Did 5.2 break Avoidance?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Did 5.2 break Avoidance?

Unread post by Maizou »

I've been playing today, and because everyone's on the Isle of Thunder, a LOT of regular rares are not being killed. I fly over Kun-Lai, and NPC Scan alerts me the Pandaren is up.

I fly down, send in my crane and begin to take her down. She uses Spinning Crane Kick... and 3 ticks later, my pet is dead.

She was hitting my pet for full damage with spinning crane kick, meaning 120k a tick.

I haven't had time to test this on other AoE skills, which is why I'm posting here.

Is avoidance broken for anyone else?
Karasan
Realm: Blackwater Raiders

Re: Did 5.2 break Avoidance?

Unread post by Karasan »

I had that same problem with a panda rare yesterday! I just had to leave it ALIVE! >.> I couldn't beat it :(
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

Ya they are deff taking full damage now.

Just used scatter and intimidation to stop the kick, and Silencing to stop the heals. Still doable but kind of a pain in the butt.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

My friend noticed that with his mindbender yesterday... hoo boy.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Glassdragon wrote:Ya they are deff taking full damage now.

Just used scatter and intimidation to stop the kick, and Silencing to stop the heals. Still doable but kind of a pain in the butt.
Most Pandaren rares are immune to scatter shot as of 5.2.

At least the two I tried killing today were.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Honestly, as long as this ONLY effects the Pandaren rare's crane kick, I wouldn't mind, because the Pandaren ones were too easy for pet classes (assuming you had the timing for stopping the heal).
I guess I need to practice with passifying my pet to get em out of there o:

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Tsuki wrote:Honestly, as long as this ONLY effects the Pandaren rare's crane kick, I wouldn't mind, because the Pandaren ones were too easy for pet classes (assuming you had the timing for stopping the heal).
I guess I need to practice with passifying my pet to get em out of there o:
Pet died do Jinyu caster's rain dance and mogu caster's purple crap.

Also died on Amber Shaper in LFR.

It seems to just not work period. All AoE seems to be given full damage to our pets.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Myzou wrote:
Glassdragon wrote:Ya they are deff taking full damage now.

Most Pandaren rares are immune to scatter shot as of 5.2.

At least the two I tried killing today were.
And a lot of things are immune to freezing traps. The Direhorns and Devilsaurs certainly are and so are some of the elite Mogu mobs.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Unsure, but this may have been fixed. Achilles (turtle) tanked the haywire construct on the Isle of Thunder last night.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Masquerain »

Definitely not fixed, was having problems with it on a panda rare last night (7th).
Apaché
Realm: Darrowmere

Unread post by Apaché »

i had problems with sahn waterhunter or w/e. i couldnt get him down! normally, it was easy as hell but neither my dino, my cat or my wolf could get him down. my pet was getting hit for 150k plus per tick, and there was NOTHING i could do.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Kalliope wrote:Unsure, but this may have been fixed. Achilles (turtle) tanked the haywire construct on the Isle of Thunder last night.
His skills do not count as AoE. :P I died trying to offset it with Feign on my Rogue.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah, my pet was just destroyed by a fairly low level panda rare- looks like Avoidance is having trouble with that ability!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Myzou wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Unsure, but this may have been fixed. Achilles (turtle) tanked the haywire construct on the Isle of Thunder last night.
His skills do not count as AoE. :P I died trying to offset it with Feign on my Rogue.
Ahh, wasn't sure, since it hit everyone - guess it's still targeted!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

I too have noticed Avoidance not working on Pandaren rares, which is a bit problematic as pet tends to be little slow when running away from them. But I managed to kill Ai-Li Skymirror (Dread Wastes) by scattering first Crane Kick, Intimidating second and scattering third. I haven't tested others, but if this works for all, those rares are killable, only requiring little more brain and timing than before for hunters.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

According to Crithto, Avoidance has been neutered because "rares are supposed to be a challenge for all classes". That's a shame that this change also means they are now near-impossible for hunters, and also make hunters heavily penalised in dungeons and raids. You simply can't move the pet fast enough to avoid all the damage which is why Avoidance was added in the first place.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

the most stupidest change ever on blizzard. my pet never died in lfr...now it dose.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Zhinru wrote:According to Crithto, Avoidance has been neutered because "rares are supposed to be a challenge for all classes". That's a shame that this change also means they are now near-impossible for hunters, and also make hunters heavily penalised in dungeons and raids. You simply can't move the pet fast enough to avoid all the damage which is why Avoidance was added in the first place.
This is a really, really, REALLY poor design if this is really what their mindset is. Let's break all pets in just about every situation, just so rares are a "Challenge" to everyone. Not only does this harm the entire class (let alone BM...), it is also completely ridiculous seeing as most of the other classes don't have much of a problem with the rares to begin with. If I don't find one of the rares alive, I'm usually finding it dead, that's how easy they are to defeat.

Further more, it could not have possibly been that difficult to reclassify the damage specifications on the rares so that Avoidance doesn't kick in (even if I disagree with them about it). Instead, they go out and nerf our entire class in terms of survivability. Survivability that THEY instituted because our pets and us were DYING too QUICKLY. PvP is going to be the equivalent of a shitstorm mating with a trainwreck in terms of pet capability. I really can't speak for raids, as I no longer raid, but I remember very unkindly the days pre-avoidance back when I did. (I'm looking at your fire walls, you black dragon bastard)

All in all, this was just a lack of judgement, how they came to this conclusion is beyond me, but their solution is even more out there.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

To be honest I haven't had a problem with pet survivability in AE attacks this patch. The panda rares yes, that spinning kick now hits for full damage, but for most mechanics still my pet can still just sit in stuff (i.e. Warscout's thunder crash and meteors). So I guess to me it is more like some attacks got reclassified as being not an AE attack (even if they are) and thus the pets are being affected by it, if that makes sense.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

peanutbuttercup wrote:To be honest I haven't had a problem with pet survivability in AE attacks this patch. The panda rares yes, that spinning kick now hits for full damage, but for most mechanics still my pet can still just sit in stuff (i.e. Warscout's thunder crash and meteors). So I guess to me it is more like some attacks got reclassified as being not an AE attack (even if they are) and thus the pets are being affected by it, if that makes sense.
I really hope this is the case/change they made. Like I said, I strongly disagree with the whole situation, but if they seem to think there's a problem, then what you posted should be the solution, not an overall "Avoidance" nerf.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael