Some faction specific mounts transfering sides since 5.1?!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Some faction specific mounts transfering sides since 5.1?!

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

While I do have toons on both faction, I mostly play alliance rather than horde. But since the patch I dusted off my blood elf hunter to go tame some of the new rares, since her stables where mostly empty and my main hunter had only one spot open for the purple arcane wyrm. Since I haven't played her in awhile I set up her action bars to be just like my draenei hunter's, skills and mounts placed in the same place, then I got do some rare hunting. While camping Kash I decided to repair and get rid of some junks I got from killing random mobs, so I mount my Travelers Tundra Mammoth and....

wait... what?! Why the hell am I riding that thing horde side?! :shock:

I have NEVER bought that on any of my horde toons! Never managed to get THAT much money and none of them is Exalted with the Kirin Tor to lower the price! So I decide to check my mount list, and I see some new mounts there. From what I saw apparently some of them are now being transfered to their other faction equivalent. Things like the mounts sold by Mei Francis in Dalaran, the Hodir mammoths, I think the Silver Covenent <> Sunreaver ones do also, because I did buy the dragonhawk but I'm pretty sure I never bought the hawkstrider and I have it now, same goes with the Tol Barad ghost mounts since I saw the drake was on both sides before the patch but I'm sure I never bought the wolf, the motorcycles (woohoo!), and to my big surprise, the Alterac Valley mounts as well as the Black War Bear for killing the factions leaders! The normal PvP black mounts aren't transfering over though, so I guess it's the ones that have doubles of and some related to achievements.

This also might explain why some people get a mount and their counter goes to 49, 99, and 149, and then they get the achievement for 50, 100 and 150 mounts. Might be they already had, or just bought, a mount that has a double on the other faction, and the game counts them as two separate mounts. Another thing worth testing since I can't do it, would the lion and scorpion mounts need to be bought just once and you get both? Neither guilds I'm in are lvl 25 because both are real life friends only, so at most we're only 5 online max.

This appear to be a stealth change, because I don't remember seeing that in the patch notes at all. Not that I mind though. :lol:
ImageImage
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Some faction specific mounts transfering sides since 5.1

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I only bought the golden king and now I have the scorpion on my horde side :)

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I faction changed a priest and ended up getting the faction equivalents of all her mounts (faction racials, pvp, travelers, guild, etc) this was pre 5.1 though...
But if this is happening after patch 5.1 for people, then that's pretty neat!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

Oh wow! I didn't even realize they were doing that! Great catch :D Now I don't have to buy a faction change to get mounts ever again!

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Lupen202 wrote:I only bought the golden king and now I have the scorpion on my horde side :)
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know! :D
Makoes wrote:I faction changed a priest and ended up getting the faction equivalents of all her mounts (faction racials, pvp, travelers, guild, etc) this was pre 5.1 though...
But if this is happening after patch 5.1 for people, then that's pretty neat!
I'm talking without faction changing. As in, before 5.1 if you bought the Travelers Tundra Mammoth on an alliance character, you wouldn't get it on a horde character (assuming you have toons on both factions at the same time), since they are two different mounts (armor is blue for alliance and red for horde, and the npcs are faction specific). But after 5.1 you get both, and it looks like the game still counts them as two separate mounts, even though you bought only one of them. :headbang:
ImageImage
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Thank you for highlighting this. It would seem that Gryphons are also now transferring into Wind Riders and vice versa. Likewise, the Winterspring Frostsaber/Venomhide Ravasaur and the Spectral Gryphon/Wind Rider.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awesome find! Thank you! :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I'm especially happy the TB spectral horse is also part of it - I love the spectral wolf but I am definetly NOT doing those dang dailies all over again when my horde reaches 85/90, so I was ecstatic to see it on my undead when I logged on. It's a shame the PVP mounts don't seem to be tranferring though :( I guess they aren't too hard to get at least.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Suzi
Realm: Elune US, Nesingwary US

Unread post by Suzi »

I noticed this today and looked it up to see what other people were saying about it (this thread popped up in Google search). Characters on both factions now have both versions of the chopper, the level 25 guild mount, the raptor / frostsaber daily quest mount, the 3 seater mammoth, and the frosthowler wolf / stormpike ram when before I only had those on Horde. Love this change. :)

Tivoni of the Petopians on Nesingwary-US

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Grand Black Mammoth (VoA) is transferring as well.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Ahaha, figures, I had bought the Golden King mount for my Alliance toon last month... having the repair mammoth on her will be really nice, though. :D
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

So it's not only my mounts messed up. I had thought that maybe a bug snug it's way in my journal and I might lose the mounts again with the next patch/hotfix. I mostly play horde and have 130 mounts on this side and about 100 on alliance side since the patch. I had the alterac wolf and war mammoths and now I have the mammoth and a ram on ally side. I also did the quest for the raptor in Un'Goro and find my alliance toons with the winterspring cat. I never cared for mounts on alliance side. I never bought all the gryphons but now I have them. What I think rather strange is that I have all faction mounts on hordeside (hawkstriders, raptors, wolfes,..) but I don't have the faction mounts on alliance. So they don't seem to get transferred.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables