 55 yeti in Winterspring. Do you really think a level 60 dragon in old Azeroth is weaker than a level 90 bee in the Arboretum?
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

I want one of those new phoenixes as a spirit beast :S
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I wouldn't mind seeing a Spirit Beast Tallstrider in the Barrens, that seeped out of the Emerald Nightmare before you close the rift with Naralex. >_>

Spirit Beasts are essentially demi-gods, from what we've seen. All of WoW is the same level, lore wise. They're just lower level zones for leveling purposes. Saying lower level spirit beasts makes no sense makes no sense. They're only lower level for WoW purposes. We're always supposed to treat the game as if the character is the max level, and by association, the mobs. xD