Skarr and his disappearing act...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Skarr and his disappearing act...

Unread post by Torachi »

So, looks like today is really not my day.

I had parked Tor out on Fireplume Peak last night, figuring I'd start my camp for the elusive cat the next day. When I logged on today, he's no where to be seen, so I just settle back, chat with a b.net friend, and wait for a little while... suddenly, he appeared to my left, snoozing on a small little floating rock. Now, I had already had a frustrating time getting up to the Peak the night before; solid, uncracked rocks were acting as if they didn't even exist, and I'd just fall to my death in the abyss below. As I attempted to angle myself to get of a silencing shot, and begin the tame, I slipped, and fell down onto a tiny little rock right in front of the cat... and he didn't appreciate my dropping by. He immediately began trying to burn my face off, but I managed to get my silencing shot off, and started to tame him... my heart was pounding, palms were sweating, and I was praying for the tame beast spell to hurry a little more and finish. 4, 3, 2, 1... it finished. My heart skipped a beat, and suddenly... I fell. The rock I was on, still uncracked, glitched, and no longer held me up. I had enough time to see that Skarr, despite my tame beast spell finishing, was still very hostile, and very angry... and POOF. He was gone. There was no one else there... and he is not in my active pet slots... and I'm afraid to move from my spot out here.

Today is just... blargh. x.x Anyways, I've written in a ticket, so now I'm just waiting for a response back. I just really needed to rant... or something.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Hatari
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Skarr and his disappearing act...

Unread post by Hatari »

That's...awful.
I'm so sorry.

Here's hoping you catch him again soon, sans the glitches.
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Torachi »

Thanks, it's much appreciated.

I'm calmer today, now that I had some time to steam off. I was just so darn frustrated. It was either write a little rant, or scream, and that wouldn't have been appreciated in the house. XD I still haven't heard back from Blizzard support, and frankly, I know they most likely won't be able to do anything about it, but I figured it was at least worth a try. Eventually, I'll try to go after him again, but for now, I'm just going to take a small break for a day or two and do other things.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

If you want, I can watch on my server. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Torachi »

It's all right, I don't want to be a bother. x.x I know I'll eventually get him, but I might just end up waiting until those blasted rocks are fixed. >.> While I was writing in my ticket, I stood by where the rocks begin, and watched as several other people, non-hunters at that, attempted to get to Fireplume Peak... and got about a third of the way across before falling through rocks they thought were solid.

Also, out of curiosity, does the whole realm-hopping thing still work? My fiance and I tried it recently for my low level draenei hunter who wanted a rare in a more traveled spot, and it didn't appear to be working like it had before for us. We used the same realm as before, but nothing happened; no phasing, the other nearby players hadn't disappeared, or anything like that. I mainly ask because while I might take a break on Tor, I might take the opportunity to level my other two hunters, and possibly attempt to get a few rares on them.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

It does but you have to be on two different servers and either whoever if doing the inviting is what server you go to, or whoever is the highest level.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I had that same thing happen to me...albeit with a chest, not Skarr. I hopped neatly onto the uncracked, unfalling rock next to it and fwoosh, fell right through it to my death.

I assumed that somewhere, a GM was laughing his ass off, frankly.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Torachi »

Junrei wrote:It does but you have to be on two different servers and either whoever if doing the inviting is what server you go to, or whoever is the highest level.
Ohhhh, okay. That clarifies it better. That would be why it wasn't working for us. >.>
Nachtwulf wrote:I had that same thing happen to me...albeit with a chest, not Skarr. I hopped neatly onto the uncracked, unfalling rock next to it and fwoosh, fell right through it to my death.

I assumed that somewhere, a GM was laughing his ass off, frankly.
That chest was there for me, too. -.- A friend of mine was trying to get to it before beginning his own wait for Skarr... which is when he found out about the rocks, much to his dismay. We could almost hear the maniacal cackling off in the distance.

I finally got a reply back; nothing the GM could do, as I had put in a bug report about the rocks, before I had written in my ticket about taming Skarr. >< I wasn't aware that submitting one before the other would effect how GMs could handle tickets.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

sorry your tame glitched out on you. I know it must of sucked.
For the rocks. You dont have to stay on anny of the smal floating rocks to tame these two. Your tame beast reach them perfectly from the "mainland".
Might help you next time.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Torachi »

Akyo wrote:sorry your tame glitched out on you. I know it must of sucked.
For the rocks. You dont have to stay on anny of the smal floating rocks to tame these two. Your tame beast reach them perfectly from the "mainland".
Might help you next time.
That's what I thought. In pretty much every taming guide I read, they said that they tamed him from the mainland. I actually breathed a sigh of relief when Tor was sent to the graveyard there, because what was apparently the most difficult part was over... But yeah... that did not work out in my favor. I attempted to get the tame beast spell to work from 2-3 angles on the ledge of the mainland when Skarr first spawned... nope. "Target not in line of sight" was the result of each try. When I went to move a little more, to try again, is when I slipped onto one of the floating rocks. I figured that was how I had to do the tame period, because my tame beast spell just was not reaching Skarr, so I gave it a shot... and, well, the rest I've already ranted about.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

strange. Never had anny issue with that back in the days. Could be a recent glitch.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Torachi »

That's what I'm assuming. It might have something to do with the glitching floating rocks somehow messing with Skarr's positioning or something.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)