All you Campers for Rares Please Read

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Banard

All you Campers for Rares Please Read

Unread post by Banard »

Not going to reply to this, not going to add more detail, not going to argue. Some people have very thick heads. It might not be 100% accurately but it has worked for me all these years, the proof of what i have to say is me word and me armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... -pet#50357

I have tamed em all at one point, even if there not in me stables at the moment. I have helped others tame pets. I have looked for rare pets and then used the old guild perk to summon and help fellow hunters.

I follow this rule:

10 mins before the hour 10 mins after the hour. For example: 2:50 to 3:10.

Your welcome to ignore this, your welcome to call it coincidence but after years of playing this rule has never let me down. Sometimes i have ignored it and watch before my eyes a mob spawn within that time period.

It could be any hour, just wait 10 mins before and 10 mins after.

Please stop staring at your screen for 8 + hours. Its freaking me out just hearing about it.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: All you Campers for Rares Please Read

Unread post by Chimera »

Mmmm, i definitely used to follow this rule before CRZ but i dont any longer. The spawns are so spazzy when i encounter them anymore i cant trust the rule anymore. Sunwing for me never spawned anywhere near the xx:50-xx:10 mark the first time 'round, he spawned at the xx:26, and again 3h 32min later at xx:52 (which is just barely in the xx:50-xx:10 so it is still working in some form, but depending on battlegroup and the rare your after, this rule of thumb could cost you a lot more time then sitting there and afking till it spawns) :3 I'd moreso apply this rule to spawns that arent really desired anymore, where the hype has begun to die out

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

It might just be me, but when I visited your armory and Sunwing was up, it was one of those lady bee-bug-things from AQ.

Edit; Same with Acroniss.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Eternallylostx wrote:It might just be me, but when I visited your armory and Sunwing was up, it was one of those lady bee-bug-things from AQ.

Edit; Same with Acroniss.
Its some sort of bug going on with everyone ;3 Those two are so far the only ones showing up as the silithid wasp ladies

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sunwing on Moon Guard, for the 3 spawns I saw, followed that rule to a T. First one was 10 after. Second was 10 before. Third was 10 after

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

This isn't how the spawns work, but if this camping method works for you, more power to you. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Banard wrote:Please stop staring at your screen for 8 + hours. Its freaking me out just hearing about it.
I stare at my PC screen 8+ hours a day anyway so might as well have WoW running while I do so. >:D (To be fair, I do paint digitally and do other stuff while I "camp" so I might be a cheater in that sense.)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yoruko wrote:
Banard wrote:Please stop staring at your screen for 8 + hours. Its freaking me out just hearing about it.
I stare at my PC screen 8+ hours a day anyway so might as well have WoW running while I do so. >:D (To be fair, I do paint digitally and do other stuff while I "camp" so I might be a cheater in that sense.)
I do photoshop and post here and watch youtube while doing so too. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

I write (about 1/3 through my novel :3), I youtube, I talk to friends. I have NPC scannies running in the background. Yes, two of them. I have a corner of WoW in the background at all times. I can click into WoW and click on the mob very fast (Junrei has seen me do it... yeah, I was tabbed out of WoW on that tame xD). I'm convinced that if I lose a tame or kill due to being tabbed out, I wasn't going to get it anyway. My reactions can't get any faster.

I stare at the screen all day more or less due to personal reasons. I hardly sit and do WoW all day unless I'm actively playing.

Xakaal is also right. With CRZ implemented, you never know when the zones are going to change over.

Even assuming that, like Junrei's comment with Sunwing, the theory was correct, that doesn't account for all tame times. For example, Sunwing was once up at :50 and change. He was also up at :40 on the dot. If you wanted to hunt Sunwing on a populated CRZ group full of pet enthusiasts (I've met more Petopians on the Sunwing camp than anywhere), then you won't earn any favors if you swoop in at :50 or :10, camp a little, then leave.

Good tips, but easily thrown off by people not being there to tame on the dot or by CRZ itself.

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shade ღ wrote:I write (about 1/3 through my novel :3), I youtube, I talk to friends. I have NPC scannies running in the background. Yes, two of them. I have a corner of WoW in the background at all times. I can click into WoW and click on the mob very fast (Junrei has seen me do it... yeah, I was tabbed out of WoW on that tame xD). I'm convinced that if I lose a tame or kill due to being tabbed out, I wasn't going to get it anyway. My reactions can't get any faster.

I stare at the screen all day more or less due to personal reasons. I hardly sit and do WoW all day unless I'm actively playing.

Xakaal is also right. With CRZ implemented, you never know when the zones are going to change over.

Even assuming that, like Junrei's comment with Sunwing, the theory was correct, that doesn't account for all tame times. For example, Sunwing was once up at :50 and change. He was also up at :40 on the dot. If you wanted to hunt Sunwing on a populated CRZ group full of pet enthusiasts (I've met more Petopians on the Sunwing camp than anywhere), then you won't earn any favors if you swoop in at :50 or :10, camp a little, then leave.

Good tips, but easily thrown off by people not being there to tame on the dot or by CRZ itself.
*raises her paw* Indeed. I has! She's a quick one! :D

and yeah, we did meet like...what...4? 5 petopians? XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

So I was just sitting here, camping Favored of Isiset.. and it finally spawned. After taming I turned around and noticed Deathmaw behind me who had also just spawned. I thought of this thread and looked at the clock in game: 2:50. How odd. I'm not one to believe these sorts of things, but jeez.

I normally don't camp. I'm the type to just swing by if I'm in the area or randomly head out and check for rares. I only recently camped Skoll because I had some other things to get done and needed an excuse to do them... so camp time!
Davarra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kargath, Suramar, Eitrigg, Korialstrasz, Nagrand

Unread post by Davarra »

Chromehound spawned 4:50 am on Korialstrasz, just after seeing this and deciding to test. Things to make you go hmm...

Sig and av by the very talented Kurenio!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Acroniss spawned at 340 and 740
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

The exact time doesn't matter, but checking once every hour (or half-hour) is a very efficient way of finding rares without driving yourself completely bonkers. Best way is to play an alt and leave your hunter at the spawn point.

Also, if you're after something like Loque that has multiple spawn points, make sure you are checking every single one. I despair seeing people camp one spawn point and ignore the other 6, not realizing how much they are hurting their chances.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

With the low level spawns, I look for rare battle pets in the zone and check the hunter pet spawn point periodically.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

7seti wrote:The exact time doesn't matter, but checking once every hour (or half-hour) is a very efficient way of finding rares without driving yourself completely bonkers. Best way is to play an alt and leave your hunter at the spawn point.

Also, if you're after something like Loque that has multiple spawn points, make sure you are checking every single one. I despair seeing people camp one spawn point and ignore the other 6, not realizing how much they are hurting their chances.
I always picked one to park it but I swooped to the others every 15 - 30 minutes.

LisaaraPokefarm