Help Getting Loque'nahak

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Fohlenten
Realm: Moon Guard

Help Getting Loque'nahak

Unread post by Fohlenten »

At this point I'd be willing to just -see- Loque in the wild. This is the second day I've camped him for 9 hours total. I've been in this spot and every hour I fly around the basin to see if he's up. It's usually just me and another hunter who bother camping him. I haven't seen his corpse, and I haven't seen him tamed, in this entire time. Meanwhile I've seen King Krush twice (Three times if you count my first tame.), so does King Krush have a shared respawn timer now? If not, am I just unlucky? Also, what's his respawn timer? I saw in a video that he only respawns at certain times (On the hour, :20, :30, :50)

I'm sure you guys are used to answering these questions and helping people get him.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: Help Getting Loque'nahak

Unread post by Gimlion »

His respawn timer can be rather ridiculous, there was a time where I had just gotten my tame stolen (I did get him eventually, so don't give up), went to clear my cache, started circling for KK, and then found his skinnable corpse not more than 20 minutes later. Then I've gone days of constant circling without ever seeing him ever. He is by far the hardest rare to find. With all of his spawns, paired with other hunters, rare-hunters, miners, skinners, herbalists, AND CRZ, it's almost as tough finding him now as it was when the zone was new.

One thing that happens is unreported killings or tames. Someone, it could literally be anyone from your CRZ area, will fly in, for one reason or another, spot the rare, kill for achieve and skin (or let someone else skin), or tame the beast. They smile, maybe dance, then mount up and fly out without any words ever traded. It may not seem fair to you that they randomly found a pet you've waited a long time for, but it happens.

It took me nearly 4 years of on-off camping and circling to finally tame my own Loque, and it felt so sweet to finally have him tamed. All you need is a bit of luck, but you'll get him, just be patient and persistent. Keep at it and the time will be trivial once you actually have him.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Fohlenten

Gah! Literally 2 seconds too late, another hunter got the tame.

Every vibe in my body made me want to distracting shot him.

Anyway, at least I know when he was tamed.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Fohlenten wrote:I saw in a video that he only respawns at certain times (On the hour, :20, :30, :50)
Completely inaccurate. If he spawns at those times, it's a coincidence, not a pattern.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Chlorure
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Chlorure »

Your best bet is to find someone on the server The Venture Co. This server is completely CRZ free and is a low population due to its RPPVP tag.
That's how I got my loque and my king krush in less then 5 minutes.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Chlor, if it's low population, that would mean you're one of the bigger candidates for CRZ to get more people on that server. :P

but as Kalli said, yes that's inaccurate. Just keep trying. He will arrive for you soon!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope

Junrei wrote:Chlor, if it's low population, that would mean you're one of the bigger candidates for CRZ to get more people on that server. :P
Not on The Venture Co. - they're miraculously not CRZed with anyone. Lucky. ;)

YouTube Edition

Fohlenten

I'll have to try Venture Co. I tried Black Dragonflight and Azuremyst, but people had the same idea as me there. (Unless Tich is CRZed to both regular and pvp servers.)

But yeah, it turns out the spawn times are inaccurate, and are partially what caused me to miss him last night.

Night 3 coming soon~
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Kalliope wrote:
Fohlenten wrote:I saw in a video that he only respawns at certain times (On the hour, :20, :30, :50)
Completely inaccurate. If he spawns at those times, it's a coincidence, not a pattern.
I wouldn't say completely. While the spawn time is completely random within a set "spawn rate", certain patterns can occur after a while, usually from spawns that happen on certain hours.

My example; I used to camp Ankha for entire weekends for several months, of course to no avail. I would always get a Magria spawn, once 6 in a row without missing a spawn. The twins had formed a habit of "Spawning one the :15" one week because the timer usually popped on/near an even hour of time. Of course any little changes were marked as slightly skewed spawn times, and ignored by most. This habit is where the rumors come from.

Now to break the rumor. One night, I was logging in to do my spawn check, as I was at Mag's last spawn, and knew it'd be coming in 3-5 hours after. Well I logged in at about the 2:30 mark, early so I could daily. By the 3 hour mark, or ":15 after" as my realm was calling it, a crowd of about 6 hunters swooped in for a chance at their spectral kitty. There was no spawn. Neither appeared at the magical :15 after. So people waited, thinking it was a little late, nope. Next hour, the cat had not spawned, and another swarm of hunters flew in, right on time. Again, no cat. The next hour, the same thing. Eventually people stopped showing up, but I was determined to get my Ankha (still had not tamed Loque at this point). After 5:22 from the previous spawn, or :37 after the regular hour, my NPC Scan went off, for ANOTHER Magria.

I told people the next day when another fresh swarm flew in, no one believed me, until she spawned at :44 after, then at a :2 after, then a :53 after. (All, by the way, Magrias...)

TL;DR Sometimes they form short habits of spawning at certain times, but it doesn't last forever, and new "certain times" doesn't necessarily mean a new pattern for another week.

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope

Thanks, Gimlion; that's a much more detailed explanation of why. :)

YouTube Edition

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Kalliope wrote:Thanks, Gimlion; that's a much more detailed explanation of why. :)
:lol: :mrgreen: Figured I'd help explain, I'm just sitting around waiting until I have to go work anyways. :lol:

Fohlenten

And there's his corpse. And a warrior I unfortunately know flying away from the corpse.

Why are people like this?
Chlorure

Unfortunately, Loque'Nahak is a criteria for Northrend's frostbitten achievement. :(
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Junrei wrote:Chlor, if it's low population, that would mean you're one of the bigger candidates for CRZ to get more people on that server. :P
Something tells me that'll get fixed sooner or later. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Junrei wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Maybe. Depends on what happens with CRZ in general.

YouTube Edition

Chlorure

Junrei wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
The only thing I can see getting fixed is them getting CRZed with the two other RPPVP servers still making them the smalles CRZ ever.
They are CRZ free right now because they are the only RPPVP server in their battlegroup.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Considering they're mixing normal servers with pvp servers(last I saw), I'm sure the rppvp isn't a big deal. They can mix you with normal pvp servers or regular rp servers.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Junrei wrote:Considering they're mixing normal servers with pvp servers(last I saw), I'm sure the rppvp isn't a big deal. They can mix you with normal pvp servers or regular rp servers.
Normal and PvP servers aren't being mixed. People are inviting their friends over to visit.

YouTube Edition

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

The only time PVP and PVE servers were CRZ'd was in beta when there was a very limited number of servers to merge together.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalliope

Makoes wrote:The only time PVP and PVE servers were CRZ'd was in beta when there was a very limited number of servers to merge together.
This still happens on the PTR as well, which makes finding Loque and other old rares hard to find, even there, since some people actually "play" the PTR. :roll:

(Yay, I brought us back on topic! Sort of.)

YouTube Edition