faerie dragon mount?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: faerie dragon mount?

Unread post by Chimera »

Doctress wrote:
Shalyth wrote:
Myzou wrote:
The outcry on that would be MUCH worse than if they were faction-specific.
Not really. I only just barely inched to 150 mounts about like a month or two after the kite went live so I sure as hell won't be seeing the 200th reward for many months to come but at least I know I can ride it on BOTH factions opposed to just one which may be the one faction I never play /is a hordie for life :)
I think it's the fact nobody would see it. Truthfully does it make more sense to be alliance only? Yes, I remember vanilla wow the horde slaughtering and capturing Faerie Dragons in Feralas. BUT it's so unique that I'm still betting its a store mount. This mount can change colors. That's something that definitely screams store mount. I personally don't think it's a mount achievement. The Dragonhawk is already confirmed even though it hasn't been seen and I don't think that they'd put the next tier out when there's only one known achievement. That's my opinion but I'm thinking how fancy all store bought mounts are....this one totally fits that bill.
Personally if Blizz store never existed it would be the perfect reward for 200 because it'd be so hard to get and be so unique in the realm of mounts as to change color. It would keep the people who were pretty much that far up or almost that far happy for months till everyone else eventually caught up.

Achievements are never completely exclusive in the long run, eventually if they are permanent additions they will become more and more popular as people finally work their way up. Blizz throws like a good 10+ mounts out every patch and like a good 20 with every expansion (just examples, no research done XD) so its not actually that hard as long as RNG for those drop encounters or spawn sites bring you relatively regular luck and you don't mind spending gold or jp/hp on the others. :)

But all in all Blizz did say there was a different for the achievement and blizz store does exist xD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

The in-game mail for the Dragonhawk exists. The dragonhawk itself doesn't yet though.

It's probably a new model altogether.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

As long as it looks like a Dragonhawk I will be happy.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

If anyone didn't see there is a blue post now that states the sprite darter change to the mount model for the mini pets is due to a file error and will soon be corrected.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bulletdance wrote:If anyone didn't see there is a blue post now that states the sprite darter change to the mount model for the mini pets is due to a file error and will soon be corrected.
Yeah, it was fixed with the last patch :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Five gold says it's a Blizz Store mount...that I will attempt with all my power to buy on the day of release.

SHINY!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Maybe it will be tied to the Darkspear uprising somehow. Maybe if you get exalted, you get to buy this Faerie dragon as Alliance, and the Bat as Horde. Or, it could be a store mount, which I am personally 100% hoping for, because if it happened to be tgc or raiding or something like 300 mount achievement I would have no way to get it.. And i'd cry because I'm in love with it c.c Sorry if that sounds greedy lol =(

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Nah, I hope it's a Blizz Store mount too. I'd be pissed off if only Alliance could get it because I only play Horde. :/

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

MMOC has models up for the new dragonhawks. Horde d'hawk is gray with red armor, Alliance is white/gold with blue armor. Both look nice, I think! The horde one doesn't look particularly much like the Sunreaver one either, so that's good.

Also there's some kind of weird armored skelepony, and an icon labeled 'pegasusmount' though the latter has no datamined model as yet.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

That's such a cute mount!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Betting Blizzstore. It's cute tho, and the fact it changes colors is pretty sweet. Why can't we get cool stuff like this for the mount achis anymore? I did like the original dragonhawk for the 100 achi, but 150 and 200 is just sad. Oh well. The only thing I don't like about this mount is the super large eyes...other than that, it's very pretty!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I love the sprite darter mini pet, it's my favorite of them all. However, I personally find the mount version hideous. It's almost like the mini pet looks like the adult, and the mount looks like the young one with the chubbiness and enormous eyes. Bleh. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

noooo noo blizzard store .. I still stuggle paying real money for an ingame thing especially $25... when you don't have a job and waiting to hear if you are on AISH money is tight lol.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Rhyela wrote:I love the sprite darter mini pet. However, it's almost like the mini pet looks like the adult, and the mount looks like the young one with the enormous eyes.
I like the mount model overall, but I do wish the eyes were like the mini pet's.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I'm hoping for Blizz store. My wife loves it and I have to admit, it's pretty cool and unique.

Firstborn Dragon
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Firstborn Dragon »

Frankly with how Allies have been ripped off by mounts before (We get the store pony without wings as our PvP hub mount in Cata for example) I hope we get something better then the horde for once.

Heck even the horde's direhorn mount is better then ours, as it's the ONLY red version, whereas there's a near identical version to the ally mount from the warbringers.

And let's not forget about the uproare over the cheap mounts that the worgen recived to 'balance' mount count.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Firstborn Dragon wrote:Frankly with how Allies have been ripped off by mounts before (We get the store pony without wings as our PvP hub mount in Cata for example) I hope we get something better then the horde for once.

Heck even the horde's direhorn mount is better then ours, as it's the ONLY red version, whereas there's a near identical version to the ally mount from the warbringers.

And let's not forget about the uproare over the cheap mounts that the worgen recived to 'balance' mount count.

There is no near identical mount from warbringers.
ImageImage
Firstborn Dragon
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Firstborn Dragon »

Meggers wrote:
Firstborn Dragon wrote:Frankly with how Allies have been ripped off by mounts before (We get the store pony without wings as our PvP hub mount in Cata for example) I hope we get something better then the horde for once.

There is no near identical mount from warbringers.
Amber is VERY close to it. Only it has the swirls instead of the stipes.

There's nothing remotely close to the red on the horde gets.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I speculate that this mount is a hint that the next expansion would be about the Emerald Dream.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah, I still feel pretty cheated about the Gilnean horse mounts (the fast/black one still has a broken run cycle at epic speed, too...), when they showed us that badass boar thing at Blizzcon. That's what really made it feel like a bait and switch.

(to wit, this.)

Also, for comparison:
Amber Direhorn <-------> Primal Golden direhorn
Image Image

The amber one is obviously much duller (and made of rock covered with spirals), but by the same token... red is WAY different than any of the other direhorn mounts. They should've given the allies the white one with blue and gold trappings on it.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket