200 Mount Achievement Reward...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Re: 200 Mount Achievement Reward...

Unread post by Malackai »

Zhinru wrote:I would hope the dragonhawks are a placeholder, and the faerie dragon/new bat are the 200 reward.
actually I think those 2 are going to be the dominance piont rep v2 mounts.
there's most likely a reputation attached to the new 5.3 or 5.4 (sieging of orgimmar)
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Malackai wrote:actually I think those 2 are going to be the dominance piont rep v2 mounts.
there's most likely a reputation attached to the new 5.3 or 5.4 (sieging of orgimmar)
We haven't heard anything about new dailies in 5.3 which is what makes me think it's not rep. And I can't say a dragonhawk isn't a little... underwhelming.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Well I am going to be different cause I love dragonhawks lol my Armani is one of my faves! but I hope they make it look extremely awesome

and that this isn't the april fools joke but then again if it is a lot of angry mount collectors out there lol

which reminds me I am only at 197 on Sas.. I must get more lol or I could stop being cheap and buy the yaks and stuff I don't have lol

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

As an ex Horde, an Armored Dragonhawk sounds awesome. I have the Amani and the Blue, and the Sunreaver was one of my fav mounts back when I was a Belf. I can understand the discontent of Horde players if it is a recolored Sunreaver, but as Alliance it wouldn't irritate me in the least. The new awesome renditions of the Wyverns (not too crazy about the Gryphons tbh) and the bats are just... wow. If they remodeled the hawks and gave some slick armor to them, that would be insane.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

"Mount Parade
Progress on this achievement is shared account wide."

Does that mean it is going to count all of your mounts on your account? As in both Horde and Alliance side? Tis a little confusing the way it is worded.

I know the 150 does not count both sides together-the WoW character sheet says I have 210 mounts, but because some are alli only and some are horde only, they are not counting for me on the 150 achievement (for that I need about 3 more mounts on my alli side).
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I’m kind of split on this one. As an ally, an armored dragonhawk is awesome. But they have given us one for a mount achive before so I’m a bit underwhelmed. Why not a new heavenly cloud serpent? Or better yet a skyscreamer? Maybe even something a bit more old world like a fire hawk.
I like dragonhawks but their inability to land and their lack of a mount special sometimes bugs me. :? Of course I will take what I can get and proudly show it off, but its surprising that they would use another dragonhawk.

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Shade wrote:"Mount Parade
Progress on this achievement is shared account wide."

Does that mean it is going to count all of your mounts on your account? As in both Horde and Alliance side? Tis a little confusing the way it is worded.

I know the 150 does not count both sides together-the WoW character sheet says I have 210 mounts, but because some are alli only and some are horde only, they are not counting for me on the 150 achievement (for that I need about 3 more mounts on my alli side).
The way those achievements count mounts is... complicated.

For example, many mounts have a counterpart in the other faction and when you first log onto that faction's character, you get that opposite automatically. Example: mekgineer's chopper -> mechano-hog. The achievements usually count the total number of mounts you get on the character after converting all the faction-restricted mounts. (Some faction mounts are still not converted, AFAIK)

Now, Armory actually counts the convertible mounts TWICE. It counts both the Alliance version, and the converted Horde version, because as far as Armory is concerned, they're two separate mounts, both available on your account. However, in the actual game you can only use one of them, and that's what the achiev is counting!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Suicune wrote:If they remodeled the hawks and gave some slick armor to them, that would be insane.
If they did that, it would make me happier, but after the jade kite, I just don't know... it feels to similar. That and tbh, the dragonhawk mount still looks rather beautiful even though it arrived in the 2nd expansion. It's not half as dated looking as the wyvern and to a lesser extent the gryphons, which again make me think they will just reskin the sunreaver....

(**Note** This is just a skin edit)

….but will happily eat my words if it's not ;)

Zhinru wrote:The way those achievements count mounts is... complicated.........
........However, in the actual game you can only use one of them, and that's what the achiev is counting!

Agreed. As much as I do enjoy having access to all my mounts on my alts, I only have only ever benefitted from 1 one from an alt to my main in the merge. And I even faction transferred one of my toons just to make sure that I wasn't "missing" out on anything (in the whole double up thing) because it was that confusing :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I was thinking... while a unique model would be wonderful, a windsteed wouldn't be too bad if they don't have time to go to the effort of creating a whole new model. The *only* windsteed in the game currently is from the Blizzard Store, so this would be the only way to get one if you don't want to pay real cash, and there's already a bunch of other lovely colours.

Another riding quilen would be another option. There's a bunch of other colours for those, but I think the only one that's available is the Collector's Edition one. So another case of "not unique but the only option if you don't spend cash".
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Poearia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank

Unread post by Poearia »

Just saw this posted up on mmo-champ forums:

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

The way dragonhawks fly makes me dizzy :/. Not happy about this one!!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah, so maybe it IS a new one. We can hope so! Though I still won't get too excited. I find it very rare that I like *any* armoured beast in the game as much as its bare counterpart. A few I even find the armour completely detracts from the design of the beast.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

To be fair, all of the mount-cheevo mounts have been recolors of existing mounts as it is, so... the fact that this isn't a whole new model doesn't surprise me.

Honestly, I'd love to have an armored d'hawk. Then again... I'm Alliance soooo (well, and my horde alts are lazy.)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Wain wrote:Ah, so maybe it IS a new one. We can hope so! Though I still won't get too excited. I find it very rare that I like *any* armoured beast in the game as much as its bare counterpart. A few I even find the armour completely detracts from the design of the beast.

Indeed, I do think the armored arena cata/mop mounts are nice.

But for the most part the armor is too much. Like Tyraels Charger. :c
ImageImage
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Poearia wrote:Just saw this posted up on mmo-champ forums:

That image gives me hope... though I hope I am not disappointed! :lol: I know if it WAS a recolored (hopefully fancily) Sunreaver, I would love it, even it being a rehash, but if they completely redo the model, I fear I might not like it. I liked the new Landfall mounts until I really looked at them better, the Alli ones are terrible in my opinion. The armored one doesn't look AS bad, but blech, he has a terrible buzzard beak, and plastic wings. The Wyvern (unarmored) has some wonky bits to it, but the armored is one of my fav mounts, and I'm jealous to have it on my bank alt and not any of my mains lol.

It could go either way. The new bats are absolutely AMAZING, so hopefully these hawks follow the same vein if the DO remake the models. I think a nice deep royal blue or violet with delicate silver armor would be very nice, or a pretty white one with gold armor, something very different from current colors.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I have to wonder if they will be going by the mount journal or will they be going by account wide?
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'm sure they'll be account wide. I think the only ones that aren't are SOME (not all) of the PVP ones... and even then I'm not sure anymore.

I mean, I bought the black war horse and now I have the black war wolf, gratis and for nothin'. Same with the war bear.

At any rate, all of the other 'you have x mounts' achieves are accountwide so I see no reason why this one won't be too. After all, the -achievement- is an account cheevo.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

The mounts:

Ally:

Horde:

Armor's a lil different...that's it. I'm glad I haven't bothered collecting more mounts after the letdown of the 150 achi. Feels like there's no point bothering to get every mount for the achi when the reward is pathetic compared to things you'll already have.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think they look quite different in action, and more importantly, they -are- different from the Sunreaver (which doesn't have the dangling chains/ribbons or back spikes).

I don't know if I'll ever manage to -get- one, because I think this expac has made me never want to grind fac rep again... but it's something I look forward to if I ever do. Maybe in a couple more expacs.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I personally love these guys. The alliance one is absolutely gorgeous imo. I just wish I had the funds both in and out of game and the time to get to 200 mounts... Lol

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael