Have I lost it?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vexxan
Realm: Lightbringer

Have I lost it?

Unread post by Vexxan »

Hey everyone I have an issue that Ive been trying to get out of for a while now, I don't know how to explain it but I just cant bond with any pet that I come across like I used to its very disheartening Ive recently gone through a stable clean and now have only have 6 pets 4 of them I deeply love and 2 Im not sure of yet, but that's not the issue like I said before I just cant to seem to bond with any pet have you guys come across a moment like this if so what have you done to get through it? I was hoping anyone can give me some help maybe getting some new pets that maybe I can bond with because 4 pets that I <3 so much isn't a lot and all of them only give one buff Mastery (Yes Im a huge cat fan) Well here is a little bit about me that might help for a pet I could bond with.

~ i love the colors black and white, but Im fine with any color
~ Some species i don't like are Beetles, Gorillas/Monkeys, Basilisks, Cranes, Crabs, and Goats.
~ I love dark things colors, places, music, anything that has a spooky feel to it I enjoy. I also love anything having to do with action :P
~ And Im a big Anime fan :lol:

Sorry if this is a lot to ask for but i feel as if im loosing my hunter within me :( thank you for your help and time

Jaz
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Have I lost it?

Unread post by Lisaara »

Have no fear! Check out the new spooky pets coming in 5.1 :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

I would far from say that you're "losing the hunter within you". I honestly have a hard time finding a bond with pets myself and I'm sure there are plenty of others who are much the same way with their own stables. Not everyone can just "click" with all manner of pets, which just makes the few that you can all the more special.

I'm not one for trying to force something to click. Some of my most beloved pets were random, spur-of-the-moment tames that wormed their way into my heart. I guess my advice isn't to go looking through the galleries of petopia trying to find "that one pet that calls out to you instantly and you must have it". Rather, look for pets that match your hunter in some way. Maybe they have a similar colour scheme, or they resemble a piece of your favourite armour/transmog set. Tame it, don't try to force any emotions onto it. Just run around for a while and enjoy the company. If it doesn't work out, that's fine. At least you gave them a fair chance, maybe the next one will be better.
There's also the Random Pet Challenge. While you may not always get a pet suited to your needs, it will force you to have a look at options you never considered before, which can lead to a few surprising new close friends.

Of course, in the end there's no shame at all in just having that small collection of pets you absolutely adore, with the rest of your stable there only for the buffs or maybe for a look you find to be pretty. It certainly makes you no less of a hunter. After all, how awesome is it that you can form such a connection to any sort of pretty polygon within this game? Let alone four of them! :)

Vexxan
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Vexxan »

Thanks for the feedback and pep talk I should say :D, the situation just surprised me with even though I haven't been playing wow since vanilla Ive always played a hunter every x-pac so getting into the situation startled me. I took to heart what you said and I found a new member of the family the undead pig his name is stitch and i love him to bits :3, thanks for your help and thank you 7Seti for the suggestions i will go and have to take a look and some of those. after this post i have found that i did rush into pet taming far to lightly at some points and now will give the pet a chance with dailies, runs and myabe even pvp!

Thanks again for all your help everyone

Jaz
The Strength in the Wolf is in the Pack

Legends Never Die
R.I.P Mitch Lucker
Keep Stomping On
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Out of all of my stable, I think I only have three that I really love and could never give up. I do have a handful of pets that have special memories for me (like when I tried out PVPing for real for the first time, or when Ravenlord dropped after randomly taking one along as a good luck charm, or one that gave me the run around for a long time before I was able to tame it) and they will probably stay in my stable for a good long time. Then I have a bunch of pets in my stable that I like, but don't have any special connection to them, and they're mostly there just so I have their particular buff on hand.

Lately, while doing dailies, I have been bringing along pets that haven't been out for a while. Because of this, I have discovered a new fondness for my green Molten Front spider (Kririx). I like how he matches the green glow of my transmog armor, and the way he swims looks really silly. I tamed him in Cata mostly because he was a challenge tame, but now I'm growing to really like him beside me.

Sometimes, when bored, I open up Petopia and look at the gallery of pet models and randomly choose one I haven't ever tamed, haven't tamed in a very long time, or one that might look good with my transmog. When I do this, it usually becomes an evening of taming a million pets and "trying them on" (taking them along to farm instances or quest). Sometimes I find a pet that I'll really like and will keep around for a while. Once in a while, I'll find one I absolutely adore; like my Bronze Quilen. He was a random tame and now I couldn't possibly get rid of him.

So really, don't worry about it if you don't fall in love with every pet you have, it's ok to just have a few favorites. And it's certainly fine to only like some for a little while and trade them in for something new. Some hunters absolutely adore every pet they have and use them all, but some of us don't.

I agree that you might enjoy the Random Pet Challenge. I found a pet on my alt that I adore which I never would have liked on my main that way.