Your Most Epic WoW Glitch

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Your Most Epic WoW Glitch

Unread post by Rawr »

My most epic glitch was back when ICC was current content and we had just finished Blood-Queen Lana'thel and were breaking up for the night. I hit my rocket boots and shot out the tiny hole in the floor, opening my shoot as soon as I started to fall. Me and my superior aiming skills :roll: flew over the bridge (one of the four in the middle) and slid under the ledge at the far end of the room. I then continued to float out of ICC. Floating along, waiting for my shoot to expire, I found myself in a strange place filled with rolling green hills and icy peaks. Eventually my shoot popped and I fell to my doom but my body kept drifting farther and farther out. It was Twilight Zone-ish.

My boyfriend's most epic glitch was in Firelands as he entered the last phase on Rag. He decided that using Heroic Leap to get over a boulder was a good idea, it was not. The game critical errored and booted him, not only that but it errored so hard it boot me off WoW as well :lol: . I was not in the raid with him and no one else in his raid was booted (and no our internet was fine, we were both on two different vents when it happened and they were still up and running). :mrgreen:

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Your Most Epic WoW Glitch

Unread post by Chimera »

I entered the UC elevator during the era where it would often usually kill you.

It killed me and I released, ran back, resurrected.

I did not resurrect in Undercity.

I resurrected hundreds of feet above the lake in Windshear Crag with 2 Abomination guards. The guards fell down with me into the lake and proceeded to climb the cliff on the far side of the lake. I swim to land and theres the little yellow/pink/blue Frenzy Fish floating around the crag. I had to keep angling my screen upwards because I was drowning half the time. There were Murlocs guarding the entrance to the crag and Shamblers jumping from tree to tree overhead.

Being a hunter, I started using my tracking to see what I could uncover and in Sun Rock Retreat, the mini map, when I switched to Track Undead suddenly went red. Like, it was completely red with gold outlining over every red dot. You could not see the land. Yet, there was not a single NPC to be seen.

I was in a party on my way to Shadowfang Keep at the time, this was back in the beginning of TBC which was why I was trying to get into UC, to take a taxi out to Silverpine. My party was just howling, they were in hysterics at what I was telling them. It was just unbelieveable.

The best part was that, while everything registered that I was in Stonetalon, my main Map when I brought it up kept showing I was in Lorderon.

------------------------------------------------------

Another event that happened to me was at the dwarven airstrip when it was still locked up. A friend of mine and I managed to sneak in and right now theres a dwarven tunnel in the mountain that has 2 guards and its blocked with a strong well decorated gate. That place didnt used to have a gate. It led to nowhere. I send my pet with eagle eye into the abyss and he fell for about half a minute and died. For whatever reason, I suddenly found myself falling over and over and over. There was a spirit healer INSIDE the abyss area so everytime i released I had the option to res. Regardless of if I ressed or not, I would keep falling and resetting.

------------------------------------------------------

A third event was when the same friend and i, on another adventure into lands we werent supposed to be in, was romping around a part of the wetlands that was untextured. It had nothing but brown dirt and you could see every square in the grid. We were having a blast running around, jumping around, having a great time. Suddenly, out of nowhere my friend is being eaten by a lvl ?? dragon with the same portrait as a full grown black dragon.

No dragon in sight. Nada. Nowhere. Not even sticking out of the ground. And it would not stop. It kept going and going, no matter what my friend did (he was a paladin so he could insta drop aggro), it would attack him. He had to heal just about every one to two attacks from the creature cause it was just nasty as hell. Eventually he coudnt keep up with it and died. Dragon turned on me and I died too. XD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Not particularly a glitch...but was funny to encounter a few minutes ago.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_030113_010950.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030113_010950.jpg (240.4 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Mine was probably one, which happened to my guild in Mogu'shan Vaults.

We were trying to kill heroic Gara'jal, and as you know, instead of normal damage enrage he casts spell which one shots everyone. One one attempt he started to cast this spell (normal enrage), but during that 2 sec cast, remaining raid members died. What happened was that Gara'jal despawned, but those spirits that he had summoned remained. Once we ran in, we were welcomed by volley of shadowbolts. Despite numerous attempts, no-one could get past Feng's platform. We tried to swap to normal and back, but spirits remained on heroic version. In the end, we had to kill the boss on normal.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Being a wall walker and going off the map, I used to see glitches all the time.

Caverns of Time before it rendered any floor or walls.

Floating trees.

And floating water.

Borders of zones.

End of the world.

Best pet ever.

LK got tired of us farming him so he activated cheat mode.
Last edited by Wassa on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I think your pet needs food :P

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Zetharl
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Zetharl »

Oh man, my favorite glitch (that I did many times on purpose) has to be Otherworld. It existed during the early parts of Wrath and was fixed in a few weeks. No screenshots of it since the comp I was using at the time is long-since dead, but there are videos around that you can check out. For those who don't know, it was basically a way to make the Server and your Client "disagree" about where your character was. For instance, Server-side your character would be in Eastern Kingdoms, but Client-side you'd be in Northrend. The zones were partially overlaid on each other which in this case would put Eastern Kingdoms npcs, objects, and players in Northrend. They'd be clipping through walls and walking in air on your screen, but for anyone else you'd be the one acting weird. This is how I was able to get the Acherus flight path on my hunter during Wrath (note that even though it would show up on my map I couldn't actually make use of the flight path).

The major thing that the Otherworld glitch allowed me to do was crash my server. Yeah I actually - unintentionally - crashed the Northrend world server on Hydraxis. I had done the opposite of the above example and was in Eastern Kingdoms with Northrend NPCs. Since the Client thought I was in Northrend, I was able to get on my flying mount and fly around Eastern Kingdoms on my screen. Wanting to mess with people, I flew over to where Wintergrasp would be and flew up and down through the ground in the courtyard of the fortress. Wanting to see if I could accept quests when like this, I talked to Ahbramis and accepted the Southern Sabotage quest. I was instantly booted after clicking accept and was unable to log onto my hunter. I logged onto my DK alt in Ironforge just fine and found trade chat all atwitter about Northrend having crashed.

One of the funnest days in my WoW career. :D

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

For me, it happened in the MoP beta
Logging in to find that the Sha of Anger was right on top of me. My pet aggroed, and the Sha just stood there, until he died. Was pretty awesome, watching a PET solo a CURRENT CONTENT WORLD BOSS. <(o.o)>

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

My husband and me sometimes fall out of warsong. If you get a fear in the horde base and it fears you through one of the wood-stacks there you can fall out of warsong. As annoying it might be when you were after an enemy carrying your flag as hilarious it is to take screenshots of it :D
Notice the nice purple and blue stripes on some buildings....
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_091912_201209.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091912_201209.jpg (243.39 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Finduilas wrote:Notice the nice purple and blue stripes on some buildings....

Those are the bases to invisible walls.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Just ran into this

ITS THE GOD OF THE DREAD WASTES. And also Jegus.

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

For intended glitching (exploration) I would have to say getting outside deepholm was pretty epic - that place seems to have been used by the developers to test random things and, since they didn't mean for players to get there, I guess they left it in. There's a random cut out from Crystalsong Forest there o.O Which to me seems like they were already in the (very?) early stages of Cataclysm when they made Wrath of the Lich King... That, or they took a test zone and said "You know what? Turn THIS into Deepholm" Either works I guess

Unintended, I would have to say something that happened to my mage back in WotLK. Somehow, my portals got messed up. Teleporting to Thunder Bluff took me out in the sea off the coast of Theramore. Teleporting to Undercity didn't do ANYTHING. Teleporting to Ogrimmar took me up in the sky above Ashenvale which somehow forced my character to run - in the sky - towards Ogrimmar, not caring about terrain, just running through everything untill she got to where the teleport would normally take her. I teleported to Silvermoon and luckily, that one worked normally. I logged out and didn't touch my Mage for a while...
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I've had several small, goofy things happen that I either went looking for (flying underneath Wintergrasp and Dalaran) or have forgotten, but one of the most epic random ones that I wasn't expecting happened during MoP, which surprised me, was on my hunter. I was going to BWL with a couple of friends to try and tame Chromaggus at level 69 and on one of my trips back to the orb I just randomly fell right through the floor and Blackrock Mountain until I eventually died. One of the weirdest things I've ever had happen to me in game. xD

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Angerfang
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore,Stormrage,

Unread post by Angerfang »

so many bunnies :)
Angerfang
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

and an oldy from BC Image
Angerfang
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I had several screenshots of menethil harbor boat fail like getting stuck in stonetalon mountains or winterspring but its not on this pc :(
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

I have come to the conclusion that I do not know what the meaning of life is anymore. I only took this image just a few minutes ago.

Attachments
WOWSCRNSHOT_030213_235616_crop.jpg
WOWSCRNSHOT_030213_235616_crop.jpg (118.11 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:I have come to the conclusion that I do not know what the meaning of life is anymore. I only took this image just a few minutes ago.

if your talking about the wyvern in there then its not a glitch. its part of a quest.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Qinni wrote:
Crotalus Horridus wrote:I have come to the conclusion that I do not know what the meaning of life is anymore. I only took this image just a few minutes ago.

if your talking about the wyvern in there then its not a glitch. its part of a quest.
It clearly appears to be a quest that took no effort on Blizzards part for them to make, as clearly no chain exists and the wyverns wings are going right through the sides of the cage.