How I caught...

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

How I caught...

Unread post by ashdawn »

I always love storys of how people get the pets they love today, so let us hear your storys of taming your furry friends and your beast buds, here are some of my storys.

Skoll: after hours of fighting an alliance hunter who was flagged with full pvp gear I gave up and logged off, I came back 2 hours later and still didn't find skoll I decided to go to the other spawn spots, nothing. I come back to where the alliance was and there was skoll being tamed by alliance, my friend was following me, he death gripped her and watched me steal her tame right in front of her! mwahahhaah

Skoll 2: After freeing my other skoll I decided to start a fresh and go back and try and tame it again, I sat down ready to catch him, an hour later NPC scan goes off and its the time lost proto drake! i try to get it but it was already tagged, a few more hours NPC scan went off again while I was drinking and eating a hot dog. I almost choked, I decided to name my skoll tonitrua this time because its latin for thunder

Arcturis: Sitting there. ages near that pretty river a level 77 dwarf comes up to me. I was killing some guys at the town near him and had pvp enabled. a panda bot ran by about level 74 or something. the dwarf attacked the panda, and I attacked him after killing him multiple times I saw many drakes in the sky and quickly got ganked by an entire guild. I ran back and stealthed then flew away, went to check gondria's spawn point, she wasnt there but when I came back, there he was in all his glory.

Loque,nakah (kinda): In a nutshell, my tame got stolen by some level 76 troll.

Loque'nahak, (success!): after 4 days of camping 1 spawn point I decided to take a break, I was about to send a broadcast asking people if they want to run ICC then suddenly NPC scan goes off, I skip a heart beat and have a stomach ace, im so happy right now C:

Hutia: after failing many times I got my deathknight friend to help, we kept failing. we went to repair and came back to see a hunter trying to tame it and doing a bad job at only level 88. he got it down to 50% health from there we got to the right amount and started taming! :D

Gumi: My death knight friend got 5 people from his guild. gumi quickly killed all 5 people and I just apsect of the cheetah and concussive shoted him and dpsed him down fairly quickly, I must say gumi must be the easiest tame due to the fact you only need to cast 1 spell every 5 or so seconds. and just dps as much as possible in that 5 seconds.

Ghostcrawler and quall: (they both we the same story in a nutshell) ok, I got snacks music, youtube videos, and 2 drin- oh... they are already spawned... YAY! :D
Last edited by ashdawn on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: How I caught...

Unread post by Lisaara »

Skoll - Eh...I dont like the idea of someone stealing a tame from another. Makes you no better than the next person who steals the tame from you.

Grats on the others you got legit though.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

I went back there the next day and saw he tame it so I didnt feel so bad afterwards.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Grats on your tames.
As for Skoll, That's a pretty.. uh... *ahem* interesting story. I'm not sure if I could ever keep a pet that I knew I stole like that. Killing or stealing a tame while someone else is actually trying to tame for themselves really bugs me :x No matter the excuse or if they find it again later. But that might just be me. xD

Anyways, grats again on some lucky tames!

Siggy under construction!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bowno wrote:Grats on your tames.
As for Skoll, That's a pretty.. uh... *ahem* interesting story. I'm not sure if I could ever keep a pet that I knew I stole like that. Killing or stealing a tame while someone else is actually trying to tame for themselves really bugs me :x No matter the excuse or if they find it again later. But that might just be me. xD

Anyways, grats again on some lucky tames!
Same. I couldn't keep a pet if I stole it(luckily I never have). I would've atleast apologized to the dude later.

LisaaraPokefarm

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Well I do feel bad, If I ever were to see another skoll, I'd release the one I already have just to clear myself, I have been thinking about camping it again but I have been camping loque'nakah, I dont want to do that again in a plane white zone, I dunno :C pets are pets I guess

[EDIT] He was almost my first "real" pet and my first spirit beast, the first pet that I really "bonded" with.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Stealing a tame is never the way to do things. For all you knew, it was his first too. Believe me, maybe someday if you see skoll again, you can tame him legitly. Hell if you're on US, I can help you look for him and Loque.

*patpat* But seems the lesson is learned, even if it was the hard way. I know it can be tempting. I've had the temptation of killing the pet from some ninja but I stopped myself....and it took a lot of willpower....

I still recommend an apology to him if you remember his name.

LisaaraPokefarm

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

yeah Ill be camping him again for sure, but im not releasing until I see him :P sadly Ill need to do it without npc scan, anyways. how bout your storys? C:
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Junrei wrote:Stealing a tame is never the way to do things. For all you knew, it was his first too. Believe me, maybe someday if you see skoll again, you can tame him legitly. Hell if you're on US, I can help you look for him and Loque.

*patpat* But seems the lesson is learned, even if it was the hard way. I know it can be tempting. I've had the temptation of killing the pet from some ninja but I stopped myself....and it took a lot of willpower....

I still recommend an apology to him if you remember his name.
How do I say sorry to someone of the other faction? I dont remember their name though, otherwise I would but I remember her gear and face and the fact she has skoll and arcturis (I know it wasnt her first because she had arcturis btw) so If I ever find her again, ill be sure to do that :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Just make a level 1 opposite faction alt on whatever server they're from and whisper them. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

oh... ok x3

I can see why they did differant languages, but its more of a pain than helpful to people like us, if we were to kindly ask someone to leave due to the fact we have stayed here for ages, you need to shoo them then thank them then do all sorts of weird stuff.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well I think back in vanilla wow, the barrier wasn't there....and people abused it, especially pvpers. x.x; So yeah, now we have it. Trust me, I know the feeling. I hate how you can't use custom emotes to them.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Yeah, the Skoll tame was pretty assholish behaviour tbh. Hunters across factional divides seem to have a kindred fellowship that I've never seen with any other class. Hell an Ally hunter stood politely by and waited her turn whilst I tamed Dethtilac back in Cata, and cheered when I got it done. No trolling, no rude gestures, no pet killing, just friendliness and pleasure at seeing it tamed successfully.
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Yeah Im normally like it these days but level (whatever level I was when I tamed skoll) didnt know even about petopia. this morning I saw a flagged hunter taming loque, instead of killing him I took note of his respawn time and hopefully I can get him within the next few hours.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

That's the petopian spirit!

Are you on a US server? If so, I can keep my eyes peeled for loque.

LisaaraPokefarm

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

sounds strange but I do prefer to have no help at all, its much more rewarding that way, thats how I have been since wrath. but if you happen to see him in SB just say in general if you arnt looking for him, there may be a chance ill be crossrealmed, maybe not.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Not strange at all. It's the Thrill of the Hunt. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

izybel
Realm: eu ragnaros

Unread post by izybel »

Ghostcrawler and Arcturis have been my only real issues. The others ive gone, looked for and tamed. all within minutes (the luck of a good woman :p) 5 times Ghostcrawler spawned, after hours of camping and a hunter (from another server! damn x realms) has stolen him from under my nose. I finally got him at 11:30 last night after raiding on my main. I went for a quick peek and there he was, finally without another hunter to steal him from me :) yay to me. Arcturis on the other hand continues to ellude me :(
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Arcturis is an elusive one.

LisaaraPokefarm

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Agreed, I have gotten extremely lucky with my tames so far, loque'nahak and gondria are my first 2 road blocks.