Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

Unread post by Maizou »

Chances are the ones that survived were smart enough to seek refuge in the Alliance (and Horde?) Shrine(s) until Garrosh was done.

I'm assuming the 3 that we fight simply got caught by the Pride of the Golden Lotus overwhelming them. (Which is probably why we can apparently save them, based on what someone said above in the dungeon journal. Getting them to near death together might be enough of them knowing they need help to break Pride's hold on them. [After all, Shaohan said the way to beat pride is to admit you need help])
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I knew that it was going to happen, but I was hoping that it would not be this soon. Feh. I'm extremely upset about the Klaxxi Paragons. I don't raid, so I'll never get to see it for myself, but I still feel like my heart was torn out.

The comments over on Wowhead leave me unsure, so I'm asking: Do the Paragons die or do they regain their senses like the three Golden Lotus members?

And will I need to change my hearth? Currently, it's at Klaxxi'vess.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Klaxxi'vess appears to be the same as always so I think you're safe to keep your hearth there. I'm sure someone will make a thread about it if it changes in a different build. I'm not sure the Klaxxi are out of their senses or anything either - they worship Y'shaarj and they've even told us that we worship different Gods and that we may have to fight them one day. I'm not sure how the encounter with them will end though.
funk#1402

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I know they worship Y'shaarj, I'm exalted with them. Sorry, I really irks me when I'm told something I already know. It didn't stop me from liking them, they're my favorite faction of all time. *sigh* Thanks for the answer, though, it's appreciated.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

I'm pretty heartbroken by this too. I kinda figured we'd have to face them in a future expansion... Apparently not :c
funk#1402

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If the Paragons are indeed controlled by Y'shaarj, and we have to break them out of it, then it's possible they'll come to realize that Old Gods aren't so fun to worship after all. But if they've joined Garrosh of their own free will just because he's sha-infested, then I think it's also a bit contradictory given that they fought against their own queen when she was under the same influence. Either they're allied with the Sha, as fragments of their Old God, or they're not.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Yeah I was thinking about that too - it's all very contradictory, or seems that way at this point. It could be that Y'shaarj called/whispered to them to come to fight or something, and in that case, yeah, maybe they will denounce the Old Gods in the end. It doesn't seem they are corrupted or have clouded minds like the Fallen Protectors though. I'm going by dungeon journal only at this point so it's all speculation really.
funk#1402

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Maybe seeing their god fully formed again is the reason? *shrug* Dunno :lol:
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

RE: Klaxxi fight

when we got exalted with Klaxxi, we earned their trust, but we also earned a warning:

"Your gods are not your gods, outsider. If the Old Ones ever return, we Mantid will once again stand by their side."

It is very clear where their loyalty lies. I hope this doesn't end up with the Klaxxi being like "Oh he (Y'shaarj) was evil this whole time (meaning thousands of years) and we, as an elder race, just NOW see it? Jeepers!" That story arc gets old :\

I love the paragons too, but if we are challenging the Old Ones, we have drawn a line in the sand, and the Mantid have already told us what side of that line they are on.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I don't expect that to happen. I expect to lose them as a faction. Hell, I wish we could have a choice to side with the Old Gods ourselves, but that's not going to happen ever.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Is Stampede even worth using anymore in PVE ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

AdamSavage wrote:Is Stampede even worth using anymore in PVE ?
According to Z's spreadsheet, it still is, but it's certainly a much lower priority than before. around 1.4% of your dps as BM. Of couse less for the other specs.
Account has been closed at user's request.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not.

I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Well, the mimics is flawless XD especially that /applaud one.
The statue could be a bit less bulky, though. Just a bit.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

COMPARISON TIEMZZ

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I half wonder...

We only fight 3 Klaxxi Paragons each week...

It's possible they AREN'T doing it on their own free will. Or it's possible they'll play the "The other 6 chose to betray Y'shaarj." card, and lore wise, none of them will actually be dead. Or they'll choose 3 to keep dead, and the other 6 stay on Azeroth to see how the other races live, free from the Old Gods, bringing on a new time of peace on Pandaria, where the Mantid and Pandaren work together.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Maybe. I can see a couple of them refusing to serve the Old Gods.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Updated comparison.

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

It might make the klaxxi fans feel better, that we don't seem to be intended to outright kill them, but that they're another 1% set of bosses. It could be that they're there to reclaim Y'shaarj's heart, not help Garrosh at all, and we're simply between them and their goal.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Toyed around with the (armor) geosets of the pandaren models in WMV somewhat.

Aside from the cuffs at the wrists, the geosets are new. The shape of the pants at the knees, the cuffs at the shoulders, the rope belt. Sure, they are just geosets made for the gear, but it does sketch an idea of what their intentions might be in the future with gear. I really don't think they put that time into it just to give it to one set(literally only the Pandaren monk starting gear) and then never use it again.

I think it shows that they are planning to do something with the gear and the models of the gear, so I think it's fair to expect that we won't be sticking with flat-texture chest armor forever.