Rant Thread

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Snowy »

My university's network has some kinda firewall blocked that prevents me from playing GW2. I got that game in August for my birthday and I haven't been able to play it properly once yet. :/

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Snowy wrote:My university's network has some kinda firewall blocked that prevents me from playing GW2. I got that game in August for my birthday and I haven't been able to play it properly once yet. :/
Thats so lame! :( You could be on my server! Lol. xD

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

People in LFR are so damn retarded sometimes....ARGH!

Wiped 15 times on the last boss of Vaults....

Had tanks that didnt move the boss. Had ranged that didnt dps adds....had a healer that was cocky and snotty as hell.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't know how or why but Minnie managed to gut the mouse I saw her playing with 10 mins ago. I'm not joking there is mice guts all over the carpet out here it's like a horror movie!

Like she ate the rest of it just not it's insides. Guess she does not like guts.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Going to have to buy another litterbox, try and squeeze that into the tiny storage room along side the other. Never had to have 2 litterboxes before, all my other cats have been pretty good with just the one, but these two brothers (~7mnths old)...Picky little pricks! And they love to spill their water dish and play in water...I swear they must be part bengal for all the trouble they're causing me! Still love the buggers, even if they are a pain in the arse lately!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

blurgh

Today is going to be a bad day, I can tell. I just want to go back to sleep and then spend the rest of the day watching Supernatural. D:
Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

My roommate who has never been too bad, has become a whiny, emo, misogynistic jerk! Every day he complains about how women are evil, how they want to be treated equally but want to do less work and how they never do as much work as men. He keeps calling my brother's fiancee a whore/slut/skank just because he doesn't like her. She's been good to my brother and never cheated on him but just because they don't get along because of clashing personalities, she's a slut. Women on a cooking show being competitive? Whores. Women in a commercial acting like they're being directed to? Sluts. Women in a show acting like they're directed to? Also sluts. Not the CHARACTERS but the actresses themselves. I don't know what happened to him recently, but this woman hate is getting on my nerves. JUST SHUT UP. You do not know all the women in the world and sure some of them may have been bad to you, but you can't judge them all by them.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lotusii wrote:My roommate who has never been too bad, has become a whiny, emo, misogynistic jerk! Every day he complains about how women are evil, how they want to be treated equally but want to do less work and how they never do as much work as men. He keeps calling my brother's fiancee a whore/slut/skank just because he doesn't like her. She's been good to my brother and never cheated on him but just because they don't get along because of clashing personalities, she's a slut. Women on a cooking show being competitive? Whores. Women in a commercial acting like they're being directed to? Sluts. Women in a show acting like they're directed to? Also sluts. Not the CHARACTERS but the actresses themselves. I don't know what happened to him recently, but this woman hate is getting on my nerves. JUST SHUT UP. You do not know all the women in the world and sure some of them may have been bad to you, but you can't judge them all by them.
Sounds like your roomie has become a sexist bastard....and I might've slapped him by now.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Lotusii wrote:My roommate who has never been too bad, has become a whiny, emo, misogynistic jerk! Every day he complains about how women are evil, how they want to be treated equally but want to do less work and how they never do as much work as men. He keeps calling my brother's fiancee a whore/slut/skank just because he doesn't like her. She's been good to my brother and never cheated on him but just because they don't get along because of clashing personalities, she's a slut. Women on a cooking show being competitive? Whores. Women in a commercial acting like they're being directed to? Sluts. Women in a show acting like they're directed to? Also sluts. Not the CHARACTERS but the actresses themselves. I don't know what happened to him recently, but this woman hate is getting on my nerves. JUST SHUT UP. You do not know all the women in the world and sure some of them may have been bad to you, but you can't judge them all by them.
Live happy knowing that this stupid bastard will never get a girlfriend.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Let me in the room with him.

There will only be a bloodstain left once I'm through, but I'm frustrated already today, so that would be a wonderful way to blow off some steam.

My own rant is the reason why I'm frustrated. I feel like I'm failing. The only class I feel like I have any skill in is art, my other classes just make me feel like an idiot, even if I'm doing well. My best friend said she'd "cry if she got a C on a math test". I ONLY get Cs. I can barely manage a C average in that class. And then my dad brought up a recent math grade, while my friend was in the car with us, and guessed that I got a B-. It was bloody painful to say I got worse than that. Like I don't already feel like the village idiot in my friend group. It's no wonder I'm branching off from them, I turn into a knot of self-loathing when they mention school.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

HUGE Hug to you Lupis.. school can be such a pain for some ppl..... i feel for you.. If you should ever want help just let me know... educated schoolteacher so would not mind to assist with homework now that i am home sick... and if u dont want help its totally oki too

eventhough im a schoolteacher im totally againts grades of all sorts...

My rant today...

ughmgfhhj .. yup thats how i feel today...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

I don't understand philosophy at all. I don't know who Descartes, Hume and Kant is. I have this assignment about them due friday. 1000 words. I'm at 150 words thus far, and I know I won't have time to work on it tomorrow, because I have uni all day, and in the afternoon, me and bf will go home to his parents (the trip takes two hours), so ideally, I have only thursday to do it. All of thursday, of course, but that doesn't mean my brain will actually function. I've been sitting here trying to work out what to write all fuckng day, but.. no.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Miyon wrote:I don't understand philosophy at all. I don't know who Descartes, Hume and Kant is. I have this assignment about them due friday. 1000 words. I'm at 150 words thus far, and I know I won't have time to work on it tomorrow, because I have uni all day, and in the afternoon, me and bf will go home to his parents (the trip takes two hours), so ideally, I have only thursday to do it. All of thursday, of course, but that doesn't mean my brain will actually function. I've been sitting here trying to work out what to write all fuckng day, but.. no.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Exploring-Kan ... &id=148693

http://www.google.dk/books?hl=da&lr=&id ... &q&f=false

http://www.google.dk/books?hl=da&lr=&id ... &q&f=false

:) hope it helps

googlebooks are awesome ;) and if u want more help let me know - maybe i could help if i knew which topic you had choosen for your paper

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Although rationalists (like Descartes) and empiricists (like Hume) have opposite perceptions of human knowledge, they have something in common according to Kant. Discuss this and explain how it is the basis for Kant's own conception of knowledge.

This is the assignment.. :)

That first link of yours, I think I can use it for something, thanks. :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

check your pm ;)

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Thanks, sweets. I wouldn't have noticed the pm had you not mentioned. I haven't had a pm for months now, I think. xD

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Damn eclipse making everything dark.....
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:My own rant is the reason why I'm frustrated. I feel like I'm failing. The only class I feel like I have any skill in is art, my other classes just make me feel like an idiot, even if I'm doing well. My best friend said she'd "cry if she got a C on a math test". I ONLY get Cs. I can barely manage a C average in that class. And then my dad brought up a recent math grade, while my friend was in the car with us, and guessed that I got a B-. It was bloody painful to say I got worse than that. Like I don't already feel like the village idiot in my friend group. It's no wonder I'm branching off from them, I turn into a knot of self-loathing when they mention school.
This was EXACTLY how I felt during school. Not even kidding, I felt the exact same in every single way. My best friend at the time was a straight A student and if she got anything less, it was a massive disappointment to her. My highest grades were Cs. Everytime she said, "I can't believe I ONLY got a B/C." or anything along those lines, I'd feel like a failure. I finished my A Levels with Cs, Ds and even a U. (Not entirely my fault I must admit, a lot of us failed the class, turned out our teacher was lazy and didn't teach us the correct stuff.)

Now I'm in university, studying Computer Games Art, after doing a college course in Games Development and Animation. School wasn't for me at all and it rarely is what people want to do. After you finish, well or not, think about doing a college course in something you really want to do and are genuinely interested in. Nothing at school appealed to me, even their art courses looked dull. But now I'm doing something I actually love and I'm positive you could do the same. Heck, you are a damned good artist! If you weren't, I wouldn't have your art in my signature! (; Think about doing something in art as well! It's not always about the money, remember. Money is the second best part of it. The best part is being able to do something in life you really love doing.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Thanks, guys. I think school is just… not what my brain needs right now. Making me feel like such a failure. Today was not good.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Dear Shenanigans (My laptop.).

Okay, I realize I've had you for almost three and a half years, and that is kind of a long time for a computer... And that I had left you on for about a week without shutting you off...

But that does NOT mean it is okay to flip out when I'm doing mount runs in WoW with a friend and make the scariest noise ever (Like, super loud and freaky version of "I'm loading a disc!" noise.) and then abruptly crash.

I have faith that you are fine, and I'm hoping against all hope that you're indeed fine.. But fuck did that scare me, you silly computer. You had a huge breakdown at the beginning of this year and that caused me to lose a year's worth of art. So I really do not appreciate it when you scare me to death like this. I love you, Shenanigans, but I am all sorts of terrified and freaked out now, and that was NOT okay.

Sincerely, your really freaked out owner, Senna.