Loque is calling to me...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Loque is calling to me...

Unread post by Demonicow »

I must make a new topic to explain what is happening to me, this morning at 2:50 i was awoken by the gentle voice of a woman and at that moment i felt a knot in my heart and as i came to i logged on wow and at the moment i logged on i was told someone tamed loque. This tells me one thing that it is loque who wants for me to tame her, I came back online to tell everyone the story and also to add one of veph's luck charms in hoping that this works for me so i am off to wait for loque to spawn wish me luck!
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Loque is calling to me...

Unread post by ashdawn »

good luck! :D
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

So... the "woman" you heard was basically Loque calling you to get up?

I would rather have the woman. Heh.

(but... I already have Loque, so ... ehh...)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

GL with Luque! I wish rares would wake me with their siren song.
It took me months to see him let along tame him on Aoi. Passed by as he spawned lol.

(also I think Loque is a guy his mate is Har'koa in Zul'Drak)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

What Bod said there. Loque, for the record, is a dead beat dad, hanging out in Sholazar while his family is cursed, his mate in peril of being slain. And as hard as he is to find, he sure doesn't seem like he's out there looking for help :P

All the same, I wish you luck! Loque is a challenge to be sure.

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

recently i was on my hunter when i switched to help someone and when i got back loque was next to me for a moment before he was tamed by another hunter i no longer believe it seeks me anymore afterall i tried to kill it to avoid letting the other hunter have it i no longer feel this presence in my dreams because rarely do i have dreams as more often then not i have nightmares usually consisting of me dying in some form or another so it is a matter of coincidence i find the northern spot very common because the unborn val'kyr shares the area with loque which i believe to interfere with the natural spawn of loque in that spot
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Demonicow wrote:recently i was on my hunter when i switched to help someone and when i got back loque was next to me for a moment before he was tamed by another hunter i no longer believe it seeks me anymore afterall i tried to kill it to avoid letting the other hunter have it i no longer feel this presence in my dreams because rarely do i have dreams as more often then not i have nightmares usually consisting of me dying in some form or another so it is a matter of coincidence i find the northern spot very common because the unborn val'kyr shares the area with loque which i believe to interfere with the natural spawn of loque in that spot
Eek... You tried to kill him so the other hunter couldn't tame him?? For every person who tames him that is one less that you have to worry about camping him later.

Plus.... it sounds like you may need a vacation from WoW, heh.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

to be honest it was just a natural reaction the hunter was horde but i didnt find that out till it left in the sky with MY pet!

Armory
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

It wasn't yet your pet. You had just popped in, as you said, and Loque was already being tamed. You wouldn't like someone killing Loque while YOU were FINALLY taming him, hmm? You know how it feels to be camping something. Imagine after waiting for hours, suddenly Loque spawns. OH happy day! You start the tame, your heart racing.... Then suddenly someone comes along and kills him right out from under you. Your heart and your hopes just sink. Do YOU want to be the guy to do that to someone? Even if someone has/does do this to you... Don't ever stoop so low as to become like that. Esp as petopians, we strive to be hunters that live above such acts. To help our fellow hunter, horde or alliance. Trust me, we all understand the frustration.

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

having come upon someone taming loque from somewhere else my reaction would have been different but to be camping loque in that one spot and for less then a min to pass and have him pop up like that its like a big middle finger to me, it was supposed to be mine had i not been distracted for the time i would have tamed loque before the other hunter was even aware of it but i suppose that doesnt justify my actions and i am truly sorry for what i did to that hunter to deny it that right even tho i did not get such a luxury is not justified

it just seems like there is no point in camping loque anymore when the only end result is witnessing him/her being killed or tamed by someone else,
and since the cross realm zones it confuses me why all of us on different realms should share just one version of a rare pet its like a million people trying to hunt an extinct species of animal speaking of an extinct species i havent seen krush in sholazar for the longest time.

however if i were there when the pet spawned and someone tryed to tame it before me i would have used all my cds and denied them their prize because it was never theirs to begin with no matter if they were horde or alliance as anything gained without honor is worthless.

Armory
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Dont give up bro :)

I saw loque get tamed about 8 times, 3 times at other spawn spots, about 4 times at my own spawn spot and once he was tagged in mid tame and someone just came and killed him :(
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Demonicow wrote:however if i were there when the pet spawned and someone tryed to tame it before me i would have used all my cds and denied them their prize because it was never theirs to begin with no matter if they were horde or alliance as anything gained without honor is worthless.
Umm I'm not sure thats the right attitude...what if you were taming and they killed it? If they hit the button before you (or didn't see you there - with CRZ I find it takes a min for things to appear when I land) that isn't really their fault. Rares come when you least expect it, just be paitent and courteous to other players and you too will have your prize :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:
Demonicow wrote:however if i were there when the pet spawned and someone tryed to tame it before me i would have used all my cds and denied them their prize because it was never theirs to begin with no matter if they were horde or alliance as anything gained without honor is worthless.
Umm I'm not sure thats the right attitude...what if you were taming and they killed it? If they hit the button before you (or didn't see you there - with CRZ I find it takes a min for things to appear when I land) that isn't really their fault. Rares come when you least expect it, just be paitent and courteous to other players and you too will have your prize :)
Definitely agreed. I'm sorry, Demonicow but you won't really find support for that sort of attitude here. It's doing stuff like that that gets hunter's a bad rep. You wouldn't like someone to do that to you so why do it to someone else? You became the griefer. They were there first. Killing it only gains you a bad reputation as well as giving you more competition. It wasn't yours to begin with either. Until that tame is finished and it's at your side as your official pet, it's no more yours than it is theirs.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

if you realy wanted help with loque instead of sinking to a lowby you could have looked on these forums and i'm sure someone would help you out ether bye helping you camp on your end or someone can bring you over to there end.i know my sister was a big help with getting me a few of my rares as well as other friends and some on these forums and i heped them as well.what goes around comes around.the fact that you just did a gref only insures that you will get your grefs eventually.and when that happens think back to that moment.and as like with others be pateint and you will get the pet that you hav been waiting for.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

HunterFTW wrote:if you realy wanted help with loque instead of sinking to a lowby you could have looked on these forums and i'm sure someone would help you out ether bye helping you camp on your end or someone can bring you over to there end.i know my sister was a big help with getting me a few of my rares as well as other friends and some on these forums and i heped them as well.what goes around comes around.the fact that you just did a gref only insures that you will get your grefs eventually.and when that happens think back to that moment.and as like with others be pateint and you will get the pet that you hav been waiting for.
This is so true, he helped me get gondria karoma and sambas, plus he has 24 hunters and about 10 of every spirit beast on each

he truely is a hunter nut lol :P
demonrow
Realm: Nazgrel

Unread post by demonrow »

I'm a fellow hunter, and I've been camping Loque for months now! My 7 year old daughter just loves my hunter, primarily for the pets. [P.S., Thank you Blizzard for giving us 50 stable slots now!] I showed her wow-petopia so she could browse all the pets, and we have fun travelling around finding the ones she wants. And of course, which one does she love the MOST?

Yup, Loque'nahak.

So every weekend when I've picked her up on Friday (divorced, weekend dad) the first thing she wants to know is if we've got Loque! And it's always been the same answer. She almost cries every time she sees him in a battleground, or with another hunter. Griefed by the seven spawn points minutes apart by 280% flying and a CRZ server constantly camped by hunters wanting to tame her and everyone else wanting to kill her, and that really long spawn timer, it just wasn't happening.

UNTIL I saw the 50% discount on Realm changes offered from Blizzard. I've been considering a realm change to a non CRZ server and knew about the couple RP-PVP servers which are not cross realm zoned! I transferred over to Ravenholdt (RP-PVP) last night, and within 24 hours I have found and tamed:
Loque'nahak
Ankha
Koroma
Skoll
Ghostcrawler
Gib the Banana-Horder

Plus while I was just sitting at my keyboard in awe after taming Skoll, Vyragosa flew over! And I never saw another hunter. Or any other players for that matter. Did I mention this was all within the first 24 hours after my character transferred??? Most of that time, I was sleeping and at work too (not at the same time though! ;) I may be camping for a Time-lost proto drake...

I've still got a couple more that I'm going to look for, but this has well been worth the price of a character transfer!

So there's an option if you're not tied down to your server. Plus you can always transfer back. I hope my story helps you out!
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Awww thats a really nice heart warming story, it made my day seeing as you got so many rare pets in such a short amount of time I suppose its like getting a pet, but that pet teleports between multiple people so you're always seeing this pet you really really want and when you get it its just the most amazing feeling, and you got that 6 times :D happiness!

for all your tames:

Grats

Grats

Grats

Grats

Grats

Grats!
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

ok now i want to transfer some of my hunters over to some of those servers.but i'll proply do that when the situation calls for it.
Gnarsht
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Gnarsht »

I never seemed interested in taming this one I did however tame Skol his wolf version
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Grats on all those tames and seeing Trollagosa...though believe me, the TLPD camp might make you cry.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine