EDIT: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 FIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Skyshadow
Realm: Draenor

Re: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 --Guide--

Unread post by Skyshadow »

I'm looking for help on Kung's tame, would love some help :) I can't seem to get it right... I've had 3 diffrent ppl try n help me and it hasn't worked yet.

Battletag: Kristy#1812 (Horde)

Edit~
Ty so mush Mousie for you're help in taming Kung! :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shadowx wrote:Watcher here again and i see no point in banning the Watcher account. As ip bans etc are a bit pointless don't you think? And i was not attempting to troll before like some...
Your ban wasn't for the substance of your posts but for the fact you were here one day before openly speculating on the mental state of some of the community. This isn't the Blizzard forums.

As for the rest of your posts, thank you for the information. As Kalli pointed out, your original post really did convey a false impression that you wanted it kept quiet so you could exploit it in peace. I'm glad that wasn't the case.

As for the GM, yes, there tends to be a wide variety of opinions on any issue depending on which GM you speak to. We have communication from an actual developer last time that buff tames were possible, stating that they were a grey area and we should use common sense. Anything that retains a beneficial buff is a serious exploit, of course. I've no doubt this current trick will be patched at some point. It remains to be seen if it will result in all pets losing their buffs, even if they're just cosmetic. I believe that's what happened last time. It makes sense. The alternative is they'd have to go through a huge list of potential buffs and sort out which are beneficial and which cosmetic. I doubt they want to waste that many hours on it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

I'm too lazy to look through all 21 pages of this thread, so would anybody mind telling me if the flaming boars from the Tauren starting zone are still tamable through this method? Me and my friend have been trying for an hour now and no luck.

Mousie
Realm: Arygos

Unread post by Mousie »

Litlemouse wrote:I'm too lazy to look through all 21 pages of this thread, so would anybody mind telling me if the flaming boars from the Tauren starting zone are still tamable through this method? Me and my friend have been trying for an hour now and no luck.
They still are, if you need help, I'm pretty good with timing, and would be happy to help you tame one before the maintenance tomorrow.

My BT is Mousie#1821 on Horde-side.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Looking to help anyone who wants to tame somthing. 90 ally hunter (I can also help horde on my 70 pally if you want a low level tame.)

Kyro#1916

pm me here or in wow. Let go tame some critters! :D

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I sent you a friend request, however it wasn't working earlier when I was trying to friend somebody else, so in case you didn't get it for some reason, my BattleTag is Litlemouse#1904.

Subfocus
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Subfocus »

I used to be able to solo-tame the flaming boars, but lately I've had no luck.

I'm a level 60 fem orc, there's no dueling allowed there so I'm not sure how this "current" method would play out.
Any suggestions?
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I'll be looking for sha-goat assistance today while I periodically camp a rare, pm or what not if sha's in the right area on your server or my own server, I can help ya with your tames too. but not geared enough with the power-shot to 1shot it so would have to whittle it down then tame.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Arkld

Unread post by Arkld »

hotfixed
Last edited by Arkld on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

Ello!

It has been some time since I last played (got married, new baby:) and I just got my hunter to 90. I am going to try for a few of these tames to go along with the old ones in my stables. Unfortunately, my guildies are a little less enthusiastic about helping with these as they still raid most days of the week.
Forgive my naivety but I had a few questions:

What is the purpose/mechanic of being in a duel that affects these tames?
With CRZ, can anyone help anyone else on any server of the same region?

If so, any late-nighters on? I usually can only play now after I put the baby down for the night after her midnight feeding. :(
Thanks!
Warhammer#1550
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Glassdragon wrote:Ello!

It has been some time since I last played (got married, new baby:) and I just got my hunter to 90. I am going to try for a few of these tames to go along with the old ones in my stables. Unfortunately, my guildies are a little less enthusiastic about helping with these as they still raid most days of the week.

If so, any late-nighters on? I usually can only play now after I put the baby down for the night after her midnight feeding. :(
Thanks!
Warhammer#1550
Being in a duel allows the pet to remain 'killable' for a longer period, as the pet is still an enemy if tamed while in a duel, because the other person in an enemy. Normally, the window between a pet becoming attackable is much slimmer, as it turns blue/green and friendly when tamed if you and the other person are the same faction or not flagged.

Anyone can help, most people ask a Petopian or someone they know to help, the servers you are on does not matter.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Glassdragon wrote:Ello!

Thanks!
Warhammer#1550
When you duel the pet will remain hostel to the player in charge of killing it. This gives the killer a larger window of opportunity in which s/he can kill the beast for a successful tame. If you don’t duel (Or flag for pvp and have the other faction kill the pet) the pet will become friendly after the tame and you wont be able to kill it at the right time.
If you use Battle.tag (or real id I think) you can invite players from other realms and they will zone in to your realm so you can see each other. So yes, we can help. :)
Hope you found someone to help.

EDIT: looks like someone beat me to the question. :lol:

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Peach had an idea -- the spiders set aflame for the Golden Lotus dailies, when you're burning egg sacs. Anyone with the daily can give it a go, think they start at honored? The spiders are def tameable.

EDIT: Quest is 'That's not a rock!' and the torch given seems to be usable on anything in the zone -- lightning wolves, spiders, quilen -- a damage aoe burst (about 6k initial damage) is laid on the ground with the torch, but a separate fire buff is also applies. It does seem to fade away after a few moments, but has no timer on the buff itself.
Last edited by Dialga on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

Need a hand with that let me know just doing dailies between rare camping; no Sha along the trail horde side, so, no Ms Gloomgoat for me...yet.
Signature Kamoodle []
Mousie
Realm: Arygos

Unread post by Mousie »

Looks like they fixed it guys :(

Qinni and I were tamin' Grainhunter Hawks, completed a successful tame, the hawk was killed, I got the error message, the body disappeared and I logged out, logged back in, and found...

A regular hawk :(

I think they fixed this taming method guys..
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Mousie wrote:Looks like they fixed it guys :(

Qinni and I were tamin' Grainhunter Hawks, completed a successful tame, the hawk was killed, I got the error message, the body disappeared and I logged out, logged back in, and found...

Dammit. I missed my chance for a fire boar then? ...Again? -_-

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

I had that happen to me a while ago, and it wasn't. I think it was with the Sha Cranes? Happened like 3 times.

It's entirely possible it was, but until a bunch of reports come in saying that don't lose all hope.
Amber
Realm: Lightbringer-US

Unread post by Amber »

For me, about 1 in 30 successes result in a pet with no buff. I had it happen twice in a row at one point.

I can't test for a while because I have raid, but if you only failed once, then stopped, it's worth checking out a few more tames.
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

I am on now if anyone would like to try (or can help with) for Kung Din.

Just not sure how long I can be on.

Ally, WarHammer#1550
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

A regular hawk :( I think they fixed this taming method guys..

I agree with Dialga unless in next few days folks say they try and try & nothing then ya' never know... :) :hug: All you can do is keep trying or with different types of tames. Staring at ms gloomy goat right now, but everyone I know is raiding so can't try, hopefully this week if it's still available.
Signature Kamoodle []