The incomprehensibility of the bat nerf...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

The incomprehensibility of the bat nerf...

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

(as opposed to the nerfbat, I suppose? I don't know...)

Okay so... this came up on MMOC...

Sonic Blast now has a 2 min cooldown, up from 1 min.

Does this strike anyone else as ridiculous, petty, and unneeded? First of all... I don't exactly see very many bats, like...ever.

Secondly, Bat stun is already inherently -inferior- to Wasp stun (which is the same 2sec stun but only on a 45s cooldown), or Bad Manners (a 4sec Blind (basically a stun) on a 1m cooldown). Basilisk banish (which admittedly has the downside of invulnerability) lasts 3sec on a 1m cooldown. Porcupine Quill is an -AOE STUN- for 2sec on a 1m cooldown.

Why the -hell- are they picking on bats. Why should poor bats get to be inferior to every other pet with a similar (or in some cases identical) skill. I suppose the answer to this is them nerfing EVERY pet skill because apparently we're not allowed to have CC (even though traditionally hunters have always been kind of the "CC Class"....) but so far?

What did bats ever do to you, Blizzard? Seriously?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: The incomprehensibility of the bat nerf...

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I guess someone in charge of Hunters, is having a bad day.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Ugh. That is stupid.
Time to get rid of my bats I guess.

Siggy under construction!

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

:'( NOOO! bye apples :(
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, look at the BM nerf in the same light... sigh...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Why are hunters even getting nerfed? Last time I checked we weren't considered OP in terms of dps (pve anyway)...should be focusing on warlocks my god lol!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Well this just seems silly but after 7 or so years watching hunters getting the shaft out of nowhere for no reason I am not surprised anymore.

I am starting to wonder,
During vanilla hunter where a meh class (lacerate anyone)in pve we where middle to bottom i think (cant remember exactly), but also in PVP dead zone got abused like crazy not to mention we used mana as well people during that time simply got used to hunters being free HK. But every time we get buffed during new expacs people all of a sudden have to deal with hunter being on the same footing like others and because they are not used to that and still being stuck in the mindset of vanilla hunters being easy and free HK they simply start to moan.

Remember Wrath beta numerous hunters said we where finally on par with the rest of the pure dps classes raid/dungeon wise when we hit max level and started gearing, we where only a tad OP during the leveling phase. yet so many people bitched and moaned that their freshly lv DPS/hybrid was way to low compared to the hunters so what did blizzard do they nerved the crap out us. result during leveling we where on par with the rest yet when everyone started gearing we fell way behind.

CATA same thing happened. during the start we where a little OP think it was a 3-5k marge compared to mages and others. so we got nerfed then the rest of the exspac we fell behind with mages completely destroying everything, but the intensity of the moaning towards mages was way less then towards hunters and I think that is because people are simply used to mages being top dps.

Same is happening now with the pvp aspect hunters where most of the time at a disadvantage. And now at the start of MoP we could finally fight back people where not expecting it and simply moan because they dont like changes. for once I am simply glad they did not completely caved this exspac when people started moaning again on our raid/dungeon dps. And you already notice people moan way less about it now then they did at the release of the exspac.

I am pretty sure that most of these silly changes pretty much stern from this mindset.
Sorry for the wall of text :P
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

All of our CC options are getting nerfed to the ground. As fun as hunter was - exactly due to that - I'm starting to feel like I will have to keep my hunter just for collecting pets.
Kitchu/Sknot
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar

Unread post by Kitchu/Sknot »

i dont even play hunters now havnt raided with kit been playing a resto druid and sknot is still 85 same with my undead hunter
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I don't mind if they increase the CD, but please increase the stun range and time, maybe 30yard and 3 second stun? I mean, please?
Or something along the line of, if the stun is only 2 secs, and the cd is 2 minutes, it will also increases the speed of the bat by 70% for 10 seconds, or something :P.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Zhinru wrote:All of our CC options are getting nerfed to the ground. As fun as hunter was - exactly due to that - I'm starting to feel like I will have to keep my hunter just for collecting pets.
Pet collecting isn't really a challenge anymore either. Battle pets are more work than hunter pets....
Account has been closed at user's request.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Slickrock wrote:
Zhinru wrote:All of our CC options are getting nerfed to the ground. As fun as hunter was - exactly due to that - I'm starting to feel like I will have to keep my hunter just for collecting pets.
Pet collecting isn't really a challenge anymore either. Battle pets are more work than hunter pets....
I don't care about challenge, I just want fancy pets. :P

If I wanted challenge, I'd love those changes. They're gonna make doing what I was doing before near-impossible.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'm baffled by these changes. I wasn't aware that stunlocking hunters were a problem. Is this a thing? Does Blizzard know something that the majority of us don't? What is going on? :|

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't get this either, frankly.

And...more specifically... why JUST BATS. Porcupines and wasps have inherently superior versions of this ability yet (so far anyway) they haven't been affected.

Shouldn't ALL versions of an ability be, you know... the same?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

They're preemptively making sure that when they take Intimidation away that we just don't grab our wasp/shale spider/bat and ....continue to get completely mauled in PVP, I guess. Expect every single pet ability that can be used on another player to get nerfed to the extent that bats have, bats are just the first.
Kalliope

The porcupine ability breaks on damage; that's not superior, unless you're looking for a different set of DRs.

YouTube Edition

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I was pretty much lumping all stuns into the same category. Still, porcupines are AOE and the only AOE CC available as far as I know in pet abilities. That still doesn't explain why wasps (which I THINK is the same as bats) is only on a 45s CD.

Kalliope

Nachtwulf wrote:I was pretty much lumping all stuns into the same category. Still, porcupines are AOE and the only AOE CC available as far as I know in pet abilities. That still doesn't explain why wasps (which I THINK is the same as bats) is only on a 45s CD.
I've never understood the varying cds on the pets with interrupts either. There's a lot of inconsistency there that's just beyond me.

YouTube Edition

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

I misread the thread title as "The incomprehensibility of the nerf bat".

Seriously, is WoW slowly merging with Soviet Russia or something? O_O
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

In Soviet Warcraft, pets tame YOU.